Token states [AidyBaby]

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

AidyBaby
Dragon

Token states [AidyBaby]

Post by AidyBaby »

I've updated this first post to include all my states (seen as my gallery is broken).

I'll keep this zip up to date if I add any more.

EDIT:
Added vulnerable states.
Added lighting states - use as full token states when a token is carrying a light source.

AidyBaby states (part 1 of 2).zip
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 748 times

AidyBaby states (part 2 of 2).zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 704 times

Note that the border states (bloodied, dead, current, saving throw, start of turn, end of turn, wounded) are designed to work with my token border as full token images:

4th edition (256px).png
4th edition (256px).png (35.44 KiB) Viewed 6614 times
Tokentool trimmer (256px).png
Tokentool trimmer (256px).png (13.13 KiB) Viewed 6614 times

Instructions for using these with Tokentool are here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12539

-- AidyBaby --
Last edited by AidyBaby on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 am, edited 13 times in total.

Waits
Cave Troll

Post by Waits »

These are fantastic. I like the uniform look.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

I love them! I'm torn between those and Jectors!

Naryt
Dragon

Post by Naryt »

Shiny! SHINY!!! 8)
A wandering lost soul

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Staring at them for a while I have only two requests/suggestions.

Dying. I think the green plus is more reminiscent of Regeneration than Dying. I'd actually like to see Dying and Dead really big and centered (I know dead is already centered. If fact, the "dead" symbol is not a bad dying one, and dead could maybe be a "R.I.P." tombstone.

Second, how would you handle "extra" stuff. Like, Marked, Cursed, Quarry, etc.

Personally, I'd be inclined to use them as grid images. Since there are a few more I'd like to see, but it's unlikely that you'd be under all of them at the same time. I really think they're beautiful though. The button look with the "pic" as a cutout really pops.

Would you mind either adding "cropped and centered" versions to the gallery, or allowing me to do so? I want them available on the gallery as a repository, but I don't want to step on your toes.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

Very nicely done. :)
I cast firecube! ~4E

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

UntoldGlory wrote:Dying. I think the green plus is more reminiscent of Regeneration than Dying.

These are brilliant symbols, but I do agree with Untold on the Dying symbol. It should be red, and it should have a negative sign, not a positive.

Otherwise they are brilliant.
[url="http://profile.xfire.com/thepillbox"]Image[/url]

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

UntoldGlory wrote:Dying. I think the green plus is more reminiscent of Regeneration than Dying. I'd actually like to see Dying and Dead really big and centered (I know dead is already centered. If fact, the "dead" symbol is not a bad dying one, and dead could maybe be a "R.I.P." tombstone.

Second, how would you handle "extra" stuff. Like, Marked, Cursed, Quarry, etc.

Personally, I'd be inclined to use them as grid images.

Would you mind either adding "cropped and centered" versions to the gallery, or allowing me to do so? I want them available on the gallery as a repository, but I don't want to step on your toes.

I think you're right about the colour and symbol for the dying state, I'll get that updated.

I use halos for marking and quarry. I simply activate a halo on marker and markee of the same colour so that it's clear who's marking who.

I'll put the full size state images in my gallery http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/AidyBaby/. Not sure what you mean about 'grid images', prob a feature of states I haven't picked up on yet.

Glad people like them. Any further suggestions would be welcome.

-- AidyBaby --
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

As I understand it, if you create you state as a "grid image" from the dropdown box, then it will just plop down to the left of the icon that came in before it. Or on the next row up if that row is full. Then if you remove the state it will fill in (like a fridge pack of soda when you take one from the bottom). So you don't have to worry about the placement of your icons.

And I currently use halos for marking, but then there always comes a time when a mob happens to be marked by the fighter, and is the quarry of the ranger, or some other multiple thing like that.

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

I really like these state icons. How did you make them? As well, we don't have a Petrified, Marked, Dominated, Suprised icons. I'd make some myself but I don't know what program you used.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

I personally don't think one "marked" icon will work. I'm using Dorponds colored bullseyes, with each color corresponding to a particular player's halo/text color, like so:

I name the states for my players too. Like state: "Curse of Silva" or "Challenge of Kamaladrin".

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

That's a good point for the Marked state. Then it could apply to Quarry, Cursed, and Divine Challenge as well. But I'd still like to have the other three states done.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

I've updated the states to be full images to allow them to be used as you see fit. I'll be using them as grid images (3x3) - thanks UntoldGlory for pointing out that possibility. Oh, I'll be using dead and dying as full token images.

They are all in my gallery. I have added 5 versions of marks (all currently red) and need to add all the other colours when I get time, or if there's a definite favourite I'll just do those.

Here goes:

Blinded:
Bloodied:
Dazed:
Dead:
Deafened:
Dominated:
Dying:
Helpless:
Immobilised:
Petrified:
Prone:
Restrained:
Slowed:
Stunned:
Surprised:
Unconscious:
Weakened:
Red mark v1:
Red mark v2:
Red mark v3:
Red mark v4:
Red mark v5:

Phew! Daelkyr, I made these in Photoshop CS3. Vector shapes and layer styles are cool.

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/AidyBaby/Token+states/

-- AidyBaby --

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

Wow! Those are awesome!

If it's not too much work, can you post a quick tutorial too? I am really interested.

You know the saying... Give a man a fish, and feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and feed him for life :)

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Ryss wrote:... can you post a quick tutorial too? I am really interested.

Yep, of course. Going to get some kip now but I'll knock up a description of everything you need in the next day or so.

-- AidyBaby --

Return to “User Creations”