The framework will be under the OGL by WotC and the Paizo Inc. Community Use Policy Applicable to Non-Commercial Activity.
Paizo Inc. Community Use Policy Applicable to Non-Commercial Activity
"This forum uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This forum is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Inc. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Inc. and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com."
A possible hangup is that WotC has taken down their server for distributing the OGL located at www.wizards.com/d20.
I need to get a distribution from them to be under their license (can't take it from a 3rd party). I will contact them very shortly about this, and I think I can get their co-operate -- at least I hope so. This is the only potential stopping issue I've got. I'll keep you all posted.
Being able to do it this way greatly simplifies my legal situation. I can't afford to get legal advise to clarify what the situation is in the case that they choose not to co-operation. I'm not a lawyer. It might be that fair use under copyright law provides some options, but I don't want to have to go there. What I have here uses very little of their intellectual property -- but encourages lots of people to buy and use it so I hope they see the benefit of supporting what I'm trying to do FOR FREE!
This project will be for managing a D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder 1e campaign in MapTool with features such as below, has been under nearly two years of development, and has been used by my group now for nearly the past two years:
- Party Treasure management
- Campaign management (view activity logs for each token so no more questions about how many spells or which spells were cast since last resting, how many arrows were used, how many charges were used, etc.)
- Campaign Time tracking (you'll now be able to deal with complex issues such as PCs crafting while the party moves on to further adventures)
- Automatic spell DC calculations
- Spell management (complete for both prepared and spontaneous spell casters)
- Easy to use interface
- Easy to understand macro layout
- Resource tracking (equipment, ranged attacks, spells, special abilities, money, etc.)
- New skills can be added by the GM (and they are automatically made available to all the tokens)
- Adjustments due to conditions or spells cast for abilities, size, movement, saving throws, energy resistance, AC, attacks, skills, light sources, etc. are automatically applied and can be enabled/disabled outright or based on whether their duration is rounds, minutes, or hours.
- Manage adjustments as reuseable templates for conditions, spells, and light sources.
- "Character Sheet" makes reviewing PCs and NPCs easy -- can be used in conjunction with WinMerge to do a text-based comparison for the old token's sheet versus the new token's sheet.
- "Player Token Editor.cmpgn" enables players to edit their tokens offline.
- Characters can give each other equipment items.
- Manage money.
- Resting automatically restores spells, hit points, daily use items and special abilities, expires adjustments with a temporary duration, etc.
- Import most PC and NPC details from Hero Lab(TM).
- And more ...
Hero Lab is a trademark of Lone Wolf Development.