Pb with movement of token

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
Valium034
Kobold

Pb with movement of token

Post by Valium034 »

Hello (iam french),
Can i limit the movement of the token(player) as the number of his movement in properties's token ?
thank for you help.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Pb with movement of token

Post by aliasmask »

It is possible, but it is probably more complicated than you can handle. I'm not sure but wolph42 may have it built in to his "Bag of Tricks" (BoT). Maybe he'll speak up on the matter.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Valium034
Kobold

Post by Valium034 »

its to more difficult for me. I dont understand why this limit is not developed.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

It may sound like a simple thing, but it's more complicated than it appears.

I started to go through some examples, but it quickly became tedious. Lets just say implementation of a move limit will require extensive DM interaction and/or macroscript to handle the various rulesets which can be done as is right now.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Valium034 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 pm
its to more difficult for me. I dont understand why this limit is not developed.
This "simple" feature is another consequence of having a powerful macro script language in Maptool. There is no incentive for any developer to add this basic functionality into the core program because people can do it with macroscript.

Of course, it's not simple if you're not into coding or don't know the maptool scripting language. And even if you do, it can get complicated very quickly.

That said, I am attaching a very simple example campaign with some basic functions that will track movement.

Some things to understand:

1) This only counts movement if the token is the initiative panel (i.e. in combat.) Otherwise it ignores movement counting.
2) This only counts movement if the token uses a Property Type defined in onTokenMove (located in Lib:Setup). By default, it is set to only track the movement of a token with the token Property Type of "Character." If you add additional Property Types make sure that the tokens have two properties: Movement and MaxMovement.
3) If the token has the "FreeMove" state enabled, movement counting is ignored.
4) There is an example "Reset Movement" macro in the Campaign macro panel. But you can use the resetMovement() function to reset it from any macro.

Good luck!
Attachments
Move Count Sample Campaign.cmpgn
(56.36 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool 1.4”