How do you do the following?

Import the GM macros onto the Lib:GM token: GMMacros.mtmacset
Import the Gear macros onto the Lib:Gear token GearMacros.mtmacset

Thanks.

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: [Savage Worlds] RPTroll's Campaign File Framework

Post by RPTroll »

Nethru wrote:How do you do the following?

Import the GM macros onto the Lib:GM token: GMMacros.mtmacset
Import the Gear macros onto the Lib:Gear token GearMacros.mtmacset

Thanks.
The fewest number of instructions way is to select the Token, open up the 'Selected' macro window if it isn't already open, right click somewhere in that window that isn't on a button, then select delete <something>. You want the option that deletes everything. You might be asked to confirm the deletion on each macro. Once all the macros are gone, right click again in the selected window and select the import option, select the file from the file dialog and hit OK.

You can also use RPEdit to select all the macro text from one campaign and put it in the other. I'd have to be create the steps for that one, however, and I'm not sure when I'm going to be back behind my computer again.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

KJSEvans
Kobold

Post by KJSEvans »

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the skills, feats, and hinderances to include Cthulhu materials. I can't find a place to input skills anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Open up Lib:GM token by double clicking on it. Go to the properties tab and you'll find some properties labeled

SettingKnowledgeSkills
SettingEdges
SettingMinHind
SettingMajHind
SettingSkills

Add your setting specific information there. There is another one called Setting Lists but that is edited via a macro button and lets you enter custom lists into your campaign file.

KJSEvans
Kobold

Post by KJSEvans »

Thanks very much for the useful tip!

One more thing -- I might want to practice using the macro with somebody who is comfortable with it. Is there anybody with the time/inclination to do this?

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

You can test it yourself. Start on session of MapTool, load your campaign, then start the server.

Launch another session of MapTool and try to connect as a player. You can then test your macro as a player and see the results as a GM. I think this also catches a lot of connectivity issues (like port forwarding)

Radiating Gnome
Kobold

Post by Radiating Gnome »

I'm brand new to your SW framework -- starting up a Necessary Evil game after a few practice sessions of other SW settings. Maptools and your framework are going to be critical to the game's success -- I have a player who's mobility and manual dexterity are not up to handling minis and dice and cards -- being able to use the computer to do it is going to be huge.

I'm having a few little problems as I try to get used to the tools. Probably my biggest headache is that when the character sheet and initiative macro windows come up, they appear with their title bar hidden under the top menu -- the only way I can get the bar to appear is to use "restore window" which resets everything and is very aggravating. (I've attached a screen shot of the problem)

If it helps, I'm on a Mac. (OS 10.7.5) I'm running b87 of Maptools.

Any suggestions?
Attachments
Screenshot detail of the problem
Screenshot detail of the problem
Screenshot_6_11_13_7_38_PM.png (41.05 KiB) Viewed 6023 times

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Unfortunately I don't have a mac to test it on. The frames should dock to the edge of MapTool. You might try dragging it to the side to see if it docs there. Anyone else use the framework on Mac?

Radiating Gnome
Kobold

Post by Radiating Gnome »

It's very odd -- I closed the campaign (trying to figure something else out) and at the time, I had those panes docked -- when I restarted the campaign they're defaulting to docked now. So, I guess I'm okay now. On that one.

For some reason the "dice box" macro isn't working -- it can't find the "lib:play" token. I tried adding it, and could get the dice box to show up, but I'm getting errors on that now. "Undefined function: dbxOutputTo" - I'm guessing that functionality isn't complete yet.

-j

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Radiating Gnome wrote:It's very odd -- I closed the campaign (trying to figure something else out) and at the time, I had those panes docked -- when I restarted the campaign they're defaulting to docked now. So, I guess I'm okay now. On that one.

For some reason the "dice box" macro isn't working -- it can't find the "lib:play" token. I tried adding it, and could get the dice box to show up, but I'm getting errors on that now. "Undefined function: dbxOutputTo" - I'm guessing that functionality isn't complete yet.

-j
I think I took it out at shine punt due to synchronization issues. You should be able to find that under Drop In Resources on the forums. Maybe it's fixed now.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I found this concerning Mac and dockable frames. The problem is supposed to be fixed in build 89.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 96#p237386

Saalko
Kobold

Post by Saalko »

Does anyone have a "Rippers" Framework? Would be nice. otherwise I'll use this standard savage World campaign file. but campaign file with a Rippers look would be cool.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Someone did make a Rippers campaign file. I don't have time to look now but you might try searching this topic for Rippers to see if it turns up.

Saalko
Kobold

Post by Saalko »

Ah darnit. searched for rippers. but there was just a work in progress without a file. today I took a lil bit more timeand read te last posts.

it's the "gaslight" campaign file, if you search for a rippers campaign. Big thanks to you.

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

Just wanted to say thanks for this framework. New to Savage Worlds, running The Wild Hunt on Thursday, and this is, of course, a huge, huge help.

Return to “Savage Worlds Frameworks”