DnD 5 - 743 Tokens with stat block, macros, spells

Framework(s) for D&D 5e.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

HighwayBlaster
Kobold

Re: DnD 5 - 743 Tokens with stat block, macros, spells

Post by HighwayBlaster »

I'm also using the latest version of Melek's Simple 5e Framework (I've also tried this using your demo5e campaign file)

I get the error Undefined function: css.main
(using version 1.7 of Maptool as well if that helps! )

All of these things are awesome btw (I've been using MT just as a basic map and token with vision blocking for my in person game. Would love to be able to implement this into my game fully however without being able to edit these monster tokens it only solves half the problem of running everything in MP

I've also been trying to get a pdf/d&d beyond monster importer macro working but I've only been playing with macro's for a week now and haven't been able to get the importers out there working for me. If anyone could help me with that I would be super grateful!!

bobifle
Giant

Post by bobifle »

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I ran into some bugs with the forum (thanks btw to Azhrei for the support).
A couple of things:

* it's best to contact me through the discord, my forum presence is ... well unreliable.

* I tried my tokens with maptool 1.7 and they seems to work. So my first bet would be that there's a bad interaction with Melek's framework. You'll have to check with him

* To also answer another question, the tokens are not designed to be editable (beside image and names). I've been successfuly using a token editor in the past, but it's not something I'm willing to support. I built this for maximum laziness 8)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

If you want to be notified if someone posts to a specific forum you can use the topic tools and subscribe to the topic.

realpetegamer
Kobold

Post by realpetegamer »

Hey so I don't know if this is intended but when I try to roll for the monsters, it doesn't show what they rolled for my players. (I'm using this with Melek's simple 5e along with maptool 1.7.0)

bobifle
Giant

Post by bobifle »

Yes, that is intended.

There may be a way to change that but as everything related to token properties, it's not trivial.

There's a hidden propertiy "otargets" on the lib::addon5e token. To be able to edit it, you need to add this property in "campaign properties". Once you've added it, it should be editable on the token as for any standard token property.

You're in the right path if the current value is "self", just change it to "all" and you should be good.

You can chek the "output" macro of the lib::addon5e token for details:

Code: Select all

targets - (default to all) A list or json of player names and/or groups who will see chatText.
      * all - all players (keywords are case sensitive) 
      * owner - anyone who owns the token. token must be valid and on current map
      * other - anyone who doesn't own token. token must be valid and on current map
      * gm - only gm players
      * -gm - anyone but the gm
      * self - only displayed to self
      * -self - display to all other players

Drapkin
Kobold

Post by Drapkin »

Thanks for a great app! It really makes the dungeoncrafting so much easier!

I wonder one thing though, my group and I would like to change how critical damage is calculated if possible. We use full dmgdie + weaponbonus for critical to get a little extra umpf, is there an easy way for me to change this?

Thanks in advance!

80083r
Kobold

Post by 80083r »

some of the macros on the library token don't work - specifically setup, I get this:

Unknown macro "Configure".
Error trace : Configure@Lib:Addon5e <<< macroLink

any ideas?

Jmr3366
Cave Troll

Post by Jmr3366 »

I shared this under Melek's but it probably fits here just as well:
Jmr's Monster Tokens - New Drop-in Monsters fully compatible with simple 5e and takehara dnd5e!
Rev 2.5 - Updated 2/19/2022
Over 470 top down tokens
Over 1150 normal tokens
All Traps, All Hazards, All Siege Objects, all monsters in all the books

These are drag and drop ready for Simple 5e.
For Rod's you must run the Convert2Takehara macro on Lib Monster_Maker.
Please run the Info macro on Lib Monster_Maker for more information.
Changelog is now on the notes tab of Lib Monster_Maker token within each map

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al6_vh5ZO29wbSFo2JY ... Y?e=B1OPKf

Changelog is now on a Monster Maker token within each map.
I don't come here all that often so you're better off posting questions on discord.
https://discord.gg/ZnAXnEKzxZ

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”