Pathfinder 2e Framework

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

paulstrait
Dragon

Pathfinder 2e Framework

Post by paulstrait »

I have finally finished a passable version of my Pathfinder 2e Framework, which borrows heavily from work by Rico, Jamz, and others. It is extensive. It contains every feat, most spells, all the classes/races through Secrets of Magic (and most of the archetypes).

Get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bh7 ... 2021.cmpgn

What does this framework do? Everything. It tracks feat interactions with other feats, spells, etc. It tracks your multiattack penalty. It tracks various traits/keywords like forceful. It will adjust initiative appropriately if someone is, say, scouting. It does every calculation you would ever need to do in the game for you. It doesn't automatically apply damage, as that gets fairly complicated with possible reactions etc., but it will automatically apply healing from various sources.

In short, with this framework, you will not need a character sheet (although it probably wouldn't hurt to keep a Pathbuilder file to double check stuff here and there), and you will barely even need to know the rules of the game. Every macro comes with a full tooltip with all of the rules elements visible upon mouseover.

To build a character, just copy the PC token on the Library map, click the Initialize Token macro, and follow the instructions. Then, impersonate the token and the click on the various libraries to grab feats and abilities and drag them to the token. If you need to make a feat, there is a big red Feat Builder macro in the GM window, although you really shouldn't need to use this bc, as I said, it already has every feat in the game (and even some that aren't).

To build an NPC, copy the NPC token, click Edit Token to put the basic details in, and then you can use the big red NPC Attack Builder macro in the GM macros to build whatever abilities (a lot of shared abilities, like Grab, etc., are in the GM window and can just be dragged over).

I've made a ton of monsters, NPC templates, specific NPCs, Haunts, and Hazards

I've also included all of the iconics at level 1 so you can see what built PC tokens look like, as well as a few PCs from my current campaigns. Finally, I've included the maps for the Beginner Box, with all the monsters/traps/etc. ready to go (you'll need to own the Beginner Box to make sense of it because there isn't flavor text embedded in the map, but it should be pretty self-explanatory).

I am Ao on Discord, feel free to ping me if you need help with anything. If something is not working, I'll either help you make it work or I'll fix it.

Some notes:
*To add a feat to a PC, it simply has to be copied to the token and executed once.
*I'm working on documentation; a few things aren't so self-explanatory, like multiclass casting. There are examples but feel free to reach out.
*Most spells can be heightened by editing the macro and following the instructions.
*Spells can be changed into scrolls, or innate spells (once, twice, or three times per day) by editing the patentToken value (follow examples for guidance).
*Most actions and activities are on the PC token by default, but even more options are in the Campaign macros.
*The "Spell Adder" macro doesn't do what you think it would do -- basically it exists to populate the list of divine and primal spells that clerics/druids can select from when choosing which spells to prepare. I'm still working on an automator for adding spells.

Some things I'm working on:
*The magus and a few of the ancestries from Mwangi Expanse still require some automation fixes.
*The only current way to change the order of weapons is by manually editing the Attacks property.
*The alchemist needs better automation tools for infusions--the current method is a bit wonky.
*There are a bunch of spells from SoM I need to add.
*By default, NPC level and defenses are visible to players. I know this is often undesired, and the next release will make this toggle-able.
*Currently, persistent damage does not apply/save automatically. Will probably be automated in the next update.
Last edited by paulstrait on Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulstrait
Dragon

Re: Pathfinder 2e Framework

Post by paulstrait »

Tutorial #1 -- Running an encounter.

1) Set up initiative settings (can ignore if nothing has changed since the previous encounter)

* In the GM window, click Init Settings

1) If a PC is engaging in the Scouting exploration activity, set the bonus (you can also set this directly when they start scouting, but often the party will settle into a routine in which one of the PCs is nearly always scouting, which is why you can set the bonus as a default).

2) Decide if characters will have their reaction available before their first turn. (This is always up to the GM -- my general approach is not to give reactions by default, but to make them available if the PCs knew about the enemies before the encounter started and were prepared for the encounter to break out).

2) Players should toggle any relevant exploration activities on their token in advance. For example, perhaps Merisiel is Avoiding Notice:

Notice in the selection window, the red-shaded macros identify ongoing exploration activities rather than 1-off activities. Avoiding Notice is relevant here because it automatically (and temporarily) changes her initiative roll from Perception to Stealth. (A separate macro can change this to whatever skill in case something unusual is happening, but Perception is the default).

3) Then, select all the tokens and click the Initiative macro in the GM window. This will select the appropriate skill and apply appropriate bonuses (including any relevant feats). If any PC has a feat that triggers when they roll initiative, this will happen automatically now as well.

A tooltip will output in the chat in case anyone wants to verify that the bonuses were all calculated correctly. Additionally, an overlay with health information will now appear above the map.

4) First up is Giant Rat 4. Notice that the token is highlighted, and the remaining available actions appear as states on the token.

Also notice that the rat rolled 20.01 for initiative -- the .01 is because by default, NPCs win ties (some feats overrule this, and when relevant, they framework will take them into account).

5) Look at the rat's selected menu for available actions.

Actions are appropriately labeled, and you can mouse-over each action to get a tooltip to remind yourself of what it does.

6) The rat takes its turn. It strides and then attacks twice, after which initiative automatically advances.

The multi-attack penalty is automatically calculated, and because the attack has the "agile" trait, it will only be a -4. One attack hits and the other misses.

7) Apply damage etc. as necessary.

If you prefer, the save can be done secretly by clicking a toggle; in that case, the results only show to the GM.

8] The next character takes a turn. Kyra is up, and she decides she wants to cast heal.

Because of the variable action of the heal spell, a menu pops up, and also asks if she wants to use her divine font. She decides to cast the two action version.

The spell executes, and takes into account any relevant feats (e.g., Healing Hands). It then automatically applies the healing (and if Kyra were undead, it would know that and appropriately apply damage instead).

9) The encounter continues until finished. If necessary, the GM can use the forward/backward arrows to move around in initiative efficiently, but it should proceed automatically on its own. When the encounter is over, the GM just clicks the blue Clear Init macro and Encounter Mode is ended.

Return to “User Creations”