4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Thanlis
Giant

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by Thanlis »

This is really awesome work. Thank you.
Reed (halfling sorcerer P3) // Collin (human fighter P2) // Cine (eladrin psion H2)
Sirath (deva shaman H1) // Alesk (dragonborn cleric H3) // Kevin (halfling barbarian H1)

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

DeviantNull wrote:Heres a list of what I've fixed for the Monday/Tuesday release.
(snip)
Great. Thanks DN.

May I suggest a feature :
In the power damage section, we are now able to choose damage, surge, healing etc...
Would it be possible to add a "other" choice in the list, to be used combined with the "type" free text.
In the chat, it would not output a link nor "damage" but just the texte typed in the "type" field.

That would be usefull for powers that have primary or secondary (or sometimes tertiary ... :roll: ) effects like :
"You push the target a number of squares equal to your Charisma modifier"
or
"YOur and your allies gain a bonus attack equal to 1d6 + your intelligence modifier" ...
ImageImageImageImage

Brindon
Kobold

Post by Brindon »

The framework is really slick. I love the power creation interface--it's very flexible.

I caught one small error--characters still get their Dex/Int bonus to AC when they have heavy armour equipped.

Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Brindon wrote: I caught one small error--characters still get their Dex/Int bonus to AC when they have heavy armour equipped.
I didn't saw this one. Did you choose "Heavy" when entering the gear ?

On the same subject of armor : I create a character with a +1 Leather armor ("Light" is choosen, 1 in AC enhancement, 2 in Armor Bonus) but the framework keeps only counting just 2 AC bonus instead of 3 when it's equiped.
ImageImageImageImage

Brindon
Kobold

Post by Brindon »

Natha wrote:
Brindon wrote: I caught one small error--characters still get their Dex/Int bonus to AC when they have heavy armour equipped.
I didn't saw this one. Did you choose "Heavy" when entering the gear ?
Yes, I did. The dex bonus still applies regardless.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Brindon wrote: Yes, I did. The dex bonus still applies regardless.
:?: I have created a character with a chainmail +1 and a heavy shield, and the calculated AC in the framework is the same as in WotC's character builder (but I could have overlooked something).

EDIT : have you tried removing the armour from the equipped items, than modify/check it (Heavy choosen in the list and chain or plate or whatever beeing checked), saving it, then re-equiping it ?
ImageImageImageImage

Brindon
Kobold

Post by Brindon »

Natha wrote:have you tried removing the armour from the equipped items, than modify/check it (Heavy choosen in the list and chain or plate or whatever beeing checked), saving it, then re-equiping it ?
I can't seem to reproduce that--for me the dex bonus always applies to characters in heavy armour. I can also confirm Natha's observation that enhancement bonuses to armour are not being applied.
Natha wrote:I have created a character with a chainmail +1 and a heavy shield, and the calculated AC in the framework is the same as in WotC's character builder (but I could have overlooked something).
Does the character have a +1 Dex/Int bonus? Your character might be receiving the ability bonus to AC, but not the enhancement, so you're getting the right total AC, but it's not being calculated correctly.

Anyway, this is really easy to work around for the time being--since characters don't change their armour all that often, it's easy enough just to use the calculate from total option for defenses. I just thought I would point out the AC issue for the sake of completeness.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Brindon, you are obviously new to this thread.
DeviantNull doesn't like input from people.
Trust me.

:twisted:
I am a special snowflake!

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Natha wrote:May I suggest a feature :
In the power damage section, we are now able to choose damage, surge, healing etc...
Would it be possible to add a "other" choice in the list, to be used combined with the "type" free text.
In the chat, it would not output a link nor "damage" but just the texte typed in the "type" field.

That would be usefull for powers that have primary or secondary (or sometimes tertiary ... :roll: ) effects like :
"You push the target a number of squares equal to your Charisma modifier"
or
"YOur and your allies gain a bonus attack equal to 1d6 + your intelligence modifier" ...
Yeah, technically more damage things in the drop down is easiest enough to add, it's # based and uses a switch in the output.

