Rod's D&D 5e Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 5e.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

rpt-steve
Kobold

Re: Rod's D&D 5e Framework

Post by rpt-steve »

^^ Figured it out. My import JSON had capital letters in the keys.

KernelError
Kobold

Post by KernelError »

Hi, I just stumbled over your fantastic work and are trying to implement it into my campaign (starting from new but as I'm using the bag of tricks for many things, im trying to make a new campaign file with both. A few issues, but mainly, the lib:welcome and the lib:rules have owners set. Thats so the players can read them as well. But the BoT does not like that. Will it affect anything else (hidden in the framework) if I remove ownership? My players dont need those as I'm the guide for them in maptool.

Or better yet - does anyone have a campaign file with Rod's framework and BoT installed? I would very much appreciate it :)

youngbab
Kobold

Post by youngbab »

Hello again. I managed to fix/get past most of the issues I posted about earlier, but I'm experiencing some entirely different ones now. I'm using the 2.5 version, and following the 2.4.4 tutorial on creating custom classes and spells. I'm at the point where the templates are brought up, but when I try and find the menu they're supposed to be in they're not there in any form. On top of that, none of the buttons for the Lib:Character Creation selection menu work. Did things change or did I miss install, or maybe something else? Any help would be appreciated.

moonmilk
Kobold

Post by moonmilk »

KernelError wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:34 pm
Hi, I just stumbled over your fantastic work and are trying to implement it into my campaign (starting from new but as I'm using the bag of tricks for many things, im trying to make a new campaign file with both. A few issues, but mainly, the lib:welcome and the lib:rules have owners set. Thats so the players can read them as well. But the BoT does not like that. Will it affect anything else (hidden in the framework) if I remove ownership? My players dont need those as I'm the guide for them in maptool.

Or better yet - does anyone have a campaign file with Rod's framework and BoT installed? I would very much appreciate it :)
I think you shouldn't have a problem. I also get some BoT errors with lib:Welcome, lib:Rules and some other tokens but all seems to work fine.

Anyway, I recommend people join the Discord to get better support for the framework.

https://discord.gg/x5BGAbBBxR

edit: updated the expired Discord link
Last edited by moonmilk on Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

note that the bot only checks those things and warns you that some things *might* go wrong with macro on that lib if the owners are set. I cant recall under what circumstances that would happen and maybe that issue is long gone. Point is: that has little to do with the BoT, if that issue would occur, it would also occur if the bot is NOT installed, the bot just does the check.

youngbab
Kobold

Post by youngbab »

Does anyone have an active invite to the framework Discord? Thanks.

rtakehara
Cave Troll

Post by rtakehara »

youngbab wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:58 pm
  • I can't find any answer on how to choose who can see what Notebooks, or if it's even possible.
Notebook visibility is based on token ownership, if a player owns a token (including owned by everyone), they can see it, if they don´t, they can´t, the DM can see all Notebooks

rtakehara
Cave Troll

Post by rtakehara »

rpt-steve wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:46 pm

The PC Token can be moved around from map to map and everything still seems to work, but the Lib:TokenName token needs to stay on the map it was created upon (or possibly on the 01.Start map - that's the one I created it on anyway.) Moving the LIb:TokenName token to another map makes the PC Token throw errors instead of working. It's pretty common practice in MapTool to have a "Library map" with a bunch of "source" tokens you can copy/paste, so I guess that's what we're doing here. Create the character on the library map and then copy/paste the PC Token to the game map to play.

I'm still working on how to add new races/subclasses. I can shove them in the list in Settings, but that doesn't account for all the options pop ups that the built in SRD races/classes provide during character creation.
you got every thing pretty much right, you dont actually need to copy the PC token everywhere, if you open a character from the compendium, there will be a "Make Token" option that will automatically create one

to add automation for all the choices to the added classes, subclasses, races and backgrounds, its a bit complicated, in the "Lib:Compendium" there is a bunch of macros, for each class, subclass, race and background, there is where the automation works, you can use the templates also available there, or duplicate an already existing one that is similar, and customize from there, make backups and give it a try

rtakehara
Cave Troll

Post by rtakehara »

youngbab wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:42 pm
Hello again. I managed to fix/get past most of the issues I posted about earlier, but I'm experiencing some entirely different ones now. I'm using the 2.5 version, and following the 2.4.4 tutorial on creating custom classes and spells. I'm at the point where the templates are brought up, but when I try and find the menu they're supposed to be in they're not there in any form. On top of that, none of the buttons for the Lib:Character Creation selection menu work. Did things change or did I miss install, or maybe something else? Any help would be appreciated.
the templates moved to the Lib:Compendium token, the reason for that is to keep all the content for classes, subclasses, races and backgrounds in one place, instead of scattered around

rtakehara
Cave Troll

Post by rtakehara »

