[Hero 5th ED] brad's Hero5thMacros.cmpgn

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Bengalelf
Dragon

Re: Hero 5th ED macro set, brad's

Post by Bengalelf »

I see what the problem is now with the entangle code and multiple damages. It will take a little work. For now don't use Apply Damage for more then one damage amount at a time and it is fine.
Sounds like a great time to add 'Enatangle takes no damage' also there Brad....:-)

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Range reference fixed. It now only returns tokens that are visible on the screen. So, if you have gm view going you would still see tokens that were under fog, but a player would only see tokens that his token could see and that were visible on his screen.

Apply Damage fixed. You can once again type in multiple damages.

Sorry Bengalelf. Didn't get other entangle thing in there. :P
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Though I think a light just came on about how insanely easy "Entangle takes no damage unless targeted" would be to implement. I think I was way over complicating it. Don't have time now. I will check it soon though.

Bengalelf
Dragon

Post by Bengalelf »

Hey Brad,
I am not trying to push, but have you done these updates you mentioned? It has been several days......

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Thanks for reminding me! I had totally forgot about the Entangle thing. Since I last posted everyone in my household has had the flu, so everything was put on hold for a bit. I had forgot that I had possibly figured out an easy way for that.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Ok Bengalelf, I just updated it. The "Must target entangle to damage it" should be working now. I just did a quick quality check, so mess with it a bit and make sure there are no bugs.

Panpiper
Kobold

Post by Panpiper »

I am dropping in to say that I am extremely interested in what you've created here. I am a rabid fan of Hero games but lack the opportunity to game more than once every couple of weeks, when in truth I'd be happy to play a couple of times a week if that were an option. Playing online is the obvious solution to my conundrum and Maptools seems like the best way to do that. And of course, with you having already done pretty much all the work of creating the framework, well... Thank you! :)

Getting started is slow going for now, as many of the concepts involved in 'actually gaming' are still very unclear to me. So far I've used Maptools all of once as a glorified chat client and moved some takens about with a few macros to click. But I will get this figured out. Want to play in a 25point 'peasants' campaign? (Generous on the XP however {basically a little more than double}, so characters will rapidly grow to heroic levels) ;)

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

While I would love to play a second time a week(especially Hero), I simply don't have the time. I can help get you started with some tips. First, the link in my signature. A bunch of video tutorials that walk you through MapTool from the start. Some of them still need a little updating, but I have replaced all the ones with any big holes or major feature that have changed.

Second, I highly recommend using a voice program. I use ventrilo. It is free to host up to 8 people from your own computer. I have cable internet and a mid-level dual core processor in my computer. I never had any problems with lag. That is until I started opening a second instance of ventrilo to stream music to my players. That constant stream(along with everyone else talking, having a webcam going, and MapTool transfering data) seemed to occasionally cause problems for my internet. I now pay $3 a month for a small ventrilo server, as I really like the music aspect.

Next, we also use Tokbox.com for free webcam. Not required, but if you have one use it and everyone is encouraged to get one. We are up to 6 out of 7 now. You can adjust whether you have peoples frames stacked vertically or horizontally and can adjust the size. I haven't found another free place that does both of those. You could use Tokbox for audio as well, with the following drawbacks. Quality is good, but not as crystal clear as ventrilo. You don't have side rooms you can quick step into for private conversations. There is no push to talk option. You can mute your microphone, but you have to do it by clicking on an icon with your mouse, which is not nearly as convenient as a hotkey. And you don't want audio on all the time for everyone. If you have 5 or 6 or more people playing, all that background noise would stack and be annoying.

Combining MapTool and Ventrilo made for an awesome gaming experience. I couldn't believe how close it was to face to face gaming. We role-played with ventrilo and used the chat window in MapTool to make out of character comments to each other. I like the social aspect of gaming and this definitely had it. Then we added in the webcam and it was the icing on the cake. Now we could see who we were talking to and their expressions. The best thing is, you could do it all for free. Though again the music streaming seemed to make the lag slowly mount for me, until I got the external server.

One last thing. The current video tutorials for this framework are out of date. Still helpful, but things have been added and improved. I won't be able to update them for a while due software incompatibility with my new OS. I need to update my screencast software now and that won't happen for a bit.

Shoot me and the other guys here any questions. I love to spread MapTool to the Hero community!

Bengalelf
Dragon

Post by Bengalelf »

Hey Brad,
It has been a while. :-)
I though the penetrating option under Apply damage was not working. Then I notice field to enter penetrating damge. It appears to be okay.

