4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

PinkRose
Dragon

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by PinkRose »

Feature Request:
Can we get a copy item option?
Because I would love to make a dagger on an "Equipment NPC" and then be able to hand it out to every PC that has a dagger.
As it is now, once I give it away, it's gone from the first.
I am a special snowflake!

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:Feature Request:
Can we get a copy item option?
Because I would love to make a dagger on an "Equipment NPC" and then be able to hand it out to every PC that has a dagger.
As it is now, once I give it away, it's gone from the first.
I need to get better documentation...

Only PC type tokens loose items when they give it away. NPC token types copy when they give.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

So if I change my token to NPC first, I can "copy" it?
Very cool. Hadn't tried that.
And I really should have read back when you implemented that.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Code: Select all

Unknown JSON type in function json.get
That's the error I get when...
1. The token is a PC.
2. I am looking at the PC character sheet.
3. I open the "Consumables" subpage.
4. I click the token on the character sheet to switch the sheet from PC to NPC.

If the Consumables subpage is closed, you can switch between sheet types all day long, but if it is open you can't switch to the NPC sheet.
If you are looking at the NPC sheet and try to open the Consumables subpage, you get the same error. Then I switch the sheet from NPC to PC and the Consumable subpage is open.

Waneta
Giant

Post by Waneta »

Awesome framework, but I do have a couple comments/questions.

Do you want to keep whether a token is a character or monster separate from whether its set as a PC or NPC? If so, you use isPC() or isNPC() several times to decide whether to show the monster or character dialogs, and that can lead to the wrong dialogue for a sheet. In fact, in your example campaign Mugen is set as an NPC and therefore shows some of the same dialogues as the orcs. If you want PC and character, and NPC and monster to be linked you probably want to toggle whenever the sheet is changed from one to the other.

How would you feel about a monster stat entry dialogue redesign? There are a few things which are confusing. Why do I have to do all this backwards math for initiative, skills, and abilities? I don't see any reason to not just have one box where you type in what's on the monster's stat block and you're done. Also, the layout is confusing. I had to go digging into the macro code to find out that to set the monster's Initiative I have to click on Speed. They have no relationship in my mind, and they're not next to each other on the sheet. I think it would be a good idea to combine several of the inputs, and organize them to be in the same general configuration they are on the monster's stat block in the MM.

I changed it so that an extended rest removes the death state. I see no real reason not to, and otherwise the only way to raise someone from the dead is to remove it manually which could lead to people removing all states (including Character), which would be a big no-no!
How am I going to stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind?

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:

Code: Select all

Unknown JSON type in function json.get
That's the error I get when...
1. The token is a PC.
2. I am looking at the PC character sheet.
3. I open the "Consumables" subpage.
4. I click the token on the character sheet to switch the sheet from PC to NPC.
I thought I fixed that problem.. may not have. I'll definately get it fixed, it just might have to wait a bit longer. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance and might be able to put out a temp patch.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Waneta wrote:Awesome framework, but I do have a couple comments/questions.
Don't really have the time atm to reply point by point... I'm working on a big redesign of the way inputing things work. I now can get the frame itself to toggle between display and input. It'll be based on the PC style sheet, since that has the best attribute/skill/info layout and then revert back to which ever style of sheet was previously selected.

I'm also working on providing more flexibility when it comes to management of things like healing surges, dying, and so on. Also better management of the auto-calculation stuff so I can allow for magic items and weapons to add to defenses if need be. And I'm trying to rework the power entry to make it easier to input powers and provide flexibility for what gets output.

Oh, and the sheet is toggleable between the two types. It defaults to autodetecting based on token type, but if you click the portrait it stops that and switches between the two styles. Yes, it's not intuitive and undocumented (I think it is like back on page 20 or something...), but I put it in.

Yes, I'm aware it's not perfect and is down right hideous in some areas.

Waneta
Giant

Post by Waneta »

Hmm, if you're going to redesign the inputs that would be nice. I was going to try it out myself but it would be a waste if you're going to do it. I might be misunderstanding, but it sounds like you're talking about having the same input sheet for both characters and monsters? If so I would suggest against that since I think that would make monster creation way more complicated than it needs to be. I don't want to worry about how much my AC gets from my abilities, armor, shields, level, etc when creating a goblin warrior. All I want to do is put in the AC of X that it says in the stat block.

I wasn't very clear on the PC/NPC thing. By PC/NPC I'm referring to which is shown in the drop down box in the upper right of the Edit Token screen, and by character/monster I'm referring to which type of character sheet the framework is currently using for a token. I realize you can switch between being a monster and character by clicking on the token image on the sheet. However, since it doesn't switch between being a PC and NPC at the same time, you may end up with a monster PC or a character NPC. I can see where that can come in handy. However, some macros such as SpeedDialog determine which dialog to show by asking isNPC() or isPC(). So monster PCs will bring up the dialog for characters, and character NPCs will call up the dialog for monsters. Not a big deal especially if you're redesigning those dialogs, but something to keep in mind. Perhaps if you instead had two states, Character and Monster, you could refer to those instead of isPC() or isNPC().

One thing that came up last night, a player said it would be nice if he could have separate frames for his Main sheet and his Power sheet. He didn't like having to keep switching between the two when he wanted to use a power and when he needed to adjust his hp. Maybe just have a link on the power sheet to pop up a new frame for them.
How am I going to stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind?

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

DeviantNull, looking at things, there is a SubPage that comes up when that previous error comes up called Consume and I think that's the problem.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Is there a way (in the current framework) to use a variable in a power ?
Like let's say the damage on first attack is 1d6 + Wisdom modifier + 1 + Charisma modifier.
Can I put in the first entry : 1d6
Second entry (ability) : choose Wisdom from the list
Third entry (bonus) : 1+[CHA] or something like that ?
ImageImageImageImage

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Nope. There is not.
I believe this was one of the things that DN was working on fixing with his new redesign.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Hey DN, any chance of getting a quick fix for the consumables problem.
I found something else wrong with consumables, Property does not show up in the Info window.

Mortani
Giant

Post by Mortani »

Natha wrote:Is there a way (in the current framework) to use a variable in a power ?
Like let's say the damage on first attack is 1d6 + Wisdom modifier + 1 + Charisma modifier.
Can I put in the first entry : 1d6
Second entry (ability) : choose Wisdom from the list
Third entry (bonus) : 1+[CHA] or something like that ?

You can use =(STR), and the like in certain description fields. It's buried somewhere back in this thread.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Thank you !
That'll do it for now
ImageImageImageImage

Neotyguy40
Cave Troll

Post by Neotyguy40 »

Is it possible to make another map for the campaign file?

Whenever I try, none of the tokens let me use any of the macros, like the character sheet.

It works on the normal map, but not when I try to make a new map... And yes, I added the Lib tokens to it...

Any help?

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”