KernelError wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:34 pm

wolph42 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:50 am
note that the bot only checks those things and warns you that some things *might* go wrong with macro on that lib if the owners are set. I cant recall under what circumstances that would happen and maybe that issue is long gone. Point is: that has little to do with the BoT, if that issue would occur, it would also occur if the bot is NOT installed, the bot just does the check.
As @wolph42 mentioned, BoT just checks and reports something *might* go wrong, it is probably related to executing trusted macros, but will most likely work fine, just ignore it. You could also remove ownership if you don't want to see the warning, but players will also own their own characters, that are stored on Lib: tokens, so it's just easier to ignore.

Nebula3291
Kobold

Post by Nebula3291 »

I am unsure if I maybe missing something but in your post you said that all SRD classes races and backgrounds. I only see the basic races and one background. Did I miss something?

rpt-steve
Kobold

Post by rpt-steve »

Nebula3291 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:14 am
I am unsure if I maybe missing something but in your post you said that all SRD classes races and backgrounds. I only see the basic races and one background. Did I miss something?
Perhaps you are confusing the term "SRD" with "Core books"? The SRD is a subset of the core rules, given out for free by WotC. It does not include everything in the PHB, DMG and MM. For example, there is only one background in the SRD (Acolyte) and only basic classes and races sounds about right.

Unfortunately, Rod needs to keep it this way for legal reasons, to protect himself. If you want more material, you have to import it yourself. For what it's worth, I think Rod has done a fantastic job of making it (relatively) easy to import new material like this, but it does require some legwork on your part.

rtakehara
Cave Troll

Post by rtakehara »

rpt-steve wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:36 pm

Perhaps you are confusing the term "SRD" with "Core books"? The SRD is a subset of the core rules, given out for free by WotC. It does not include everything in the PHB, DMG and MM. For example, there is only one background in the SRD (Acolyte) and only basic classes and races sounds about right.
Precisely, also, you can find more free backgrounds and other stuff on the Basic Rules like Sage, Soldier and a few others, that are free, as well as some art, but they are not SRD so I can't reshare

Nikkor89
Kobold

Post by Nikkor89 »

Rtakehara I've a question or more like a request.

I've been adding macros for races and I've noticed a "problem".
some races get more resources when they level up; for exemple drows get to use Farie Fire at character level 3 and Darkness at level 5 (both one use until a long rest, so these are "resources"); tiefling, aasimar and others more or less have the same mechanics.
to make this automated I wanted to create a code to insert in one of the level up macros but I can't get it right.
I was thinking it would be something like this:

Code: Select all

[h:atr=getProperty("Total level (exemple)")]
[h:value=getStrProp(atr,"value")]

[h,switch(value),code:
case "3":
	[h:atr=getProperty("Race")]
	[h:value=getStrProp(atr,"value")]

[h,switch(value),code:
case "Drow":
{
[h:resourcesObj=getProperty("Resources")]
[h,if(json.type(resourcesObj)=="UNKNOWN"):resourcesObj="{}";""]

[h:resourcesObj=json.set(resourcesObj,"Fairie Fire",json.fromStrProp("value=0;total=1;reset=1"))]

[h:setProperty("Resources",resourcesObj)]
};
case "Tiefling":
{ (insert code for adding the resource, spell, etc...)}
]
I used this kind of code for the races alternate features and it works but I can't integrate it right in the level up.
Did you insert a token proprierty which contains the character total level? if so can you tell me it's name?

Another "request" would be to have the unarmed strike always present in the attack tab since I've found out my party really likes to brawl :shock:

Can you help me?

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”