I might also be able to do the same thing by tweaking the output detection between attacks, damage, and hit/miss line info. I need to clarify what exactly we're needing to model though.

Right now No Damage suppresses the damage roll. This allows for powers that have an attack roll and an effect on hit but keeps the 0d0 damage from displaying so it should just display the hit/miss lines. Can you give me an example of a power that has a hit effect but no attack or damage roll for that specific hit effect?

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Brindon wrote:I caught one small error--characters still get their Dex/Int bonus to AC when they have heavy armour equipped.
ARGH!

I go over that code with a fine tooth comb. It's a gnarled mess of resets and checks and loops and comparisons that are very fickle and prone to not wanting to play nice. I'll recheck it and see if I can figure out whats up with it THIS time.

Zalarian
Cave Troll

Post by Zalarian »

This is looking sweet! Can I request that the following line of code be changed for initiative rolling? This will help with breaking ties in the initiative order by adding the users init modifiers with bonus if rolled rather than entered.

Lib:Execute , Dice Checks, InitiativeCheck
change line 10 from

Code: Select all

[H: DNT_InitTotal = if(DNT_RawValue == "", Die + Rating + DNT_Mod, DNT_RawValue)]
to

Code: Select all

[H: DNT_InitTotal = if(DNT_RawValue == "", Die + Rating + DNT_Mod +((Rating+DNT_Mod)/100), DNT_RawValue)]
May I have your blessings to work on a hybrid framework using your framework for the LFR games that are run here?
Will there be an updated regexparser to take advantage of this slick update?
Hybrid File
LFR Roster
LFR Roster:
P2 Zerin Stargazer / P2 Crymisil Silvershroud / E1 Llendil R'uthgalad Nelath
P3 Maddox "Mongoose" / P2 Vargaz / H3 Soulherder Vanya Mythseeker
E1 Kyla Marillion / H2 Ender/ P1 Locknar the Red of the Blue Order/ P3 Corinth Enilef
H3 Korben Airspur / H1 Alif Fluidsmith / H3 Navarre
Skype ID:Zalarian
I have no issues playing low

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Incase DN is busy actually playing with the Framework that we all use and abuse, I'll answer your questions, Zalarian.

DN has not told anyone, that I know of, that they couldn't use the code. And he's swiped bits and pieces from others anyway to make this so jump on it. If you come up with anything good, like the Initiative idea, report back, please.
And TravisT did say, a month or so ago that he was looking to update the RegEX parser once DN upgraded to this new v5. So hopefully he's still around. If anyone else wants to take that on, please do so. I'll cheer you on too. (Since I can't code)

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

DeviantNull wrote: Right now No Damage suppresses the damage roll. This allows for powers that have an attack roll and an effect on hit but keeps the 0d0 damage from displaying so it should just display the hit/miss lines. Can you give me an example of a power that has a hit effect but no attack or damage roll for that specific hit effect?
The effects I would like to handle are not really "hits" but here's what I'd like to be able to do :
The power card :

What I would like to enter in the framework :

The chat output :
ImageImageImageImage

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Natha: Wouldn't you just put "Until the end of your next turn, you and all your allies gain a +=(1+CHA) bonus to attack rolls against the target." on the Hit line of the single attack? That's where you put effects that go off on a hit. I'm not really sure why you would want to list it separately. The format I gave would automatically substitute in the character's CHA modifier plus 1, whatever that happened to be. The way you're proposing seems kind of unnecessarily roundabout.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Venatius beat me to it.
I think that's what you want, Natha.
However, an option that gives us an option, is always a good option. Right?

One other note, for those of you that DIY the Usage or the actions or the Keywords, I beat my head against a wall for an hour last night. And finally, by happenstance, came upon a solution.

Problem: when I updated the colours of, say Magic Item Usage, (I like a darker red then DN uses), it would not update on the character. Nothing. No amount of editing helped.
Solution: You have to force the Lib:Information token to refresh. A product of speeding up the FW means the Lib token doesn't refresh automatically. So what you do, once you edit the MagicItemUsage macro, is click it. That will Run the macro, showing the token in chat, but no info.
Lib:Token refreshed. Colours working as intended. Tada.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”