5e D&D Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 5e.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Zandel
Giant

Re: 5e D&D Framework

Post by Zandel »

So I love the framework, only problem is, I have a character who is a Gunsmith Artificer. Is it difficult to add a class?

Zandel
Giant

Post by Zandel »

Never mind, just put him in as a Bard and was able to fudge it just fine

hanexs
Kobold

Post by hanexs »

Just started getting used to maptools, figured out vision, and vision blocking and initiative. Now I am finding it hard to make new characters with this framework.

Is there some instructions on how to add new characters to this model?

hanexs
Kobold

Post by hanexs »

Are there instructions to make my party? I have the tokens, want to drag them onto the screen and then ensure they have the correct macros. How do I set there stats, level them ect. Is there an instruction book or video for this?

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

No we never made formal instruction videos, but all of the character creation stuff is automated through the "6. Character Management" macros in the campaign macros window.

UnFusion
Kobold

Post by UnFusion »

I picked up this framework recently and was trying to recreate the Unearthed Arcana subclasses for my players. I was going to create them myself, was first I wanted to see if anyone had already created them? If so, could you send me the relevant files?

pmofmalasia
Kobold

Post by pmofmalasia »

I've made some pretty significant updates to this framework, and I think I've gotten it to a point where it has all the features needed for the SRD content (minus specific magic items - there is support for picking the stats changed and attunement slots, but every item has not been put in individually as I don't have the time.) The changes I've made are as below, though I wasn't tracking them and there might be other minor ones. The biggest thing affected is spellcasting and streamlined leveling (no more having to impersonate a token and drag over macros!)

Link to the framework, as well as tokens for NPCs and summons: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

New Features:
  • Reworking of spellcasting and attack macros to support showing each individual die roll
  • Finished out level 5+ PC spell list with tooltips for every ability in the game
  • DM-only output for spells and many but not all (yet) NPC abilities
  • Automation of macro addition/notification of passive bonuses when leveling up and creating characters (NOTE: because of from what seems to me from what I've seen is a bug with MapTool itself with macro IDs, some macro additions override the old ones when added. From what I can tell this only affects the initial macros from the "Generic Hero" token, and any gained from other tokens seem to be fine. Barbarians are particularly prone to deleting old macros on leveling. If this happens, you can always impersonate the Generic Hero token and re-add those macros manually.)
  • Integration of passive abilities into areas where they would be relevant (checks, saves, attacks, etc.)
  • Integration of conditions (Poisoned, Restrained, Confused, etc.) into areas where they would be relevant
  • Addition of macros for Wild Shape and support for Elemental Shape
  • Added tokens for summons
  • Reworking of some monsters to have formatting in line with PC macros and DM-only output for abilities, with damage numbers shown to players. (have yet to finish, about halfway through)
  • Changes to the "new weapon" macro on NPCs to allow for weapons with more features (multiple damage types, non-physical damage, etc.)
Lots of features for spellcasting:
  • Support for spells with multiple damage die types
  • Support for spells that scale damage greater than one die per level
  • Centralized support for multitarget spells (e.g. Magic Missile, Scorching Ray). Eldritch Blast was excluded due being the only base missile cantrip anyway and having lots of special interactions.
  • Full support for effects like Magic Initiate that grant spells outside of their original class
  • Creation of ongoing effect macros for spells (e.g. placing an AoE damage over time)
  • Full support for effects like Spell Bombardment, Elemental Affinity, and Great Weapon Fighting that require seeing individual die rolls
  • Added free spellcasting macros for PCs and NPCs to make effects that don't burn spell slots easier to program
Also if you update BoT, I did make minor changes to aliasmaskattack and ability check. I believe they were mostly formatting changes, though.

Ocuzor
Kobold

Post by Ocuzor »

Love what you've done with the framework pmofmalasia. One question though why do all the spell attack rolls subtract the spell attack modifier instead of adding it. When I cast a spell that has an attack roll it'll show the roll and then the roll-Spell Attack Mod. From what I can see, there's no Spell attack macro and it's instead programmed into every individual spell so there's doesn't seem to be an easy fix without changing each individual spell macro. Would appreciate any help and once again great job on the framework.

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

I recently downloaded this and so far think I have my new favorite framework.

Just a heads up, in the onTokenMove library, in onCampaignLoad, you may want to change:

Code: Select all

[h:id = strfind(mtVersion, "\\d+\\.(.?)\\.(.*)")]
to

Code: Select all

[h:id	= strfind(mtVersion, "\\d+\\.(\\d+)\\.(.*)")]
I found Bag of Tricks has issues with the fact that the Maptool version is now double digits.

P.S.
I'm intrigued by what pmofmalasia is talking about. I'll look into that once I get the chance.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ah so thats the issue. someone else reported the issue with the bot, but was not sure what the exact cause was. now it is. i;ll fix that

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”