[D&D4E] Libraries

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Tymophil
Kobold

[D&D4E] Libraries

Post by Tymophil »

Hi everyone,

I noticed that someone build some modules for Fantasy Grounds, based on the Compendium. This way all monsters for D&D4e are available for this software. They did the same for all feats and all powers.

Could it be possible to do the same for Maptool?

Which Framework could take advantage of such "libraries"?

bocotainin
Kobold

Re: [D&D4E] Libraries

Post by bocotainin »

MacroPoliceBox has fairly automated copy paste of stuff like that from the compendium links and character builder outputs. Actually leaving the info in a distributed framework is probably going to get copyright stomped.

Tymophil
Kobold

Post by Tymophil »

bocotainin wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:49 pm
MacroPoliceBox has fairly automated copy paste of stuff like that from the compendium links and character builder outputs. Actually leaving the info in a distributed framework is probably going to get copyright stomped.
The problem is the "fairly" part... It doesn't always work. Sometimes, the process freezes randomly.
I would prefer to search the Character file for the name of the power, and retrieve the info needed from a library.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Just seeing this now as I don't normally check this board. Why didn't you post in the D&D 4e topic?

I can't remember the last time any of my imports hung and (for obvious reasons) I am testing continually. Please make a post at viewtopic.php?f=58&start=1335&t=20749&s ... 666b9e3fcc as per the "Reporting Problems" page of my site.
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

Return to “User Creations”