4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Venatius
Dragon

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by Venatius »

DN: I think I get it on the augmentation now. So, if I understand correctly: The listed PP cost in the power itself is only for informational purposes, while the actual input expenditure in the power use dialog is how much PP will actually be deducted from the character's reserve by the framework. This is definitely a good system for powers that only change things in the Attack area. Granted, a lot of them do alter things in the Effects line, or area/range, but those can still be done the old way (as separate powers).
Although, now I can't seem to find where you input the character's PP reserve for the life of me. (Edit: Scratch that, I found it)

Say, how reasonable would it be to implement an "Other" condition in the absolutely brilliant new conditions manager? Or perhaps a set of them ("Other 1", "Other 2", etc.), for managing more than one? There are a lot of powers that lay down a temporary effect that doesn't fall under any of the listed conditions, but still similarly elapses on a given turn or successful save. It seems as though you could just use these states for those, describing the effects in the Notes field. On the other hand, there's nothing really stopping you from just strongarming an existing condition into that (for instance, just using the "Curse" condition and specifying "-2 to all attacks until the end of my next turn" even though the effect isn't a curse), so this may be unnecessary. Speaking of which, missing an apostrophe in the word "targets" in the pulldown for when the effect ends. Unless that was omitted for code reasons. I know some setups can be oddly finicky about certain punctuation.
Last edited by Venatius on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darakonis
Cave Troll

Post by Darakonis »

Hmm PinkRose's question seems to be possibly in a way almost slightly somewhat kinda a little related to something I'm trying to figure out...

I'm not sure if you remember, DN, but I'm the guy that asks how to get equipped items to show on the mini statsheet after each of your updates. I tried to follow the procedure outlined in the post I linked to, and even after changing the tags to include the new DNA_ nomenclature, I can't seem to get it right. If you can help point me in the right direction for the, say, weapon code, I'll see if I can figure out the others.

I changed this:

*Weapon:{if(json.get(Equipped, "MainHand") == 0, "", json.get(json.get(Weapons, json.get(Equipped, "MainHand")), "Name"))}

to:

*Weapon:{if(json.get(DNA_Equipped, "MainHand") == 0, "", json.get(json.get(DNA_ItemIndexWeapons, json.get(DNA_Equipped, "MainHand")), "Name"))}

and it just outputs the line of code instead of the item name. To my extremely limited knowledge, it seems the ItemIndexWeapons doesn't have a "Name" category, so the code is calling on something that doesn't exist.

Also, as I recall, at least one other person in this thread expressed that he found it useful to see the equipped items on the mini statsheet, so you wouldn't be just doing this for me and my 7 players.

Thanks,
-Darakonis
Visit the D&D Digest for RPG tips & reviews.

Listen to the adventures of a live MapTool voice-chat group: Dungeons & Drogans

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Venatius wrote:DN: I think I get it on the augmentation now. So, if I understand correctly: The listed PP cost in the power itself is only for informational purposes, while the actual input expenditure in the power use dialog is how much PP will actually be deducted from the character's reserve by the framework. This is definitely a good system for powers that only change things in the Attack area. Granted, a lot of them do alter things in the Effects line, or area/range, but those can still be done the old way (as separate powers).
Although, now I can't seem to find where you input the character's PP reserve for the life of me.
Yeah, I couldn't do much about multiple ranges. Franky, Psionics is the single hardest darn thing to implement. Exception based design? Okay, I can roll with that, even if it exponentially expands the number of variables that need to be entered and tracked and compared. This is why I never bothered with feat bonuses or non defense Item bonus, as each would have to be tracked for each thing the bonus could apply to and that gets ugly when it gets as fine as +2 damage with Hammers.

But Psionics? They did exception based exceptions. Screw that. This is as close as I can get and still make it usable without stumbling upon another brilliant breakthrough.
Say, how reasonable would it be to implement an "Other" condition in the absolutely brilliant new conditions manager? Or perhaps a set of them ("Other 1", "Other 2", etc.), for managing more than one? There are a lot of powers that lay down a temporary effect that doesn't fall under any of the listed conditions, but still similarly elapses on a given turn or successful save. It seems as though you could just use these states for those, describing the effects in the Notes field. On the other hand, there's nothing really stopping you from just strongarming an existing condition into that (for instance, just using the "Curse" condition and specifying "-2 to all attacks until the end of my next turn" even though the effect isn't a curse), so this may be unnecessary. Speaking of which, missing an apostrophe in the word "targets" in the pulldown for when the effect ends. Unless that was omitted for code reasons. I know some setups can be oddly finicky about certain punctuation.
I in fact use quarries and curses for this. But the condition manager is pretty flexable and allows for expansion. It just needs to be added to the states and then to the correct properties (easiest via using the macros) on the Lib:Information token.

