Where to start?

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

butscharoni
Kobold

Where to start?

Post by butscharoni »

Hi all,

I checked out Init Tool today and it looks really great and promising to me. After looking around here, it seems is does not get much attention, though and frankly, I can understand that. While it seems to be a great tool, there is essentially no documentation for it thus asking it nearly impossible to use! Now, if I would be playing D&D, i might figure out how to use the program, but since I don't, I would like to find out, how to adopt it to my system of choice, which would be rolemaster.

I noticed the Game Tool included in the download and it seems to be there to edit game files, so great start! But is also near impossible to understand. Also there seems to be some connection to Char Tool, but how exactly, I am not sure.

So maybe you can help me out here. What would I need to do, to create a new game file for Init tool? What tools would I need to use for this and where would I start?

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Where to start?

Post by jay »

The editor tool in the zip file isn't complete, and it hasn't been released. The only way to edit a game settings file is by hand. In the character tool forum there are a couple of threads that start with Adopters:. These describe how to edit the XML files by hand. You can start by editing one of the existing files and replacing it with your stuff. Start with the property/propertyDescriptorSet.xml file inside of a game settings file as it defines the properties available for a character.

Return to “InitiativeTool”