Hero 6E Macros

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

brad
Great Wyrm

Re: Hero 6E Macros

Post by brad »

I just added the shortcut buttons. It turns out it is really easy to just create shortcut buttons to an existing list. The 5th ed campaign file is updated if you want to have a look.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

Just an update:

I will have another updated base 6E Hero campaign file this weekend. corrected some math problems and added some functionality... Attack macros now support called shots, and calculate damage based on hit location (this addition came from Nolgroth in the Hero boards). I have also added a macro to make luck rolls, a Hero explosion macro, and I am working on a new autofire macro.

Once I have that working I am going to start "porting" the macro code to a centralized lib token and make the macros call one central code block, instead of re-inventing the wheel each time a new token is added.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

The only problem I am having with the attack macro is adding Autofire as an option. Every thing I do kicks back an error. I know it can be done. I just don't know how the darn thing can be done.

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

We are getting close to the next update. The Autofire macro that Nolgroth has created ROCKS, and I have mdodified my explosion macro with 6E changes. We have only a couple of bugs to track down and it will be rady to upload.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Hey guys! Just making sure you notice the new output options in b58. "[g:]" is one of them. Only sends the output to the gm. So, combining a simple if() function with the isNPC() function and all of our former problems of needing a separate generic PC and NPC token, because of the question of what the PC's should see of the NPCs output, suddenly disappear.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Something that I have just started implementing that you guys may find useful in both saving space in the chat window and dealing with what parts of an NPC roll that you want the PCs to see. I made token property called "extra". Then through a macro, whether and attack, skill, or whatever, I dump in all the excess information.

So, a skill only prints out "Sam's Acrobatic roll succeeded"(and if he might have botched or got a critical success). The has to be a little more for an attack roll, but you get the idea. All the extra information like the exact roll, any modifiers typed in, what the actual number of damage dice ended up being, and so forth are dumped into the "extra" property. At the end of each macro is printed a link that calls up a dialog() with the "extra" information in it. It is a dialog() so it doesn't eat up space in the chat window. It calls up the "extra" in the token that you have selected, so players couldn't see the extra information for NPC's as they can't select them.

I think it works great all around. I have just started putting it into my Attack Powers macro if you want to see the work in progress.

keithcurtis
Giant

Post by keithcurtis »

brad wrote:Something that I have just started implementing that you guys may find useful in both saving space in the chat window and dealing with what parts of an NPC roll that you want the PCs to see. I made token property called "extra". Then through a macro, whether and attack, skill, or whatever, I dump in all the excess information.

So, a skill only prints out "Sam's Acrobatic roll succeeded"(and if he might have botched or got a critical success). The has to be a little more for an attack roll, but you get the idea. All the extra information like the exact roll, any modifiers typed in, what the actual number of damage dice ended up being, and so forth are dumped into the "extra" property. At the end of each macro is printed a link that calls up a dialog() with the "extra" information in it. It is a dialog() so it doesn't eat up space in the chat window. It calls up the "extra" in the token that you have selected, so players couldn't see the extra information for NPC's as they can't select them.

I think it works great all around. I have just started putting it into my Attack Powers macro if you want to see the work in progress.
Cool.
You could make yourself a sweet little action log, by having whatever routine puts something into "Extra", append the previous contents into a log field. This is what my Filemaker engine does. I use the log as the basis for writing up PbP combat.

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

Very cool! I will definately use this to tweak some of macros...

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

keithcurtis wrote: Cool.
You could make yourself a sweet little action log, by having whatever routine puts something into "Extra", append the previous contents into a log field. This is what my Filemaker engine does. I use the log as the basis for writing up PbP combat.
That would be a cool next step or option. Right now it clears out the field at the beginning of each new that is run for that token. It is more for the folks that want to check the math and other more specific stuff. This way I can give them that without cluttering up the chat window. One of my players in particular likes to double check maptool's math. He doesn't like not seeing the dice roll.

JohnBird
Kobold

Post by JohnBird »

I have to say thanks guys for all the work you have already done for bringing a Hero rule set to a Virtual Tabletop, especially Brad who it appears has started the ball rolling with his 5e version.

I have just downloaded both campaign sets. I will see if I can make any sense of the syntax...

Return to “User Creations”