MT 1.3b57 Progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Natha
Dragon

Re: MT 1.3b57 Progress

Post by Natha »

trevor wrote: I've got kid #4 due some time during the next week
Congrats !
4 ?
2 was (and still is) enough work for me ... so /respect to you, Trevor !
ImageImageImageImage

Suddry
Kobold

Post by Suddry »

I'll add a little to the derail...

Congrats on the upcoming arrival. You are braver folk than I. My balding has already been accelerated beyond my liking with only 2 children!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Congratulations!

Tip: Writing code does not make babies...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

lmarkus001 wrote:Congratulations!

Well, who knows? Maybe he likes the wife sitting on his lap while he writes code?

(Hmm, perhaps that was a bit much. :mrgreen:)

Congratulations, Trevor! Take whatever time you need -- we're not going anywhere. :)

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

So that's what I'm doing wrong . . . . .

Trevor, My father had 6, My brother had six and from what I have seen, I agree with all the above.

Good luck - 4 kids, you are a brave man (or a sucker for punishment).

Mind you, that is from someone who is about to start thinking about having his first (my wife is a little broody, my mother in law could define broody . . .)

I will take all of the advice above to heart - hey, we need a new sub forum, life guidance by maptool . . . .
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

Cweord wrote:

So that's what I'm doing wrong . . . . .

Trevor, My father had 6, My brother had six and from what I have seen, I agree with all the above.

Good luck - 4 kids, you are a brave man (or a sucker for punishment).

Mind you, that is from someone who is about to start thinking about having his first (my wife is a little broody, my mother in law could define broody . . .)

I will take all of the advice above to heart - hey, we need a new sub forum, life guidance by maptool . . . .
That's just asking for trouble! There's too many people like me who just might see it as an opportunity to spread some misery and pain.... :twisted: :evil:

I will say though, kids are worth the pain in many respects, but there are some days when I get woken up at 4:30 and I'm thinking, "whose idea was this again?". It's not that I love sleep, it's that I love being able to say, "it's now 1am, if I go to bed, I can squeeze in 5 hours of sleep before I have to drag my sorry butt to work". But when a kid gets up at 4:30am instead of 6:30am, it's kinda hard to be happy about it.

(Excuse me, I'm just feeling grouchy cause #3 got me up at 5:30 instead of 6....)
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Orchard wrote: Trevor, as the father of four, let me just tell you: the myth that it gets easier with each successive child is lie told by parents of many children so that others will suffer the same misery. An evil evil lie.
Unfortunately too late for a refund.

heh j/k, should be a good adventure !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

trevor wrote:
Orchard wrote: Trevor, as the father of four, let me just tell you: the myth that it gets easier with each successive child is lie told by parents of many children so that others will suffer the same misery. An evil evil lie.
Unfortunately too late for a refund.

heh j/k, should be a good adventure !
Just a couple notes: I've never found ANYONE that was able to return their child for a refund. No matter how much it seems like a good idea sometimes.

Secondly, the post I am quoting lists trevor's post count as 10999. 11000 already! Wasn't that long ago that he hit #10,000.

Enjoy, and good luck with the newborn. Here's hoping all is healthy and happy!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Orchard wrote: Secondly, the post I am quoting lists trevor's post count as 10999. 11000 already! Wasn't that long ago that he hit #10,000.
Whoah, so this is post 11000 ? Yikes, I hadn't even noticed, that was a good catch ! I hadn't thought it had been that long since either.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Orchard wrote:Secondly, the post I am quoting lists trevor's post count as 10999. 11000 already! Wasn't that long ago that he hit #10,000.
The sad thing is (sad for us, probably good for his married life) that his daily post count in the past 6-9 months has dropped by a huge amount... not long before his 10000th post, it was in the ~10.5 posts per day... now, its just a measly 8.96.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

trevor

Post by trevor »

jfrazierjr wrote:not long before his 10000th post, it was in the ~10.5 posts per day... now, its just a measly 8.96.
yikes, I will now hang my head in shame.

:) :)

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

trevor wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:not long before his 10000th post, it was in the ~10.5 posts per day... now, its just a measly 8.96.
yikes, I will now hang my head in shame.

:) :)

And yet, I somehow suspect that your wife isn't at all unhappy about this state of affairs...

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Congratz trevor! We decided to stopped at two, but we sometimes wonder what it would have been like to have another one or two.

Sadly I think we may have to live with your posts per day dropping to a mere 5 or 6 a day for a while, as your new one steals your sleep. :lol:
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

Ooooh!

Little ones!

Well, that´s certainly worth a slowdown :)

Conratulations on the pregnancy and here's hoping all go as planned when the little runt decides to make an appearance! :D
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

To continue with the derailment. 4 is Fun and a lot of work. Trevor the main thing I found with 4 is that energy and time get reduced sharply. Plus you have 4 kinda close together. I have 2, 2 year apart then 4 years and 2 more. Not easier just planned that way.

Congrats and good luck.
--
Big Mac

Return to “Developer Notes”