Then I'll leave it as is...

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

gamerprinter
Giant

Then I'll leave it as is...

Post by gamerprinter »

Argh - CL remove this thread please.

I have this problem whenever I'm responding to a post in a thread, that I'm subscribed to, when I respond directly, instead of placing the post at the bottom of an existing thread, it creates a new thread - which is not my intention.

I guess I haven't figured out how to use this forum correctly.

GP
Gamer Printshop
World's first RPG Map Print-on-Demand service, we print maps for gamers and game masters!

http://www.gamer-printshop.com

Big_Mac
Dragon

Re: Then I'll leave it as is...

Post by Big_Mac »

gamerprinter wrote:Argh - CL remove this thread please.

I have this problem whenever I'm responding to a post in a thread, that I'm subscribed to, when I respond directly, instead of placing the post at the bottom of an existing thread, it creates a new thread - which is not my intention.

I guess I haven't figured out how to use this forum correctly.

GP

Use the quote button to the right or the Post Reply on the Left right next to New Topic on the Far left.
--
Big Mac

gamerprinter
Giant

Post by gamerprinter »

I know how to normally use the forum in posting responses. The problem in the thread, occurs when I click the link from an Email notification that a response to my thread is made, only then, when I post a response, does it create a new thread. This doesn't happen when I visit the forums directly to make a response. Don't know if that's a bug, or if its me.

When I respond to an Email notification with link to the forum - it only says submit at the bottom. There is no "quote, new reply or new thread" there's only submit - so I assume its going to post a reply to the existing thread, but instead it starts a new thread... that's my issue.

GP
Gamer Printshop
World's first RPG Map Print-on-Demand service, we print maps for gamers and game masters!

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

gamerprinter wrote:I know how to normally use the forum in posting responses. The problem in the thread, occurs when I click the link from an Email notification that a response to my thread is made, only then, when I post a response, does it create a new thread. This doesn't happen when I visit the forums directly to make a response. Don't know if that's a bug, or if its me.

When I respond to an Email notification with link to the forum - it only says submit at the bottom. There is no "quote, new reply or new thread" there's only submit - so I assume its going to post a reply to the existing thread, but instead it starts a new thread... that's my issue.

GP
It does this on the other phpBB3 boards I've been to, I think itz a bug... and we iz all outz of raid.
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I just subscribed to this thread, so when the next post occurs I'll look into this.

I'm using the "prosilver" theme, but if it seems to work fine there, I'll try the other theme...

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

I hope we can find some raid.

IMarv

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Here's what I see. First my prosilver theme:
prosilver theme.png
prosilver theme.png (90.58 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Then the bo2Soft theme:
bo2Soft theme.png
bo2Soft theme.png (101.45 KiB) Viewed 948 times
As you can see, the bo2Soft theme has a new topic button next to the post reply button. Perhaps the OP is simply hitting the wrong button?

gamerprinter
Giant

Post by gamerprinter »

OK, since I've figured out that this is my ineptness that caused the problem - can we delete this thread now?

GP
Gamer Printshop

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

:) J/K Why would we do that? We want it to remind you later about it. It good extortion stuff now :twisted: J/K

Hey we all make mistakes with this stuff.
--
Big Mac

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Big_Mac wrote: :) J/K Why would we do that? We want it to remind you later about it. It good extortion stuff now :twisted: J/K
While Big_Mac does have a point, I want to clarify soemthing: For a sufficient level of goodies delivered to my home address (available via PM), I'm sure this thread could "accidentally" be deleted while I'm cleaning up spambots or performing some other board-related maintenance...

Let me know if you're interested. ;)

:mrgreen:

(I'm j/k. There's no way you pay me enough to remove it. 8))

Return to “General Discussion”