[SOLVED] Mac Question

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
TyeJae
Cave Troll

[SOLVED] Mac Question

Post by TyeJae »

Ok I am a newb mac user and trying to bring up the menu so I can edit a power button and every combination of keys I use that I would think would bring up the menu doesn't work, it just tries to run the macro. Can someone help with my silly problem?
Last edited by TyeJae on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Creations:

TyeJae
Cave Troll

Re: Mac Question

Post by TyeJae »

I figured it out, I have to place two fingers on the trackpad and push the button... wow what a pain! lol
My Creations:

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, it's a right-click.

Since you're a touchpad user, you'll likely hit the bug wherein panning the map (using the right-click on the touchpad) prevents tokens from being selected in the future with a left-click.

If this happens to you and you'd like to try out a fix that I've written, I can send you a replacement program. It would work the same, but the touchpad wouldn't mysteriously start failing. :(

It works for me, but no one else has stepped forward to test it and I'd really like this to get into 1.3 Final as it makes MapTool completely unusable on a Mac with a touchpad! (It appears to be a bug in the JVM's handling of the mouse.)

Chrest
Cave Troll

Post by Chrest »

Azhrei wrote:Yeah, it's a right-click.

Since you're a touchpad user, you'll likely hit the bug wherein panning the map (using the right-click on the touchpad) prevents tokens from being selected in the future with a left-click.

If this happens to you and you'd like to try out a fix that I've written, I can send you a replacement program. It would work the same, but the touchpad wouldn't mysteriously start failing. :(

It works for me, but no one else has stepped forward to test it and I'd really like this to get into 1.3 Final as it makes MapTool completely unusable on a Mac with a touchpad! (It appears to be a bug in the JVM's handling of the mouse.)
I didn't volunteer to test because I haven't been able to reproduce the bug (Unibody MacBook Pro, OS X 10.5.8). I normally use a USB mouse, but I unplugged it to test, and was not able to trigger the problem. One of our players regularly plays with nothing but a trackpad on his older MacBook, and he hasn't run into any problems that I know of either.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Chrest wrote:I didn't volunteer to test because I haven't been able to reproduce the bug (Unibody MacBook Pro, OS X 10.5.8). I normally use a USB mouse, but I unplugged it to test, and was not able to trigger the problem. One of our players regularly plays with nothing but a trackpad on his older MacBook, and he hasn't run into any problems that I know of either.
Aw, crud. So maybe it's just a Java_5_on_Tiger thing. :( In which case I should probably test using the Leopard I installed on an external drive...

Thanks for the feedback -- that helps. :)

Return to “MapTool”