[Hero 5th ED] brad's Hero5thMacros.cmpgn

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
brad
Great Wyrm

Re: Hero 5th ED macro set, brad's

Post by brad »

Tutorials are up. I went through everything quick, so ask any questions.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Looks like there are a couple quirks with Entangle yet. I will get those ironed out first.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Updated campaign file. Entangle issues fixed. Works as it should, though doesn't yet support hardened entangles. I think putting in the hardening option will be easier then I thought. Also turning the Entangle on and off in the Defense Activation macro, now turns the Entangled state on and off and the Entangled tracker in the Combat Sheet.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Updated campaign file. To update any existing tokens this update will require an import of the campaign file as well as the usual replacement of the lib:gm token. A token property was added.

ECV is now properly supported.

The OCV_DCV_mods macro now covers everything it should in a more organized fashion. It allows you to modify any modifiers to OCV/DCV/ECV manually if you should need to. This is also where you would put in your 5 point DCV levels.

I deleted the Attack_Generic. It was took much work to use. It would be easier to just roll 3d6 on the die roller, do the math in your head, and subtract any endurance or charge costs manually.

I added the Perception_Roll macro.

Now onto the character sheet!

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

So, I took a peak at macros creating macro buttons. And while it looked like a lot of work to have all of you powers created that way, it looked really easy to create shortcuts to an existing list of powers. And it was. So, the campaign file is updated.

Power Short Cut Buttons are now added.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Jay's patch in b57 has worked perfectly. The timers now work. The flash is also now totally automated. The flash and timers' count downs are not yet in the character sheet, but they will be when I get to the character sheet. I think I will do custom maneuvers before I attack the character sheet. I did have to add a new macro as I didn't have a place holder for a macro to manually change the timers or transform counter. Also currently the transform does not have a "all or nothing" choice. That will get added shortly.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Campaign file updated. Custom maneuvers added. Meaning you can build martial art maneuvers and then just choose them from a drop down list if you want when attacking.

Now I can get to what I have been looking forward to, the character sheet.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Updated campaign file

Characterist part of the character sheet with all of the links added. Now all characteristic rolls and mods can be done through there.

keithcurtis
Giant

Post by keithcurtis »

I am unable to load the latest campaign file, or the one before it. Maptool doesn't hang or anything, it just refuses to load. I'm still on b56, could that be the reason?

keithcurtis
Giant

Post by keithcurtis »

Never mind, I upgraded with the new and improved webstart for b57 and it loads just fine. I'll let you know if I find any problems.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Thanks Keith!

Something that I would like feedback from people on is how to handle Post Segment 12 Recovery. Currently the Recovery button follows the rules for "Taking a Recovery". Meaning you get a recovery to your stun/end and your DCV gets cut in half. That won't work for post segment 12. I thought about making a separate button, but with 2 recovery buttons I could see people hitting the wrong one all the time. I could put a Radio button in the current recovery macro so people would choose one or the other, but then that is a second step for something that should be simple. Another option would be that I think I could automate it with the Initiative Panel(I am not 100% that it is possible, but I think I can). That sounded great at first, but then I thought do we want a function that forces a post segment 12 recovery on every token on the map, once everyone have left phase 12, and the possible lag that might happen if there are a lot of tokens on the map.

Thoughts? Ideas?

keithcurtis
Giant

Post by keithcurtis »

In my Filemaker set-up, I have a button for "Recover One" and "Recover All". The first recovers the selected character, the second gives a recovery to the whole board.
I also have "Re-set One" and "Reset All", which bring stun and body totals to full. Actually, there's a toggle for the body. This would be of use between encounters, when everyone has a chance to get better. Of course, Recovering All 3 or 4 times should do the same.

I also have a toggle for agents, as to whether they should recover or not.

Could "Recovery" be a token macro, and "Recover All" be a campaign macro? I don't remember the set-up off-hand and Maptool isn't up.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

I bet there is a way to include a macro in the tokens that only the gm can activate and that recovers for everyone. That might work the best. I want to keep the macros only in the tokens. Just one less thing to think about when setting up and running a campaign.

keithcurtis
Giant

Post by keithcurtis »

brad wrote:I want to keep the macros only in the tokens.
Wouldn't that be a pain if you needed to correct a bug? Wouldn't you need to update each and every token?

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

keithcurtis wrote:
brad wrote:I want to keep the macros only in the tokens.
Wouldn't that be a pain if you needed to correct a bug? Wouldn't you need to update each and every token?
No. The way I have things set up now is that the macro buttons only point to macros in the lib:gm token. So, any updates to macros are done in the lib:gm. To update macros all you have to do is replace the lib:gm token in any existing campaign files and just use the new lib:gm in new campaign files. That is why I didn't want to have to add any new macro buttons. I had thought ahead and put in blank macro buttons for the last couple features that would need them. The post segment 12 thing I missed because I had thought I could automate it or combine it with the other Recovery macro. I think I will need to add a new button though.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”