Tavern in a Tower

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

OK, I have two different generic versions; one with a curtain open and one with it closed.
(I didn't think about leaving it off altogether so that you could stamp the curtain down yourself)

Here they are! Now you can make your own concerts! Actually, I wonder it it would be worth making concert stamps to plop down the concerts right on stage in one swoop? Hmmm.. It would be nice to change shows everytime the party visits. :)

*No burlesque shows gang - this site is G rated* :lol:

Might be fun to do.. Anyone want to make some shows/concerts?

http://www.rpgmapshare.com/index.php?q= ... temId=9325
http://www.rpgmapshare.com/index.php?q= ... temId=9321

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

This is why it would be great to be able to group stamps ahead of time in Mt so you could just plop the group down in a specific arrangement when needed.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Steel Rat wrote:This is why it would be great to be able to group stamps ahead of time in Mt so you could just plop the group down in a specific arrangement when needed.
That would sure make it faster than digging through a bunch of directories looking for stamps every time.

If there is any way to speed up GMing, I am all for it.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I'll put in a tracker to be able to save token groups.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I decided during last nights game that I needed to have a meeting room of some sort in the tavern so I decided to modify the main level a bit and add a spiral staircase leading down to another level.

I also thought that it would be nice for the barkeeps to be able to go to the bathroom so I made a bathroom with the little space I had. It is a staff only bathroom and all visitors need to use the one on the lower level.

The lower level has meeting rooms and such that can be used for whatever.

These are also my thoughts - what happens when the theater lets out and we have around 30 people that have to go to the bathroom? Well they leave the tavern and go to the public bathroom not too far from the Taven (a few levels down). The tavern bathroom as you can tell, isn't designed for much traffic. :)

V2 of the main floor:
http://www.rpgmapshare.com/index.php?q= ... temId=9449

Lower level:
http://www.rpgmapshare.com/index.php?q= ... temId=9441

And of course, the very generic version for those who want to decorate it any way they want:
http://www.rpgmapshare.com/index.php?q= ... temId=9453
Last edited by dorpond on Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I love the worlds you guys create. Bathrooms, heh, I would never have thought of that :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

Which proggie did you use?

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

trevor wrote:I love the worlds you guys create. Bathrooms, heh, I would never have thought of that :)
You'd be surprised at how many space ships I create that lack these vital rooms. Often times, it isn't a problem though. I usually forget to include Kitchens too.

IMarv

heruca
Dragon

Post by heruca »

Great maps as always, Dorpond.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Dracorat wrote:Which proggie did you use?
Welp for the Tavern in a Tower series, I used Photoshop. I recently bought upgraded to the latest version of Photoshop which makes finding my layers much easier now with a simple [cnrl] Left Click.

I actually like it better than Dundjinni now that I am used to it because I have total control over what I can do. It is only limited by my imagination.

Many of you don't know Vry; he inspired me with his maps (look in our gallery). The guy is a genious when it comes to creating this kind of stuff. He told me one day that he uses Photoshop so I sat down and started playing with it. Well, now I am hooked. Vry will always be a hero to me in this area. Thanks Vry for the inspiration!

Don't get me wrong though - every program has its place. I will not use Photoshop for every map. Dundjinni is great for making quick maps but to do all the fine tuning I find it is lacking. I will make my overland maps with CC3 or FM7 so I mix it up usually.

Keep in mind though - photoshop is no cheap investment. It is hundred of dollars out of the gate and around 150.00 for each upgrade. Compare that to the map making programs out there and you will quickly find that they actually do a fantastic job per dollar.

Thank you all, I am glad you like my maps!
Last edited by dorpond on Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

IMarvinTPA wrote: You'd be surprised at how many space ships I create that lack these vital rooms. Often times, it isn't a problem though. I usually forget to include Kitchens too.
You know, I try to make my maps as logical as possible. The only problem with that is that may maps end up being projects because I literally has to be an architect, builder, designer, decorator and study social behavior. :P

Really, one map takes me way too long to create and that is mostly due to design. Once I got the deisgn down, it is a matter of doing it.

The players like it that way though because when they go through my games, they can use logic to help them along.

Return to “User Creations”