- Contains nearly every spell for the game, including those from the PHB, SCAG, and XGtE.
- Spells can be quickly searched for by name, by level, by source, or by class
- Spells can be learned by any token, after which the spell can be consulted through the token's Spell Book
- Spell preparation can be kept track of with a simple mark at the left of each spell name
- Clickable links in the spell description, to trigger saving throws, ability checks, damage rolls, conditions, and more on the selected targets
- Each spell can be cast through either Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma, for which the correct DC will be calculated
- Put the spell Lib:SpellLibrary token on a map, and drag the "Spell Library" and "Spellbook" macros to the Campaign Panel
- Impersonate the token you wish to use to cast spells
- Click on "Spell Library", browse spells, and add them via the "Learn" button on the right of each spell
- Click on "Spellbook" macro, and check your spells. You can prepare them by clicking the dot on the left.
- To cast, click on the "+" sign on the left of the spell to read the spell description. Select the tokens that will be affected, and click on the keyword to trigger the effect (saving throw, skill check, etc)
The classic Fireball spell.
Spell Library, containing 786 spells
Spell Book of a token
Clicking on the saving throw automatically rolls it
Rolling the saving throw for Acid Splash
- The sort order within a token's spellbook will now be remembered next time the spellbook is opened again. The order is stored in the variable "SpellbookOrder"
Update 1.4.1 (5/17/2020)
- Fix bug where rolling for damage would fail if no tokens were targeted
- Remove lone quote being printed to chat if changing the casting stat of a spell not known
Update 1.4 (5/15/2020)
- New feature: damage prompts to the GM! GMs will now receive a prompt in the chat when a damage link is clicked on a spell while targets are selected. The GM can change how much damage each target should receive, and press the DMG button to confirm. All targets will take the damage automatically. Feature can be disabled in Config, and requires MapTool 1.7 to work.
- Corrected a few spells having duplicated condition links
- Fix MapTool hanging when using the token editor with the Spell Library
- New link "Macro" under "Share" to create a shortcut macro to a spell on a token. The shortcut's color represents the school of the spell.
Update 1.3 (5/10/2020)
- Add Artificer to the list of class filters
- Fix spell material component not being displayed
- Fix caster image not being displayed when not impersonating a character
- Add new system to add Custom Spells! Spells are added through the "Add Custom Spell" macro, and modified and deleted through the "Modify Custom Spell" macro.
Update 1.2 (5/7/2020)
- Add Configuration menu. Currently only used to specify when a token should receive a Spellbook macro
- Fix clicking on the column name of a subtable sorting the spells
- Fix spells with apostrophe in their name not working
- Fix spells so upcasting to level 9 now possible
- Fix slight error in upcasting damage calculation
- Change upcasting spells to display the rolls for the base spell and upcasted bonus separately
- Change Saving Throw / Checks / Attacks to display the spell DC if no target are selected
- Change spell attacks to display the damage of a critical hit
- Library now available on GitHub
Update 1.1 (5/4/2020)
- Fix Spell Library and Spellbook macro to execute immediately when clicked
- Add a Spellbook macro to tokens when they learn their first spell
- Add "Share" button in each spell description, which prints a link to the spell in the chat
- Change upcasting links so that casters can choose the level they wish to cast a spell at
- Fix saving throws and skill checks if the token is not properly configured for Melek'ss framework