Microscopic text on small high resolution monitors

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Mr. Grogg
Kobold

Microscopic text on small high resolution monitors

Post by Mr. Grogg »

I just tried InitiativeTool for the first time, and found it was unusable on my system for a reason that I presume the other tools also are. I'm hoping there may be plans to address the problem: It doesn't respect the Windows 8 screen scaling setting, and as a result all the text (including titles and menus) is far, far, far too small to read on small high-resolution monitors.

I have a laptop whose screen is only 13", but whose native resolution is 3200x1800. At that resolution, I could probably use this tool on a large display. And I could use it on this display if I wanted to change the resolution settings each time I use the tool, but that's not something that should be necessary.

I really hope there are plans to fix this, as I've heard good things about your software and would love to be able to use it.

M

oneiros_alpha
Kobold

Re: Microscopic text on small high resolution monitors

Post by oneiros_alpha »

I'm having the same problem. I just installed Maptool on a laptop and I can barely read the menu bar. I tried clicking on the tinylaf file, but it didn't do anything. Is there something special I have to do to open it?

Return to “InitiativeTool”