Silly XML... pics are for kids

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

woodroy
Kobold

Silly XML... pics are for kids

Post by woodroy »

Ok... newbie question.

Init Tool is awesome so far, but I want to include some local jpg's for permanent tokens in the defaultMonsters.rpdat file. I have been placing NPCs in there and my complete OCD requires me to attach their pics. So, for each stat block, I have something like:

<itToken>file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Me/My Documents/Gaming/npcname.jpg</itToken>

Unfortunately, this is not allowing me to "Lookup" any monsters. Take this code out and I'm cool, but no personalized NPC pics. What to do, what to do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Roy

woodroy
Kobold

Post by woodroy »

Oh... and the filename and path are correct..

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Try this:

Code: Select all

<itToken>url:file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Me/My Documents/Gaming/npcname.jpg</itToken>
The itToken element can contain other types of images including inline and images on the Java classpath. It uses the url: to say that it is an image from the file system or net.

woodroy
Kobold

Post by woodroy »

jay wrote:Try this:

Code: Select all

<itToken>url:file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Me/My Documents/Gaming/npcname.jpg</itToken>
The itToken element can contain other types of images including inline and images on the Java classpath. It uses the url: to say that it is an image from the file system or net.

That worked... thanks.

Return to “InitiativeTool”