Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Dark Thoughts
Giant

Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?

Post by Dark Thoughts »

I've just downloaded 1.3.b6 and tried it out to see if it fixed the problem of forgetting the mods that B2 was having. The good news is that it is remembering them as it should, but for some reason, it keeps giving me negative results on the initiative rolls.

Examples:

Mod Bonus = Result
+7 = 4
+3 = -1
+1 = -3

Any suggestions?

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?

Post by jay »

What game settings file are you using? Could you send me the group file you're having problems with?

Dark Thoughts
Giant

Post by Dark Thoughts »

I created a new group called "Supernatural" and started an encounter. Here are the results...

I'm guessing that Heather rolled an 11 and had her +4 mod added in for a total of 15.

I'm also guessing that Tom rolled a 4 and his +7 mod added in for a total of 11.

Now here, Sam has scored a 6 after his +6 mod was supposed to be added in.

And here, Shannon has scored a 5 after his +5 mod was supposed to be added in.

And here's another snapshot where Sam rolled a 2 for initiative after his +6 mod was supposed to be added in.

I can send you the group file if you like or anything else that might help with this. Just let me know.

Thanks for your help. :)

Dark Thoughts
Giant

Post by Dark Thoughts »

I've removed everything I could find relating to Initiative Tool off of my system and performed a clean install of 1.1.b2 since that was the one that worked best for me. I haven't gotten any negative results yet but it is obvious that the mods aren't being added in because the results I am getting are lower than the bonuses they are supposed to be receiving.

Any updates on your end?

Dark Thoughts
Giant

Post by Dark Thoughts »

Jay,
I sent you a PM almost 2 weeks ago and never got a reply. I don't know if you missed it or just don't have an answer as to why this is happening.

I recently updated my Java to the latest version and once again tried 1.3.b6 getting the same bogus results before deleting it.

Do you have any updates?

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Dark Thoughts,

Real life has been a taking most of Jays time. Lets see if we can get another developer in here to help answer your question?
--
Big Mac

wyrmwood
Dragon

Post by wyrmwood »

Dark Thoughts wrote:I've just downloaded 1.3.b6 and tried it out to see if it fixed the problem of forgetting the mods that B2 was having. The good news is that it is remembering them as it should, but for some reason, it keeps giving me negative results on the initiative rolls.

Examples:

Mod Bonus = Result
+7 = 4
+3 = -1
+1 = -3

Any suggestions?
I don't know if you got this worked out, but I use Init Tool and I only enter the modifier, so by default, everyone is -5 for Dexterity. I am using the default rules (3.5 I think). Perhaps some of that is inadvertently getting ported over to your custom rules set.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Big_Mac wrote: Real life has been a taking most of Jays time. Lets see if we can get another developer in here to help answer your question?
Unfortunately I don't have any context with the inittool codebase.

Seems like Jay has gone missing. If someone wants to pick up the baton, let me know.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Dark Thoughts
Giant

Post by Dark Thoughts »

wyrmwood wrote: I don't know if you got this worked out, but I use Init Tool and I only enter the modifier, so by default, everyone is -5 for Dexterity. I am using the default rules (3.5 I think). Perhaps some of that is inadvertently getting ported over to your custom rules set.
Apparently, that was actually the problem. After weeks of uninstalling and reinstalling various versions of IniTool, it was that simple $#!+ all along.

I never noticed IT making the -5 adjustment before though and I've been using it for several months. Is there a way to format it so it doesn't require full stats to roll accurate initiatives? Or is accepting that everything is -5 or adding an additional +5 to everyone's mod the easiest way to handle it?

Sorry to hear that Jay is MIA. Life has been kicking the crap out of everybody I know lately. Hopefully he can get his issues worked out.

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Dark Thoughts wrote:
wyrmwood wrote: I don't know if you got this worked out, but I use Init Tool and I only enter the modifier, so by default, everyone is -5 for Dexterity. I am using the default rules (3.5 I think). Perhaps some of that is inadvertently getting ported over to your custom rules set.
Apparently, that was actually the problem. After weeks of uninstalling and reinstalling various versions of IniTool, it was that simple $#!+ all along.

I never noticed IT making the -5 adjustment before though and I've been using it for several months. Is there a way to format it so it doesn't require full stats to roll accurate initiatives? Or is accepting that everything is -5 or adding an additional +5 to everyone's mod the easiest way to handle it?

Sorry to hear that Jay is MIA. Life has been kicking the crap out of everybody I know lately. Hopefully he can get his issues worked out.
Just set their Dex and all else will be fine.
--
Big Mac

wyrmwood
Dragon

Post by wyrmwood »

Big_Mac wrote:
Just set their Dex and all else will be fine.
Or set them all to 10 if you already have the mod calculated.

Return to “InitiativeTool”