4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

PinkRose
Dragon

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by PinkRose »

Or, I can still have it search for the first number and put that in speed, and put everything after a first number in the second box.
This!

Second, I make 2 edits every time you make a new version, and since Venatius brought it up I'll post them.

Code: Select all

<!--Pull in first line to get name for GMName and Name-->
[h:id = strfind(tempStatCard, "^[A-Z][^<]*(?=\\sLevel)")]
[h: BGEditSend=json.set(BGEditSend,"Name",getGroup(id, 1, 0))] 
I delete the secondinput, the GM name.
I put the names of the creatures in the name field. Because, by default, using Monster Knowledge Passive checks they know the names per the PHB.

The second one, I figure you might actually want to incorporate but didn't even think to offer it because I figured you had some reason for not doing it.

Code: Select all

[h: setBar("Health",1)]
Because I use the HP bars.
I am a special snowflake!

cqtlc
Kobold

Another good question

Post by cqtlc »

I dunno what I did wrong with that token ..
but each time I'm doing damage (even only 1dmg over 29 hp) to the character, he dies.

Can someone tell me why ?
Attachments
ash.rptok
(165.37 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

I can tell you without looking. As can anyone that plays in my games.

Under Failed Death Saves, in the Health section, you need to have atleast 1 there.
The default is 3.

IN the code, when it takes damage it checks that to see how many you have left, if that number is 0, ( for a PC if you had failed 3 times) the creature automatically dies.
It has nothing to do with damage, but it's tied into the code, so just leave the Failed Death Saves at 3, and you will be fine.

cqtlc
Kobold

Post by cqtlc »

Did I mention how awesome you are ?

thank you very much ! :D

smeej
Kobold

Post by smeej »

Great framework! Just one question: is there something I can input into descriptions that will make it automatically include a stat modifier?

Example: I have the swordmage power Dimensional Thunder, which allows my character to teleport a distance equal to his constitution modifier before the attack. I like to have the effects of attacks 1) displayed and 2) as brief as possible. So if I can replace "equal to your constitution modifier" with "4", I will. I'm just curious if there is a way to replace "equal to your constitution modifier" with a code that automatically inserts it, so I don't forget to go back and update powers as I earn stat increases.

anmay73
Kobold

Post by anmay73 »

I'm new to the this framework and have loaded it and entered a few characters. Was wondering if the damage automatically applies to targets hit or does this need to be manually entered via the macro supplied in the lib token?

Thanks for all the effort you have put into this it makes gaming much more enjoyable.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

First answer is =(???)
In place of the ???, put in STR or CON or DEX or INT or CHA or WIS or 1/2LVL or LVL
There might be more.

Second answer, nope there is no auto-damage in DN's framework.
The targeting feature is there so that it shows in chat as to who you are attacking or healing.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

I managed to get in a little code tweaking time after the many hours spent this weekend at my conference.

RegExParser token 1.5.10:
http://webpages.charter.net/thornhill/d ... 5_10.rptok
  • StatsParser:
    • -Now only applies number to speed if it is the first thing after the speed entry. Places everything that is not a first number in the altmove category.
      -Enables health bar by default.
    PowersParser:
    • -Now parses for free actions when first bloodied and sets action as "First Bloodied."
      -Fixed prompt for range when power was listed as "R," and no range distance was given, as in a Double attack power. Range will be listed as, "Fill in Range."
      -Fixed similar prompt for close attacks, where attack was another instance of a previous close attack (i.e. monster repeats an attack when reduced to 0 HP). Area will be listed as, "Fill in Area."
      -Now parses for immediate reaction and interrupt triggers and puts them in the trigger field.
      -Parses for "when first bloodied" trigger when not listed as immediate or free. If "and again...reduced to 0 hit points" is also in the trigger line, that information is now put in as trigger text.
      -Parses for "when reduced to 0 hit points" trigger and sets it as action type.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Bug: Monster Builder uses a semicolon to separate the different Immunities and Resistances, the Compendium and pdfs use a comma. It causes any of the keywords after the semicolon to not show up. Can you build some kind of replacement?

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

I snarfed up one of my powers in my character. I put in 2W for the damage and now I get an illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal error.

It will not allow me to edit the power. I probably added to the problem when I went into 'edit' and deleted the reference to the power in the powers section (still get the error and the power still shows up)

Where do I go to just whack that power and start over with it? I don't want to lose all the other work I did on the token...
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

jstgtpaid wrote:I put in 2W for the damage and now I get an illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal error.

Where do I go to just whack that power and start over with it? I don't want to lose all the other work I did on the token...
Double-click the token or r-click it and choose to edit it. Click on the Properties tab and scroll down to where you can see Powers. Copy the entire contents out of the Powers entry and paste it into your favorite text editor. Search for your "2W" text and replace it with 2. Copy and paste all of the text from your editor and paste it back into the Powers entry.

That should keep you from having to start from scratch.

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

Awesome, Travis627!! That worked like a charm!
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

cqtlc
Kobold

Post by cqtlc »

I got little question
Can someone tell me what's the purpuse of the drop down "Basic:" in power editor
( the only thing I figured out is the icon in the power list .. but is there something else )

You spoke about the targeting system .. can you show us an example on how to use it ?

And finally, is there a way to hide the "Macro Link" tool tip only ?
Thank you !

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

So far as I know, yes, "Basic" just adds the icon to indicate it's basic, for easy reference.

To enable targeting, go to Options on the stats page of the token you want to enable targeting for. Expand that, and click the toggle for the targeting option so it toggles to Yes. Whenever that token activates a power with 'advanced' input (that is, the window that allows you to select combat advantage, input modifiers, etc.), you will be able to select targets for the power from the dropdown menu, from among the tokens currently visible on your map.

As for the macro link, not sure myself. Sorry. But I hope those answer your other questions satisfactorily.

cqtlc
Kobold

Post by cqtlc »

it helps .. thank you very much

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”