EDITED: Quick follow up... While a MT token can only display 1 of each state on it, my condition manager doesn't give a crap. It can have any number of the same state/condition on it and tracks each individually since it's a unique ID method that is specific to the token (this is why only the token can remove them). So If you have a Blue Curse that is -2 to AC, End of Next Turn someone else could have a Blue Curse that is -2 to Attack and Save ends. The token will show both, track both independently, and display their unique condition info even though both are technically Blue Curses. However, the MT token itself will only display 1 blue curse because MT is limited like that.
Last edited by DeviantNull on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tr4w
Kobold

Post by tr4w »

Hello,

I am new to Maptools and of course this framework. I have been messing around with the tool for a while now and I really like the way this framework looks and its features. I had built up a campaign and converted it to use this framework. So, I already had tons of NPC tokens on the maps. I was now going through and editing them after the conversion but when I do I get an error and the character sheet for the edited token will no longer open. This is the error I get:

Invalid condition in IF(json.get(tempPower, "PWeap1") == "NoWeap" || json.get(tempPower, "PWeap1") == "") roll option.       Statement options (if any): h, if(json.get(tempPower, "PWeap1") == "NoWeap" || json.get(tempPower, "PWeap1") == "")       Statement Body : PWeap1 = "{}"; PWeap1 = json.get(WEAPONS, json.get(EQUIPPED, json.get(tempPower, "PWeap1"))

It just effects the token that I edited. The character sheet still comes up for non-edited NPC tokens.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Darakonis wrote:Also, as I recall, at least one other person in this thread expressed that he found it useful to see the equipped items on the mini statsheet, so you wouldn't be just doing this for me and my 7 players.
Yeah, different storage and whatnot... To make this work you first need to create a new Campaign Property Named "DNA_Item0" and make it a JSON object so the following bit of code doesn't throw an error when it tries a json.get from the entry since we can't use CODE: blocks in the stat sheet.

Code: Select all

DNA_Item0: {"Name":"Nothing"}
BTW, entry 0 should never be used by the framework. It's technically a null entry since all index entries are created via 1d1000000 (yes, that is a million sided die, but hey, it'll technically NEVER run out of slots, MT craps out in the loops after a few hundred). It can't roll a 0 so it's a safe default entry. This is why i used 0 for default equipment.

Then it's just a matter of doing

{json.get(getProperty("DNA_Item" + json.get(DNA_Equipped, "MainHand")), "Name")}
for pulling out the item name. Change MainHand to whichever slot you want and add any other formating as needed.

tr4w
Kobold

Post by tr4w »

Hello,

I am new to the maptool and of course this campaign frame work. I have messing with the tool for a while now and really like this features of this framework. I ran into an issue self inflicted I am sure... I had created a campaign before I came across this framework so once I converted over. I already had many NPS tokens placed on several maps. SO after the conversion I needed to edit the NPC tokens character sheets. But after a edit a token and save it I get this error:

Invalid condition in IF(json.get(tempPower, "PWeap1") == "NoWeap" || json.get(tempPower, "PWeap1") == "") roll option.       Statement options (if any): h, if(json.get(tempPower, "PWeap1") == "NoWeap" || json.get(tempPower, "PWeap1") == "")       Statement Body : PWeap1 = "{}"; PWeap1 = json.get(WEAPONS, json.get(EQUIPPED, json.get(tempPower, "PWeap1"))

The character sheet for the edited token will no longer open. It does still work with NPC tokens that I have not edited.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Darakonis
Cave Troll

Post by Darakonis »

That works great; thanks DN!

Peace,
-Darakonis

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

[r: macroLink("Knowledge Checks", "Info@Lib:Sheet", "none", json.set("", "WindowType", "Skill", "Skill", "Knowledge"), currentToken())]

In that, Knowledge is the name of the skill macro on Lib:Info that you're wanting. So you could substitute it for Acrobatics or Nature or Whatever. You could even make new ones.
Just so I know, and anyone can answer that knows java or whatever this is, What are the 2 "Skill" entries?
Because the only example I could find had "Skill", "none", and so I couldn't get it to work. I had figured out that it needed to be Info@Lib"Sheet. But becasue the rest was borked I wasn't sure it was right.
I know nothing about coding and only code anything by copy/paste with examples that I can glean from code.
So it is ok to explain this to me like I'm 5.
I am a special snowflake!

