MapTool 1.3 Devlopment Build 59

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Devlopment Build 59

Post by Hawke »

I have two token properties AC and FinalAC...

AC = 10
final_AC = [IF(isNPC()), CODE:{[g: AC]};{[r: AC]}]

final_AC has a * next to it on the token property sheet (so it shows up in the statsheet). The behavior I'm seeing only occurs in the statsheet - it seems like it works correctly if I impersonate the token and input it into the chat.

Edit: did more testing, it appears when the token is a PC it shows up correctly as 10... only when it's an NPC does it result in that "g AC=10 10" result. If I create a similar statement but instead of using rolls simply output NPC or PC it seems to work fine.

Edit2: I tried adding r to the roll [r,g: AC] and now it reads (to players included) as "g,r 10"

Mr. Pokeylope
Giant

Post by Mr. Pokeylope »

Yeah, the new options aren't supported in the statsheet. At some point I may evaluate the possibility of changing that, but for now they won't work.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Mr. Pokeylope wrote:Yeah, the new options aren't supported in the statsheet. At some point I may evaluate the possibility of changing that, but for now they won't work.
Bummer! I've been looking for a way to selectively display token properties to only the GM as well as allowing the players to see each other's (without giving them ownership of each other's tokens). This looks like it'll work if we can get that g option to work in the statsheet.

Anybody else have more experience with the statsheet code that could take a look at the possibility of adding support?

Thanks for the new options, the gt will be great. It'll let me make sure my tokens are rolling correctly w/o having the let the players in on my secrets.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Hawke wrote:Bummer! I've been looking for a way to selectively display token properties to only the GM as well as allowing the players to see each other's (without giving them ownership of each other's tokens).
I've never tried it, could you have display properties of the form [r,if(isGM()): ]?
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

RicoTheBold
Kobold

Post by RicoTheBold »

Hawke wrote:
Mr. Pokeylope wrote:Yeah, the new options aren't supported in the statsheet. At some point I may evaluate the possibility of changing that, but for now they won't work.
Bummer! I've been looking for a way to selectively display token properties to only the GM as well as allowing the players to see each other's (without giving them ownership of each other's tokens). This looks like it'll work if we can get that g option to work in the statsheet.

Anybody else have more experience with the statsheet code that could take a look at the possibility of adding support?

Thanks for the new options, the gt will be great. It'll let me make sure my tokens are rolling correctly w/o having the let the players in on my secrets.
Have you considered setting up separate (duplicate) properties for NPCs and PCs, and just changing what is viewable on the statsheet for each? This was my solution to that dilemma, and it works great. Since the only difference between the "PC" set and the "NPC set" are the various *@# bits, all the macros and such still work fine.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Hawke wrote:

You don't need the [g:] option to do this.
Since the stat sheet displays the results of the macro you can do

Code: Select all

[IF(isGM()), code: {
  [r: AC]
} ; {
   [if(isPC()): AC : "" ]
}]
You can also put create a user defined macro and call it dispStat(), then you could do things like
[r: dispStat(AC)]
[r: dispStat(HP)]
In the respective stat sheet fields

simonutp
Giant

Post by simonutp »

The tokens saved in 1.3b56 are still loosing their size when dragged in a 1.3b59 campaign! (see here)

Am I alone to have this little nuisance?

I tried to use only 1.3b59 : create a new token from a simple image and gave it size Huge then saved to a rptok file. When I drag back the rptok, the size is reverted to medium!

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Yeah, I'm seeing the same behavior, Simon.

DrPenguin
Kobold

Post by DrPenguin »

Couple of things and thoughts:

* add the start command to the start of the batch file commands to kill off the CMD window that is spawned (if you run them from windows explorer/a shortcut) when Maptool starts, thus:

start javaw -Xmx1024M -Xss512K -jar maptool-*.jar run

* Remember to remove your old v58 JAR file from the directory or it will keep running that in preference to your new v59. :oops:

* I can't reliably reproduce it yet, but occasionally when I change the Pen Width and immediately draw a line I'll either get: a line drawn at the old width, which stays; or a line drawn at the old width which subsequently then changes to the new width.

Other than that, it's been pretty bombproof for me :D
~Half Man Half Vodka~

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Craig wrote:

Code: Select all

[IF(isGM()), code: {
  [r: AC]
} ; {
   [if(isPC()): AC : "" ]
}]
Interesting! I never considered that as an option because I wasn't thinking the isGM/isPlayer would function in the statsheet for those viewing it. I'll have to try this when I get home... don't know why I didn't consider it before. Thanks!

Goonalan
Giant

Post by Goonalan »

dorpond wrote:
Goonalan wrote: Er... What does any of this mean? What's an MT batch file, where do I find it, how do I edit it?
Sorry, my bad. Sometimes I just assume everyone knows what I know. :oops:

1- Download the zip version of Maptool
2- After you unzip it, go into the folder and edit the 'Launch MapTool-512M-Memory.bat' file.
3- Make it this instead:
javaw -Xmx512M -Xss512K -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar maptool-*.jar run
4- Save the file and double click on the bat file to launch Maptool.

Tell me if it does anything for you.
Nope. It does exactly the same thing, see image.

Cheers PR
Read the Friday Knights Storyhour at http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 38&start=0 now with added pictures, the 4e related adventures and shenanigans of a bunch of ne'erdowells playing via Maptools.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Goonalan wrote: Nope. It does exactly the same thing, see image.
How about 1.3b58 ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Goonalan
Giant

Post by Goonalan »

trevor wrote:Goonalan, another thing to try is to run 1.3b58, right now, and see if that works.

If it does, then it's possibly the docking jars that were updated in b59
Nope exactly the same deal, just sits there, see previous pictures only with 1.3b58 instead of 1.3b59 on the screen not doing anything. LOL.

I don't mind clearing down everything if I can get this working again.

Cheers Paul
Read the Friday Knights Storyhour at http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 38&start=0 now with added pictures, the 4e related adventures and shenanigans of a bunch of ne'erdowells playing via Maptools.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

OK, so it isn't the new java jars, which puts the issue squarely on the drivers.

Try turning Aero off, see if that helps
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

I agree, it has to be his video drivers. I am also running Vista with an NVidea card.

I wonder is it could be his stack size or Mem allocation. I am using the windows launcher and have my Mem set to 1024 (1 Gig), and my stack set to 2.

For me this build works fine. I have to test sme macro code but I am sure it will all be good. Our Hero group will be testing b59 live this Wednesday evening and I will report back.

Return to “Announcements”