I do have a quetion. Under Properties on a token the property Extra. Is there anything that needs to be in there at token creation? Yours seems to have in the first post of this thread.

Code: Select all

<br />Damage dice: 3d6<br><br />Your to hit roll(s):10,<br />Typed in hit mods 0

I noticed it changes and displays the last option in the chat window under the Extra option.

Happy Holidays Brad

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Hey Bengalelf. Hope the entangle option you wanted has been working ok as well! Yep, with penetrating damage you have the killing damage you rolled and then the lesser penetrating damage, so a field is needed for each. Nothing is needed in the Extra property. It is filled with information from the last macro you ran. It has that extra information that is not printed out in the chat window.

Bengalelf
Dragon

Post by Bengalelf »

Hey Brad,
The Entangle option appears to be doing what I need it too :-)

Sorry it has been a while since I have said anything; everything appears to be running correctly.

I do have a question. I really need to train myself to use the Start phase macro....
My question is, if I change a tokens DCV or OCV under the OCV DCV Mod macro like to give the token his +1 DCV skill level, will hitting the Start Phase macro change the DCV back to his figured DCV? Or will it keep the DCV +1? I have played around a little bit with it and it seems to keep the +1, I just wanted to check in and confirm my findings.....

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Yes. The main purpose of the DCV bonus area is to simulate DCV levels, which are almost always in effect. So, they don't go away unless you make them. The bonuses/penalties for maneuvers do go away with Start Phase and bonuses/penalties for states are rechecked in case any have changed. Also, any combat levels that were assigned last phase are also wiped(not including DCV levels as they are assumed to always be on).

Glad to here the new entangle feature is working for you!

Bengalelf
Dragon

Post by Bengalelf »

Hey Brad,

As I sit here inputing various robots for Mechanon's army for a upcoming module; have you given any thought on how to handle Automations?

I plan to just input no Stun when they are hit and ignore Endurance for physical attacks. Also on creating them I am leaving their STUN and END Charactistics at zero.
any sugguestions?

Oh, and what about having the Body and Stun totals inputed, print out in the chat window from the Apply Damage Macro? I am still having trouble remembering the figures I put in when it comes time to figure knockback.

You would think I could remember a figure I type in just 60 seconds before hand. I must be getting old :-)

Also as I think of it. This macro you wrote for me a while ago for inputing Endurance

Code: Select all

[h: fail=input(

"endurance_cost | " + endurance_cost + " | Endurance Cost | text"

)]

[h: abort(fail)]

[h: dam_end2=dam_end2-abs(endurance_cost)]
[r, if(eval(end)<0), code: {

[h: temp_stun=dam_stun2]

[h: stun_dice= ceil(abs(eval(end))/2)]
   [h, c(stun_dice): dam_stun2=dam_stun2-1d6]

[h:state.stunned=if((temp_stun-dam_stun2)>eval(con) || state.stunned==1, 1, 0)]

[h: dam_end2=dam_end2-eval(end)]
   [r: "<br />You burned Stun to make this attack!!!"]

}]

[h: state.unconscious=if(eval(stun)<1 && eval(stun)>-31, 1, 0)]
[h: state.ko=if(eval(stun)<-30, 1, 0)]
It asks me to input the total Endurance twice. Is there a way to fix that? And yes, I have the macro written once on my Lib token. The rest of my macros just call it.
:-)

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

That endurance macro looks like "endurance_cost" is designed to be a token property. That way if someone was using the same power over and over they would not have to type in the value repeatedly. It would be remembered and they would just have to hit enter.

I hadn't thought much about automations. I guess I would put their stun at 1(or really the default as you are ignoring it anyway, why do unneeded work) and leave endurance at whatever the default is. Stun needs to be more then 0 to avoid annoying States popping up. And then, yes, just skip putting in stun in the Apply Damage macro. And just set all powers to cost 0 endurance, which I believe is the default.

I had forgotten about you wanting the typed in Body and Stun to appear. I will work on that or some version of it. It could lead to clutter on the chat window, especially with multiple attacks. I might dump it into the "extra" link.

Bengalelf
Dragon

Post by Bengalelf »

Just wondering when you thinking of doing another update?

Also how would I represent Mechanon's skill Everything 50-?

Is that silly or what? It is from the Book of the Machine, Mechanon Mark XXXVII (2009 to Present) Even Dr. Destroyer doesn't have a silly skill like that.
I will just us 25- the highest I can get with his Intelligence and your macro +9.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”