Discussion

Discussion concerning Adventure Magic 1, 2, 3 ...'s campaign framework for Pathfinder 1E.

Moderators: adventuremagic123, dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
Discussion regarding Adventure Magic 1, 2, 3 ...'s framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
adventuremagic123
Cave Troll

Discussion

Post by adventuremagic123 »

The purpose of this thread is to provide a location to have a free for all discussion about this framework, it's short comings, things you like, etc. You can also ask me or other users questions. Is the framework too dated with all the more current technologies MapTool now supports? What do you think of the Hero Lab(R) integration? What about the user documentation as it is so far? Still confused on what to do? Have you used this framework to start your own project? How is it going?

adventuremagic123
Cave Troll

Re: Discussion

BTW, I have been delayed making more progress here. My father-in-law passed away a little over 2 weeks ago. We moved mom in with us. Lots of things to do.

adventuremagic123
Cave Troll

Thank you.

adventuremagic123
Cave Troll

An interesting turn of events ... After using it for a year, I've finally decided that Foundry VTT is not for me. I will watch it as it continues to develop -- but ever since my first contact with it in 6/2020 till now 7/25/2021 I've just found it to be frustratingly unstable. They have a very complex ecosystem with a huge number of developers contributing, but the problem is that lots of things I depend on keep breaking. To me it looks like most of Foundry VTT, game systems, and modules are implemented using JavaScript (Node.JS, or whatever). I'm very much not a fan of JavaScript. It doesn't offer the same protections as strongly typed languages -- and sometimes people layer things on top of it to try to get something reasonable but this is like building a foundation on sand!

This was never the case with MapTool. The features I use have always been stable since I starting using them around 12/2018. I've taken each MapTool version as it came out and never had any trouble till I stopped using it in 7/2020. I attribute this stability to the great care the MapTool developers have made to provide the community with a stable product AND that it's based on Java, making it easier to maintain.

Foundry VTT is just too unstable and annoying for my group -- so we are coming back to MapTool and I'm very excited!!!

This means I'll be refining my framework (game system) because my group will need the changes and it will be my contribution to the community.

Please support me in my quest to influence the MapTool developers to give us VBL/MBL that as lower and upper dimensions in feet (or whatever) that understands token elevation. If the token's elevation is under or over the VBL/MBL, then the token bypasses the VBL/MBL. Keep it that simple. That's enough for now. Don't worry how tall the token is, etc. Just use the one number, elevation. For example, a token might be 60 feet in the air, so he should be able to see over a wall 40 feet tall.

After all the blah, blah, ... above -- let me be more clear. I am back!!!

Return to “D&D 3.5 & PF1e Framework”