Rolling for initiative each round

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Stumpy Joe
Kobold

Rolling for initiative each round

Post by Stumpy Joe »

Howdy doods! Been playin around with InitTool and found it has a lot of really great functionality. The only sticker for me is that my group rolls initiative at the beginning of each round. One of the great features I like about InitTool (I'm using 1.1.b6) is the Manual Initiative dialog box that pops up when you select Start Encounter from the Actions menu.

Is it possible to make it so I can access that dialog box every round, without having to start the encounter over again? Basically, letting me manually input initiative (or having it rolled automatically by leaving the input box blank for a particular combatant) each round? I see that this is a feature a lot of folks have asked about, and it looks like InitTool is already set up to do just that, but it only occurs at the beginning of the encounter. Is there a way to do this that I'm not seeing? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

PS: Running into a problem with Lookup as well. It was running fine just a few minutes ago--had no problem adding all kinds of doods from the database to the encounter. closed InitTool for a bit, and when I opened it again, the Lookup button is dimmed so I can't click it. Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the Lookup button remains unselectable...

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I'll add this support soon. Look for it in the next build or two.

Stumpy Joe
Kobold

Post by Stumpy Joe »

Sweet--that element is pretty much the only thing missing from this great tool. Thanks fer gettin back to me--looking forward to the next build!

beau_barnett
Kobold

has this feature been added yet?

Post by beau_barnett »

jay wrote:I'll add this support soon. Look for it in the next build or two.

Just wondering if this has been added yet.. couldnt seem to find it on the tool, or mention of it in documentation

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Yes it is. Is it not working?

beau_barnett
Kobold

Initiative Each Round

Post by beau_barnett »

Thanks for the reply

I probably need to RTFM a little bit closer...

:D

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Re: Rolling for initiative each round

Post by Xaelvaen »

Wow, this post hasn't been touched in a while. I'm wondering if I'm missing something myself then? I can't seem to find how to make the initiative tool roll for initiative every round (nor any user manual/documentation). Any updated information here?
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

It was implemented long ago, but I think it is set in the game settings file so is difficult to edit. You might check the Options/Preferences menu and see if it is there.

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

Yeah, I went through every option I could find to no avail, sadly. Its no big deal, I've made some macros for maptool's initiative tracker to roll on a round by round basis, it works well enough heh. Thanks for the reply.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

Return to “InitiativeTool”