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

DeviantNull, Now that I have that line of code, you'll have the whole conditions and skills updated by Midnight West Coast Time, so you should be able to include them in the update.

Zalarian
Cave Troll

Post by Zalarian »

Another minor spelling issue with version 5. You may have already squashed many of the loose vs lose:

Losing a milestone:
Text currently says:
You can not loose that many Milestones.
Text should be:
You can not lose that many Milestones.

Text currently says:
I loose a full Milestone and an Action Point!
Text should be:
I lose a full Milestone and an Action Point!
Hybrid File
LFR Roster
LFR Roster:
P2 Zerin Stargazer / P2 Crymisil Silvershroud / E1 Llendil R'uthgalad Nelath
P3 Maddox "Mongoose" / P2 Vargaz / H3 Soulherder Vanya Mythseeker
E1 Kyla Marillion / H2 Ender/ P1 Locknar the Red of the Blue Order/ P3 Corinth Enilef
H3 Korben Airspur / H1 Alif Fluidsmith / H3 Navarre
Skype ID:Zalarian
I have no issues playing low

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:

[r: macroLink("Knowledge Checks", "Info@Lib:Sheet", "none", json.set("", "WindowType", "Skill", "Skill", "Knowledge"), currentToken())]

In that, Knowledge is the name of the skill macro on Lib:Info that you're wanting. So you could substitute it for Acrobatics or Nature or Whatever. You could even make new ones.
Just so I know, and anyone can answer that knows java or whatever this is, What are the 2 "Skill" entries?
Because the only example I could find had "Skill", "none", and so I couldn't get it to work. I had figured out that it needed to be Info@Lib"Sheet. But becasue the rest was borked I wasn't sure it was right.
I know nothing about coding and only code anything by copy/paste with examples that I can glean from code.
So it is ok to explain this to me like I'm 5.
Short and simple version in this case... The first "Skill" goes with/is the variable of the json 'key' "WindowType" and tells the Info@Lib:Sheet macro which Info macro is being loaded into the Info Frame. In this case that would be SkillInfo (all my info window macros end with Info, I coded it into the info frame check), though you don't pass along the Info portion, the Info window macro adds that itself. If you tried to pass it "SkillInfo" it would look for a macro named SkillInfoInfo.

The second "Skill" is the json 'key' that holds the name of the skill that the SkillInfo macro should look for on the Lib:Information token. In this case that is the macro named "Knowledge". It can be changed to any skill (or really any macro) on the Lib:Information token. So if you wanted to call the Arcana skill you would replace "Knowledge" with "Arcana" and then the skill that would load into the window would be Arcana.

The very first thing in the macroLink() is "Knowledge Check" and is is what displays as the words for the Link. Everything else remains the same for it to function properly.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

http://www.mediafire.com/?3oived3i9deauna

That link is the Lib:Information token.
Conditions and Skills (and the knowledge check Info) have been updated to match the DDI Compendium as of 08-30-10.
The only one not exact, I think, is Grabbed. I combined the 4 different Grab entries.
I hyperlinked conditions and skills throughout.
It should all be perfect. Used b70 if that matters.
I do hope I helped with this contribution.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:I do hope I helped with this contribution.
Thanks! Yeah, big help! It'll save me a fair bit of time doing it myself.

Onto a more general Q... I'm sort of writing the long and meandering and probably not terribly helpful post for this new version. As I said, at this point I think I want to start a new thread. I think it's different enough from what's come before to merit it's own. Plus there's a lot of stuff in this thread that is no longer applicable and new users would probably benefit from a fresh start.

I'm not sure what to call this thing though. Just simply 4e Interactive Character Sheet Framework? Kinda long. Is Interactive a good word to keep using? Simply DeviantNulls 4e Framework? I dunno... any suggestions?

Darakonis
Cave Troll

Post by Darakonis »

DeviantNull wrote:I'm not sure what to call this thing though. Just simply 4e Interactive Character Sheet Framework? Kinda long. Is Interactive a good word to keep using? Simply DeviantNulls 4e Framework? I dunno... any suggestions?
DeviantNull's 4e Framework works! Can't wait :)

Peace,
-Darakonis

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

"Best 4E framework ever" ? :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”