Start Encounter vs Next Round

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

jfrazierjr
Deity

Start Encounter vs Next Round

Post by jfrazierjr »

So, I was playing with InitTool, which I have not looked at in a long time. Anyway, one thing that has always stood out to me was that you can advance a round without actually starting the encounter... in this case, the round just goes down the list even if there are no initiative values present.

Just something odd that I was wondering about.

Oh.. one other thing... I though that at one point, we were able to edit the game system files via a UI. Was this in the previous "release" version and just not in the dev builds?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Start Encounter vs Next Round

Post by jay »

jfrazierjr wrote:So, I was playing with InitTool, which I have not looked at in a long time. Anyway, one thing that has always stood out to me was that you can advance a round without actually starting the encounter... in this case, the round just goes down the list even if there are no initiative values present.

Just something odd that I was wondering about.
That's just something that I never fixed. There wasn't any reason for it.
jfrazierjr wrote:Oh.. one other thing... I though that at one point, we were able to edit the game system files via a UI. Was this in the previous "release" version and just not in the dev builds?
The editor wasn't working all that well with all of the functionality I'd added. I had started working on it a little bit and had moved it to its own executable. Download the IT zip file and try running net.rptools.inittool.GameSettingsTool. Not sure of what's actually working and what isn't.

Return to “InitiativeTool”