4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Wind_Dragon
Kobold

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by Wind_Dragon »

The LaunchStatCardEntry macro wasn't set to have F3 automatically in it.

Quick fix: Open the Selected Window. You will notice a series of Macro buttons one of which is labeled LaunchStatCardEntry.
Right click on this. Then click Edit
In the upper right corner you will see HotKey with a pull down box Select F3
Click OK

Now it will work

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Wind Dragon, well done.
I have had the same issue, but I was chalking it up to user error. Since I change a little bit of DN code and a little bit of travist stuss as well, I thought I broke it.
But that fixes it, so thanks.
For those that need F3 for something else, Select the token, (the Character Sheet will say it's not a character or some such.) Open the Selected Window. You will notice a series of Macro buttons one of which is labeled LaunchStatCardEntry.
Left click on this. That's what I've been doing since I thought I borked the original.

Anyway, welcome to the discussion, Wind Dragon.
I am a special snowflake!

Seeker
Kobold

Post by Seeker »

Seeker wrote:
Rumble wrote:Is the macro player editable? If so, the macro could be failing on that point (since player editable macros can't run trusted functions, IIRC).
Unknown.. Where do I look? I had no problems until a recent dev version..
Never saw an answer to this.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Seeker wrote:
Seeker wrote:
Rumble wrote:Is the macro player editable? If so, the macro could be failing on that point (since player editable macros can't run trusted functions, IIRC).
Unknown.. Where do I look? I had no problems until a recent dev version..
Never saw an answer to this.
Sorry - if you right-click on the macro, and look at the "Options" tab, the top checkbox is about whether the macro is player-editable.

Wind_Dragon
Kobold

Post by Wind_Dragon »

PinkRose wrote:Wind Dragon, well done.
I have had the same issue, but I was chalking it up to user error. Since I change a little bit of DN code and a little bit of travist stuss as well, I thought I broke it.
But that fixes it, so thanks.
For those that need F3 for something else, Select the token, (the Character Sheet will say it's not a character or some such.) Open the Selected Window. You will notice a series of Macro buttons one of which is labeled LaunchStatCardEntry.
Left click on this. That's what I've been doing since I thought I borked the original.

Anyway, welcome to the discussion, Wind Dragon.
Thanks PinkRose,

I had the same thought initially as well - thinking that I had somehow broken it.

And just to belabour the obvious, you can use any F-key option you wish (if you wish).

pizzle
Kobold

Post by pizzle »

Ive tried downloading the RegExParser versions 1.6.0-1.6.3 and there is no RPTOK file located within the zip folder. Can someone tell what I need to do to access the updated version? Thanks.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

pizzle wrote:Ive tried downloading the RegExParser versions 1.6.0-1.6.3 and there is no RPTOK file located within the zip folder. Can someone tell what I need to do to access the updated version? Thanks.
You should be downloading a .rptok file not a zip file. Although technically the .rptok file is a zip file. I've heard of this happening to others and the explanation I've heard is that your browser is interpreting the file as a zip instead of the correct .rptok file.
Try changing the extension from zip to rptok and then drop it on a map.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

sturtus
Kobold

Post by sturtus »

What discussion has been happening in reference to Monster Manual 3 and its new stat block regarding the RegExParser functions in this framework? Clearly there's not much to copy and paste at this point since the DDI tools don't actually have the new stat block integrated into their software, but is anybody working on this?

I love that tool!

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

There is discussion that DeviantNull would probably change the NPC sheet to match the MM3 model once it was released, which it has, but he's in major remodel mode right now, so moving boxes around might be at the bottom of the list.
Once DN does his thing, travist said he would look into moving boxes around and making the parser parse to the new format.

absynth7
Kobold

Post by absynth7 »

First of all, thanks for putting this framework together. It's worked really well for us so far! We've used this for our weekly game and it really works well!

However, I can't for the life of me create a token to work with MapTools v69. I edit a token from the Example Campaign 4-3 and save it, but when I then drag it into any campaign (including the example one) it acts as if I'm importing a graphic - none of the stats or powers come over, and it appears to not be a Character. Also, it's coming through as a "Basic" template. When I change these settings, my powers and stats are still gone. When I import it into v66, though it appears to work fine.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

absynth7 wrote: However, I can't for the life of me create a token to work with MapTools v69. I edit a token from the Example Campaign 4-3 and save it, but when I then drag it into any campaign (including the example one) it acts as if I'm importing a graphic - none of the stats or powers come over, and it appears to not be a Character. Also, it's coming through as a "Basic" template. When I change these settings, my powers and stats are still gone. When I import it into v66, though it appears to work fine.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
We have the exact same problem. It has caused a lot of frustration with the members of the group and the DM. We don't think it has much to do with the DN framework. We are moving back to version b66 or b63 in the hopes that problem will go away.
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

One quick stab in the dark.
You mention that it changes to Basic.
When you change it back to Enhanced, do you also re-select "Character" from the States?

Wind_Dragon
Kobold

Post by Wind_Dragon »

I agree with Pink Rose. I have spent about 4 hours trying every permutation of characters created in earlier versions of Maptools, DN's Framework, and loading them into later versions of Maptools and DN's Framework. I have had no errors to speak of in anything, and the only way I could come close to the problem you are apparently having is by not having the State: Character checked.

If you still have the same problem, perhaps let us look at one of the tokens you are having the difficulty with.

absynth7
Kobold

Post by absynth7 »

Aaaand I'm an idiot.

This is a MapTools issue, not an issue with the framework itself. Once I upgraded to v70, everything worked perfectly.

Thanks anyway guys! :)

Wind_Dragon
Kobold

Post by Wind_Dragon »

Glad it worked out for you. I've used the framework and characters right through every build of maptools from build 56 up to 70 without any issue. But maybe I just got lucky.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”