Unbound Maps: Tiles

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

dorpond
RPTools Team

Unbound Maps: Tiles

Post by dorpond »

Some of you requested some unbound floors so here is one style in 4 different colors:

Load these maps unbound.

Note: Any grahics that have lines in them will automatically create lines and such depending on the zoom level. That is just a natual byproduct in a pixel world that we have to deal with - finding a happy zoom level is the key.

These are roughly 25k each in size.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Cool stuff!
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I wasn't sure what color you wanted Steel - are those good enough or were you looking for a different?

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Those are fine, any various natural colors so not all town squares look the same ;)
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Town Square - good idea!

I like to know how people use the quick maps :)

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Town Square, castle courtyard, fancy driveway...
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Sounds like I gotta get the Texture Paint working for filled drawables. That would be neat to draw a driveway with those textures
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

trevor wrote:Sounds like I gotta get the Texture Paint working for filled drawables. That would be neat to draw a driveway with those textures
lol yeah. Won't need DJ or CC3 before long ;)
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Steel Rat wrote:lol yeah. Won't need DJ or CC3 before long ;)
Uh oh!

*** Hex Boy runs and hides before zealots from certain other forums attack with flamethrowers and righteous indignation. :wink: ***

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Phergus wrote:*** Hex Boy runs and hides before zealots from certain other forums attack with flamethrowers and righteous indignation. :wink: ***
So does Dorpond the Evangelist.

Actually, it might be a good idea to edit that Steel. I'd like to keep peace with them since they do make some good art.. No need to make enemies with people who make wonderful stamping materials :)

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:
Phergus wrote:*** Hex Boy runs and hides before zealots from certain other forums attack with flamethrowers and righteous indignation. :wink: ***
So does Dorpond the Evangelist.

Actually, it might be a good idea to edit that Steel. I'd like to keep peace with them since they do make some good art.. No need to make enemies with people who make wonderful stamping materials :)
Heh, actually, I believe there is value in both camps. It isn't MapTool's intention to replace tools like DJ.

The mapmaking support in MT specifically targets a different type of map.

Think about how long it takes to create a map in DJ. I imagine it isn't a 2 minute job. Instead, you spend hours and hours preparing for a specific encounter or environment.

What I envision MT's mapmaking is to target the: the party decides to enter the abondoned building in the south east .... oh crap, I don't have a visual for that .... new unbounded map->draw, draw, draw->go.

So basically: DJ => intricate, beautiful maps; MT=>need something quick, functional
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

trevor wrote: So basically: DJ => intricate, beautiful maps; MT=>need something quick, functional
I can't agree more... Our goals with MapTool have been driven by very quick usability within the game, not perfection. Frankly our drawing tools are terrible, they are inaccurate, they jump a little depending on zoom levels, etc... But, they are quick to use and that speed of creation is a necessity.
~Giliath

thejadedgm
Kobold

Post by thejadedgm »

And this is the reason I love this tool and falling more in love with it everyday.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

lol, that's why I put the smiley, since it was a joke. And frankly, you know what happens if they can't take a joke... And while we're on the subject, making of "stamping" objects has nothing to do with DJ or CC3, they can be used with equal or better result in things like Photoshop and GIMP. But anyway, keep on truckin', RPTools!!!
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

As a non art type I love the direction you are going and you are spot on with the quick and dirty approach. I'm oriented on playing enjoyment and its no fun for a player to wait while a DM draws a map. The stamps in combination with rpgmapshare will/have increase the amount of playing time greatly, which is part of the goal of these tools.

Now we spend less time drawing, less time looking up rules, less time adding up dice, and less time tracking initiative. Basically less time on the mechanics of playing and more time actually gaming!

All cuz you guys rock. :-)
Last edited by RPTroll on Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Return to “User Creations”