The New Way to Import Statblocks

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Imper1um
Cave Troll

The New Way to Import Statblocks

Post by Imper1um »

Well, as mentioned before in this forum, I was working on a new way to import statblocks and create tokens.

Well, I have been working on it, and it's (mostly) done. At the moment, it only supports D20PFSRD Statblocks, but I'm planning on adding in support for Paizo statblocks (they are logically the same anyways, just minor tweaks), and HeroLab Statblocks.

You can get everything you need to use this utility at:
http://www.imper1umdesigns.com/glwiki/CharacterBridge

If you have any issues with this utility, please let me know (a post here for Pathfinder-specific issues).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: The New Way to Import Statblocks

Post by Azhrei »

Cool. :) I look forward to hearing some user feedback!

(A quick note for Mac users that this is Windows only.)

I wish I had a few extra hours each day as I'd like to work on the Statblock2Token macro rewrite. I think that's going to be the best way to handle things, but it needs some structural changes in order to be cleaned up. Maybe after build 77 is out...

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Heh, yeah, I wish I could make it a macro, but it just proved to be utterly difficult.

Farnesse
Kobold

Post by Farnesse »

Very nice effort, tested some monsters from the d20pfsrd site:
  • Red Dragon, Young Adult > bridge crashed
  • Barghest > parsed successfully
  • Frost giant > bridge crashed
  • Giant (hill) > parsed successfully
  • Stone Giant > bridge crashed
  • Myrianna > bridge crashed
  • Hill Giant Runeslave > parsed successfully
  • Lamia > bridge crashed
  • Bear, Dire (Cave Bear) > parsed successfully
  • Tiger, Dire (Smilodon) > bridge crashed
  • Invisible Stalker > parsed successfully
  • Succubus > parsed successfully
Exported Succubus and Dire Bear and imported them into Maptool, seems to work (could you paste the statblock text in the GM section of the token ?).

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Indeed I will go ahead and do that. I'll put it under GMNotes and kill the Parameters field.

I added a new upgrade to Bridge which will handle Crashes much more gracefully (it will let me know when they occur, and why they occurred now).

I will take a look at those Statblocks and see if I can find why they didn't parse.

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

• Red Dragon, Young Adult > bridge crashed
    Seems that he has the spell "Resist energy", which was throwing off the Regex. I fixed it.
  • Frost giant > bridge crashed
    There were two issues with this statblock. First, it said "any one" knowledge skill, which I randomized the list and chose from it (there's no such thing as any one subskill). The second was the +4 (+6 in snow) issue. It was thinking +6 in snow was a subskill. I did a little regex modification to make sure it doesn't happen anymore.
  • Stone Giant > bridge crashed
    One of the above fixes fixed this statblock.
  • Myrianna > bridge crashed
    There was an issue with if you don't have any + to attack. I fixed it by saying the damage is +0 if nothing is available
  • Lamia > bridge crashed
    One of the above fixes fixed this statblock.
  • Tiger, Dire (Smilodon) > bridge crashed
    Same.

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

This is now Open Source on Google Code.

http://code.google.com/p/characterbridge/

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

I recently upgraded the Core to VS2010 (It's still .NET Framework 3.5).

Also, all of the Packages I create are available on Google Code as .bpkg for import.

http://code.google.com/p/characterbridge/downloads/list

I also upgraded the SVN to include the externals (I missed them from the computer I was used).

And, lastly, I added the HeroLab Importer Package. It works...most of the time. HeroLab is very fickle (specifically because it likes to add commas and be weird. Who calls an Elven Curve Blade: Curve Blade, Elven? Ugh)

Anyways, enjoy :)

Farnesse
Kobold

Post by Farnesse »

Hmm now i can't start bridge anymore, I get a Message Box 'System Update Required'.

"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly MySql.Data Version 6.3.5.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first."

Do I need to install additional .NET updates ?

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Hmm...no. .NET 3.5 Framework and Windows Installer Should be sufficient to run the program.

What CharacterBridge version did you try? (It should be on the publish.htm page).

Also, what Framework do you have installed? .NET 3.5 is required, but .NET 4.0 ensures compatibility.

Farnesse
Kobold

Post by Farnesse »

Well .NET 3.5 (Service Pack) is installed (just checked the registry). The error persists on IE (using Firefox as default). Strange thing is that the old version worked. :?:

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Hmm...very odd. I will try to install on a computer without all my installed stuff (which will be incredibly difficult, mind you!)

Could anyone else try and let me know if they get the same error?

Thanks
Zac

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Alright, I believe I fixed it. Can you try now?

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

I changed to a MSI Installer. While Macintosh is not supported, now that it's an MSI/Setup you *might* be able to use emulation to install it on a Mac.

http://www.imper1umdesigns.com/Bridge/B ... nstall.msi

Farnesse
Kobold

Post by Farnesse »

Doesn't work for me, after installing .NET cvlient version 4 Bridge starts once. Loading the "Pathfinder.Converters.D20PFSRD.5.bpkg" and "Pathfinder.Maptools.Exporter.5.bpkg" works once, but I can't select anything in the dropdowns for the statblock or the export. Restarting Bridge after that crashes the program, only removing the .bpkg files lets me start Bridge again. :?

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”