5e D&D Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 5e.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: 5e D&D Framework

Post by aliasmask »

Make sure the preferences on both machines are the same. Make sure Insert Smiles is unchecked, Use Tooltips for Inline Rolls is checked and supress tooltips for macrolinks is checked. It's probably the inline rolls option causing the problem.

Robethma
Kobold

Post by Robethma »

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help. I can't believe this program is free! Thanks again. I am sure i will have a lot more questions as i blunder my way through.

foxw
Kobold

Post by foxw »

Hey paul.

would it be possible to post a link or at least the last version of your great framework BEFORE you switched it to your NERPs version.

Sadly i just can't run your nerps version (it requires an 64bit os, which i don't have), and after an extended hiatus I've gotten my group together, and have been trying to rebuild my maptools system, which while i have our original campaign file, seems to be missing the framework data.

Anyways, been trying to get your latest to load, then noticed it needs your fork, which after a long process, realized it'll never run (my silly acer has a x64 proc but a x32 OS win 10 cuz acer can't be bothered updating drivers for x64)

again, IF you have a file from before the fork i'd appreciate it greatly as else i'd have to strip our campain down to nothing and then learn how to write all that great stuff myself (which obviously would take a LONG time as Java IS NOT a language i ever excelled at)

xwingmario
Kobold

Post by xwingmario »

Hi,
I'm running this framework in the latest Nerps maptool, and when I use the 'set door' macro in the bag of tricks to designate a token as a door, then use the toggle door macro on it, I get a stack overflow. Any idea why that might be?
Thanks

houseecaz
Kobold

Post by houseecaz »

[sentry-pool-1-thread-2] ERROR io.sentry.connection.AsyncConnection - An exception occurred while sending the event to Sentry.
io.sentry.connection.ConnectionException: {"error_name":"rate_limit","error":"Creation of this event was denied due to rate limiting"}

Not having much luck running the .jar version of Nerps

bobifle
Giant

Post by bobifle »

xwingmario wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:00 am
Hi,
I'm running this framework in the latest Nerps maptool, and when I use the 'set door' macro in the bag of tricks to designate a token as a door, then use the toggle door macro on it, I get a stack overflow. Any idea why that might be?
Thanks
I cannot reproduce it with this framework. What version did you use previously ? Nerps has a different way to set memory preferences, see below the settings, they are probably overkill but on modern computers this won't be an issue.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amfr5xYDSzo2iTX8-ShAKyQLNXwm

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Wait, nerps sets a 32M Stack size by default?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

bobifle
Giant

Post by bobifle »

Full Bleed wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:23 pm
It's just my settings. Theses settings are not intelligible to most ppl, I don't understand why MT ask the user for them. They should be set properly from the begining. I've set the stack to 32M, though I dont know what I'm doing. But it works.

I changed it following advices when I had an stack overflow. Actually the issue was with a macro.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

bobifle wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:25 pm
Full Bleed wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:23 pm
It's just my settings. Theses settings are not intelligible to most ppl, I don't understand why MT ask the user for them. They should be set properly from the begining. I've set the stack to 32M, though I dont know what I'm doing. But it works.

I changed it following advices when I had an stack overflow. Actually the issue was with a macro.
Ok... seeing things like that kind of mislead people into thinking a number like that might be normal or necessary. It's not.

Most frameworks will do just fine with a setting of 4-5.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

bobifle
Giant

Post by bobifle »

That was somehow my point. Why ask the user then ?

Anyway, I have 8 GB of ram and I didn't want to run into stack issues because of a low setting so I set it to 32 M, because I don't want most framwork to work as you said, I want all frameworks to run correctly, 'cause my time is more precious than 25 Mb of ram 8) . From now on everytime I have a stackoverflow, I know MT or the macro screwed up.

TheNusbaum
Kobold

Post by TheNusbaum »

Fairly noobish here, I cannot open the file. Tried in nerps and official maptools, latest releases

Maptools settings:
2048 mem
16 min
32 stack

ive tried opeing it as 5e.7z, ive repacked as a zip, tried to rename both to *.cmpgn files. no luck

maptools gives zipextension error in opening file
nerps gives stream error

any thoughts?

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

Try

2048 mem
64 min
4 stack
OOOHH RegEx....YOU BITTER-SWEET BEAST!!!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

TheNusbaum wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:19 am
ive tried opeing it as 5e.7z, ive repacked as a zip, tried to rename both to *.cmpgn files. no luck

maptools gives zipextension error in opening file
nerps gives stream error

any thoughts?
First, don't mess with the campaign file. Download it again, and just try to open it inside MT. Opening it and repackaging it can change its compatibility. Yes, the campaign file is a zip file... but there are minor differences in how zip files are packaged and some programs will create a package that's not compatible with MT.

Second, try the memory settings Sereptus mentioned above:

2048 mem
64 min
4 stack

bobifle
Giant

Post by bobifle »

For the record I used this file with both MT 1.4.1.8 and nerps 1.4.5.0, had no issue.

Conandy
Kobold

Post by Conandy »

I'm a total noob but trying to learn how to use Maptool in a bit more than basic functionality mode. I just want to manage combat minimally, using AC, HP, conditions, and lastly, initiative.

I have been using this Framework as a basis to build my own very very simple minimalistic version (I just use maptool for "at the table" map projection onto a TV).

What I cannot figure out is how to get to and re-use/re-program/learn from the stuff that is buried in Rumbles framework that was used as the basis for the initiative system. For instance, the Advance Turn macro calls the function: "rfw.advanceTurn()", but if I am building my own framework from scratch to keep it clean, my framework doesn't have that function available to call upon.

Should I assume that custom programmed functions like that require a higher level of programming skill, or is there a way to drill down to that code and re-use it? Or replicate it somehow differently?

Specifically, I love the overlay that tracks with which token has initiative. But I can't seem to replicate that on my own.

Thanks for any help.
Andrew Grover

“Evil isn’t the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it’s a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference.” - Harry Dresden

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”