The MapTool 1.3 Stable Pool!

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Re: The MapTool 1.3 Stable Pool!

Post by Orchard »

Big_Mac wrote:
Orchard wrote:
thecyberwolfe wrote:/me hands Orchard a bucket

Quit droolin'!
Look, the mark of a quality village idiot is knowing when to drool and how much. I have this down. Not everyone does, it's a skill. Amateurs go into it just drooling constantly, thinking that it's effective, but really high level droolers know that you have to time it for effect. You gotta get the sibilant spray down. Drooling into the chili at the cookoff, and most importantly, aiming your drool perfectly to hit that open wound. These are a matter of great finesse, and not everyone can manage them. Of course, a properly guild-licensed village idiot will be quite proficient at all of these. This is important, since village idiots do have a certain standard of quality to maintain.

Okay; for so for some reason this scares me. A lot!! You have way to much time on your time to think. :shock:
Huh? A quality village idiot does NOT think. That's not how works. The guild mandates that the village idiot avoid thinking strenuously. A village idiot intuits a way through. It is pure intuition and luck that fuels their day. Their bumblings do not come from planning, but often result in fortune.

Get it right.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

BigO
Dragon

Post by BigO »

Orchard wrote:The guild mandates that the village idiot avoid thinking strenuously. A village idiot intuits a way through. It is pure intuition and luck that fuels their day. Their bumblings do not come from planning, but often result in fortune.

Get it right.
I thought we were an autonomous collective.
--O

I am a small and fragile flower.
http://maptool.rocks.andyousuck.com

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

BigO wrote:I thought we were an autonomous collective.
"You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes ..."

ROTFL. :lol:

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

Azhrei wrote:
BigO wrote:I thought we were an autonomous collective.
"You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes ..."

ROTFL. :lol:
Even autonomous collectives and dictatorships need village idiots. A lot of job security in the field. "EVERY village has an idiot." That's the guild motto!

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

An more on village idiots--I really think it might be a fun character class to play--in SOME settings.

Even Cthulu needs village idiots!

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Orchard wrote:An more on village idiots--I really think it might be a fun character class to play--in SOME settings.

Probably Safest to play the VI in Chutulu.
--
Big Mac

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

Big_Mac wrote:
Orchard wrote:An more on village idiots--I really think it might be a fun character class to play--in SOME settings.

Probably Safest to play the VI in Chutulu.
At this point I must question your fundamental understanding of how a village idiot works. It's not as if you are going to keep yourself out of danger. Quite the contrary. The village idiot is the one who picks up the forbidden text and reads it like a novel and goes around mindlessly chanting the words to the dark summoning rituals in a sing-song voice--only without the very much needed circles of protection and traps to ensnare the summoned evil. Of course the evil will still come--the words alone would never work for anyone else, but when spoken by the drooling village idiot, the evil shows up. Every time. That's where the Champion comes into play. It's his job to clean up the mess. Of course, this is why the Village Idiot is a good choice--the VI ALWAYS survives the ensuing bloodshed and chaos, while the Champion only has (at best) even odds.

So yes, the Village Idiot might survive, but that doesn't mean that it's a SAFE thing to be.

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Nor is it safe to hang out with the Village Idiot. Don't tempt Fate, she'll kick yer arse!
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

Minch Ruwin
Cave Troll

Post by Minch Ruwin »

Aha! THATS my problem. :)

Wearing his "I'm standing next to the village idiot" t-shirt.

Weero
Kobold

Post by Weero »

Noooooo! I leave for a few months and the pool has passed me by! =(

Curses! Oh well, put me up for b69 I guess.

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Belated edits: b60 is dead, b61 may as well be; we're pretty sure b62 will be it. Weero The Optimist claims b69. Best of luck to you.
The Cyberwolfe
----------------

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Aw, man. So close, too. Just one more build for me...

Maybe I'll hold off on reporting that SUPER CRITICAL OMG! WTF? bug report until just after b62 comes out. Then I would own the pool! Muhahahahah!! :twisted:

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Careful, BlueMan - you pull a stunt like that and some wag is likely to bust into your house and replace all of your computers with Windows ME machines :)
The Cyberwolfe
----------------

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

thecyberwolfe wrote:[...] bust into your house and replace all of your computers with Windows ME machines :)
NNNNOOOooooooooooooooooooo!

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Azhrei wrote:Maybe I'll hold off on reporting that SUPER CRITICAL OMG! WTF? bug report until just after b62 comes out. Then I would own the pool! Muhahahahah!! :twisted:
Impossible!

Trevor is only doing another build if there is an absolute show-stopper of a critical bug.

If there was a show-stopper class bug outstanding for you to report... someone else would have found it by now.

If it hasn't been noticed and reported by now, it's not a show-stopper.

Return to “General Discussion”