All zeros instead of text?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
pjstoneson
Kobold

All zeros instead of text?

Post by pjstoneson »

Perhaps a common problem, but zero is too common a term when I try to search the forums. When I run the program, anywhere I'm supposed to see text (menus, buttons, etc) show up as all zeros.

Java versions installed:

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4
Java SE Runtime Environment 6

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

maddog
Cave Troll

Re: All zeros instead of text?

Post by maddog »

pjstoneson wrote:Perhaps a common problem, but zero is too common a term when I try to search the forums. When I run the program, anywhere I'm supposed to see text (menus, buttons, etc) show up as all zeros.

Java versions installed:

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4
Java SE Runtime Environment 6

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
It's dangerous to reply when I really have no idea, but perhaps a font problem?

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Are they zeroes or are they square boxes? If the latter, I'd agree it's a font problem. If it's not you'll have to wait for someone that actually knows what they're talking about. :)

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

One thing you might try is getting the zip file for MT, and going into the subfolder "lib" and running the file called "tinylaf-1.3.04.jar".

This lets you change, among other things, the font settings for MT. Run MT using the .jar or .bat files in that folder, and the settings from tinylaf should be applied.

I say this because it sounds like MT is trying to use a font your computer isn't recognizing. Try other fonts until you get one it does.
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

Return to “MapTool”