Posting Rules and Policies

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Posting Rules and Policies

Post by trevor »

1) When posting user art or images prefix the submission with the type of thing it is.

Examples:
Token: Flames
Map: Evil wizard lair
Session: Fighting the horde
Tip: hacking in a token base

2) Give credit where credit is due

3) PG rated content (No crazy gore, no nudity)
Last edited by trevor on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

I have some killer tiles that I nicked from a video game. Is there any way I can post these?
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

brisingre wrote:I have some killer tiles that I nicked from a video game. Is there any way I can post these?
Legally, I would have to guess no.
If they are edited and made different, I would have to say maybe.
Does Trevor care? That's the ultimate question. :P

The reason for my uncertainty: Nobody is using any content to sell or profit from. It is being used for personal use.

So I don't know. I guess without reading each and every EULA, we won't really know.

That is why I try to keep honest with my uploads. I even asked Steel Rat if I could use some of his art before posting it - he said it was OK :)

paulstrait
Dragon

Re:

Post by paulstrait »

dorpond wrote:
brisingre wrote:I have some killer tiles that I nicked from a video game. Is there any way I can post these?
Legally, I would have to guess no.
If they are edited and made different, I would have to say maybe.
Does Trevor care? That's the ultimate question. :P

The reason for my uncertainty: Nobody is using any content to sell or profit from. It is being used for personal use.

So I don't know. I guess without reading each and every EULA, we won't really know.

That is why I try to keep honest with my uploads. I even asked Steel Rat if I could use some of his art before posting it - he said it was OK :)
I suspect if it bothered anyone, they would just request that it get taken down.

osman
Giant

Re: Posting Rules and Policies

Post by osman »

I have a similar situation. I've been working on a MT implementation of the board game Small World. The campaign includes all of the maps/tokens/bits, scanned in as tokens or other resources. Most of the rules aren't implemented, so it's not a real substitute for the actual game. (Similar to the Vassal implementation of the same game).

However, I've done some things with macros that I consider innovative or interesting, and I think other people might want to check it out. Should I try to strip out all the official artwork before posting it?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Posting Rules and Policies

Post by aliasmask »

I think if you upload the file on a different server and post a link here, I don't think anyone here would care either way.

Return to “User Creations”