[Savage Worlds] RPTroll's Campaign File Framework

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: [Savage Worlds] RPTroll's Campaign File Framework

Post by RPTroll »

DMFTodd wrote:Not deleting all the gear seemed to work better.

Is there a way to re-deal someone an initiative card? Say, you forget to take them off hold so they get an Ace when they shouldn't?

I found the GM token and added a new skill to the properties, but when the players go to roll it they get a message asking them for the value of the skill. Did I do something wrong in setting up a new skill? Perhaps the token had already been created and then I added the skill? Is there a way to fix that?
I'm not sure if the card is placed in the discard pile when you delete them from the Init Control panel. I would have to check. If it does, then you should be able to re-deal the initiative card but I would have to check to make sure that doesn't blow anything up. Seems like I've checked and it doesn't but that was over a year ago.

The second bit sounds like a bug. I'll check it when I get home. For now, you can add it to the main skills area if you have a game soon.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

Any progress on an update for this? The Shaken token not being able to make rolls is the main problem I'm having.

Or could you point me in a direction and I'll take stab at fixing it myself?

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

To get rid of the restriction that stops you from making a Trait roll when Shaken:

Grasslands map
GM Token
TraitTestWithMod button

Remove this:

[h:abortIt=if(state.Shaken==1&&trait!="Spirit",0,1)]
[h:assert(abortIt,"When shaken a token can only make a spirit roll and/or move half their pace")]

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Sorry, just seeing this. It's been a crazy few weeks trying to get a story ready for the editor.
I have a tested version of the framework with a few fixes (including this one) that I'll get out by the weekend.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

When attacking and getting a raise on the attack roll, the ranged penalty is getting subtracted on each die roll (so if it's -2 for medium, the result includes a -2 for the attack roll and another -2 on the raise roll)

AussieScum
Kobold

Post by AussieScum »

Hi, RPTroll.

Loving the framework but have a question.

I downloaded the files and opened SWEX.cmpgn

Just looking at your documentation from the start of the thread and trying a few things out. I think I'm seeing some debug code or something and can't work out how to remove it.

Instead of seeing:

Mage: Agility Roll:11
You Aced!

I'm seeing

Mage: Agility Roll: 11
<<"You Aced!" = "You Aced!" = You Aced! >> <<" = " >>

Any idea how to make that go away ?

Have not completely read 48 forum pages yet but still working on it to see if I can see anything there.

Thanks
LFR Characters: Jastus Avenger/Favored Soul 18, Talon Ranger/Battlefield Archer 18, Connor Invoker/Hammer of Vengeance 16, Felnarr Inspiring Warlord/Battlelord of Kord 14, Bhaine Swordmage 8, Eggbert Sorcerer 5, Shaik Bard 5, Thor Pacifist Cleric 4
Consider my vote for the most part to be Party Appropriate if not otherwise stated.

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

That's the output for a macro you created? If so, it's a bug and this will fix it:

File > Preferences, Interaction tab, Chat section, Insert Smilies - turn that off.

Agreed, a 48 page thread is completely friggin' worthless. Really wish the Maptools folks could at least fix this simple problem.

AussieScum
Kobold

Post by AussieScum »

Nope - core campaign framework.

Clicked on a token, opened character sheet, and rolled an ability check.

You can also see an example of it on the character sheet snippet posted by Radiating Gnome on page 46 of this thread - under Hindrances - I see that too.
LFR Characters: Jastus Avenger/Favored Soul 18, Talon Ranger/Battlefield Archer 18, Connor Invoker/Hammer of Vengeance 16, Felnarr Inspiring Warlord/Battlelord of Kord 14, Bhaine Swordmage 8, Eggbert Sorcerer 5, Shaik Bard 5, Thor Pacifist Cleric 4
Consider my vote for the most part to be Party Appropriate if not otherwise stated.

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

AussieScum wrote:Nope - core campaign framework.
Nevertheless try to turn the smilies off if you didn't, because this bug has nothing to do with macros being core campaign or added macros. I hope it will solve your problem because it would be really simple.

AussieScum
Kobold

Post by AussieScum »

Was already off. Turned it on, still there, turned it off again, still there

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

As I don't use and thus know this framework I won't be able to dive in its guts to find the problem. Sorry not being able to help you more :(

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

My version of this framework isn't doing it - I wonder if you're on an older version? Is there someway to check the version number?

mrtattoohead
Kobold

Post by mrtattoohead »

Hi, new potential user. I'm very much interested in the Savage World framework but I'm not getting the proper response from MapTool with the framework. Is there any one who has been recently successful with this setup?

I'm wondering if I'm set up incorrectly. Is there a compassionate user that is willing to help walk me through the proper installation? Maptool on it's own appears to be working properly.

Thanks in advance for any and all attentions paid to this matter.

Regards,

Mr. Tattoohead

mrtattoohead
Kobold

Post by mrtattoohead »

Would there be anyone available to give a walk through of the use of the SW Maptool framework?

Regards,

Mr. Tattoohead

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

Walk through how? I can send you my last campaign - that might get you started.

Honestly, I think this framework is overkill for Savage Worlds. Especially considering that it has a few bugs, that it is no longer maintained by anyone, and, judging by your responses - no one is using it. Throw in the fact that the board admins force us to page through a 50 page thread instead of individual threads, making it impossible to find answers yourself, and you've got a lot of reasons not to use it.

If I were doing it today, I'd just create buttons to do a trait roll + a wild die + any modifiers. Do a button for d4, d6, d8, d10, d12 and let the players just use a character sheet.

Return to “Savage Worlds Frameworks”