FEATURE: Casting new light on MapTool

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: FEATURE: Casting new light on MapTool

Post by JamzTheMan »

It very well could be. Being a hobby project, one can never say for sure how long anything will take. It'll be done when it's done.

I do however have it "launching" currently but with lots of errors. There's so much to rip out and replace it's not funny. When I did TokenTool it took about a year (with sometimes 1-3 month breaks) but I ended up rewriting that from scratch and was a learning experience (learning FX UI components). We do have some new people getting involved though, so who knows. If more developers pick up some pieces it could be just months instead of months and months :D
-Jamz

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: FEATURE: Casting new light on MapTool

Post by Full Bleed »

JamzTheMan wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:09 pm
There's so much to rip out and replace it's not funny.
Yeah, during one of my game setups the other day I was looking at all the little things that MT (and, consequently, my framework) does and was thinking that doing a near complete rewrite (like you did for token tool) would be an extremely tall order if you were to maintain backward compatibility and the full current feature set. How much of the current macro code do you expect to be affected by 2.0?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool 1.4”