MapTool 1.3 Development Build 63

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

brad
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 63

Post by brad »

Had a 4 hour game last night(b63). A little over 2 hours into it I had everything dump. I was running the MapTool server. I also had 2 instances of ventrilo connected to a server and the webcam going. Everyone else just got dumped from MapTool, but stayed on vent and the webcam server. I was able to reconnect everything very quickly. I am assuming it was just an internet or computer hiccup on my end. None of the programs closed, there were just disconnects.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

What's MT's tolerance for a dropped connection?

I was playing EQ2 the other day, the connection got all messed up and messenger dropped out, but the occasional connection I was getting was enough to keep EQ2 running.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I have pulled the network cable out during the testing of b60-b62 and could count to 20 seconds before MT would drop me. If any time during those 20 seconds I plugged the network cable back in, MT wouldn't have dropped me.

So that is a pretty good time.

But I am not sure if that is a MT thing or an OS thing. I noticed non of my other apps network apps didn't complain either so my guess it is more of an OS thing -- but I don't know that for sure.

I think brad is running on Windows. My test was on Win7.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

I am on Vista.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

Shpena
Cave Troll

Post by Shpena »

Just had an eight hour session in a mixed environment between windows 7 (server), vista and osx snow leopard. All running 1.3b63 Absolutely no crashes, no disconnects, everything went super smooth. Running DeviantNull's 4e framework using a customized copy of shadowfell map that I will post whenever I'm finished with it.

Brilliant stuff guys, thanks a million. We had a boat load of fun. Can't wait to see how 1.4 will evolve.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."
- Louis-Hector Berlioz

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Played something like 7-8 hours today - hosting one session, and playing in another. Never saw any errors or instability at all; MapTool never wavered.

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Ran my group of vict... err, players through a 5-hour session in a Face-2-Face game (two sessions on one laptop using external monitor for one of them) on Sunday and had no problems.

(Yeah, I know, a real stress-test it ain't) :)
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Had a 5 hour session. Not one disconnect. MapTools never wavered.

Side note:My problematic player who historically always gets disconnected, switched to accessing the internet with a direct ethernet cable connection to his router, instead of the wireless connection. He never had an issue. First time in months for him.

This could be the one as far as I'm concerned.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Paradox wrote:This could be the one as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously. I shiver with anticipation.

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

I previously had a lot of disconnect problems with the last few versions, but build 63 had no disconnect problems at all. Even when I had a player drop his internet connection.

The only problem I had 1 time outside of our play session was a campaign save error, but I was able to roll back to the auto save.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I had all three players disconnect tonight while using b63. However, I've been having sporadic power and cable Internet access problems throughout the last week so I'm reluctant to blame tonight's problems on MT. (Four power outages in the last 3 days, never for less than 30 minutes. Cablemodem access randomly failing and the modem requiring a power reset. Weird stuff lately...)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Normally I play face to face only but last nights One Shot was a bit different. 3 users were local and one was remote. We also used Skype with that remote user.

MT worked without a hitch (4 hours). The remote user lost voice a couple times in Skype but we would hang up and call him again and it worked fine. Even with that Skype issue, MT remained solid and steady.

Good times!
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

dorpond wrote:Normally I play face to face only but last nights One Shot was a bit different. 3 users were local and one was remote. We also used Skype with that remote user.

MT worked without a hitch (4 hours). The remote user lost voice a couple times in Skype but we would hang up and call him again and it worked fine. Even with that Skype issue, MT remained solid and steady.

Good times!
Funny you should say that. Our group has been having those sort of issues with Skye for a while. Mt never had an issue.
--
Big Mac

simonutp
Giant

Post by simonutp »

Funny indeed! We also had that kind of trouble with skype and MT...
Rock solid 1.3b63, but skype loosing one or the other guest.
Is it a skype problem or a Skype/MT combination problem?
I tried to find a solution in the skype forum, but found nothing.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

I think it's skype. My friends and I gave up on it to talk while playing Borderlands because of the rampant disconnects. Every 10 minutes or so it would kick off. Skype is real touchy when it comes to fluctuating connections.
I cast firecube! ~4E

Return to “Announcements”