RPGMapShare.com is down. Anyone know of a good replacement?

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Tyshalle
Giant

RPGMapShare.com is down. Anyone know of a good replacement?

Post by Tyshalle »

I've been going to RPGMapShare.com for years now to get an assortment of graphics to use with MapTool. I go there today only to see that the site looks completely different, with no links to any of the galleries. Does anyone know if this is temporary or permanent? I even went through my browser history to see if I could access the galleries from old links, but there's nothing. Everything's been deleted, which is a huge pain in the donkey.

Does anyone know of a similar site? I know this site has a gallery section, but it's extremely difficult to navigate through, and I think I've gotten about as much as I could from it. Anyone know of any other place? There seems to be tons of sites out there for maps themselves, but I'm more looking for graphics to put in the maps, like topdown views of modern vehicles, buildings, and lots of random stuff like that.

Any ideas?

dorpond
RPTools Team

Re: RPGMapShare.com is down. Anyone know of a good replaceme

Post by dorpond »

I just emailed steel rat and asked him what was going on over there. Appears to be spammer related.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Tyshalle
Giant

Post by Tyshalle »

I saw something about how he had banned all free email addresses (a terribly foolish move IMO, considering how many people use Gmail these days), but that seemed to be from posting. It didn't say anything about accessing anything. So I dunno. Hopefully it's just temporary!

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

In the meantime the Dunjinni user forums are a good place to pick up all sorts of good resources: http://www.dunjinni.com/forums/default.asp?C=4

Winter
Giant

Post by Winter »

The Gallery (http://rpgmapshare.com/gallery) is back online.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Hey folks, sorry for not posting here.

Yes, the gallery is back up, newer versions of software didn't play well with each other.

Anyway, I've also re-enabled access with some free email accounts (gmail and hotmail, might have been foolish, but it was necessary, I use gmail as well). Anyone from a .ru domain is still blocked, since they don't seem to behave themselves.

I'm still making formatting changes, and there are some things that are acting a bit strangely, but all appears to be working as expected for the most part.

Please do not post site questions here, but on RPGMapShare (unless you can't get on at all)
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Hey Rat, I just saw you live in Oak Harbor. My sister owns the Alderwood Bistro over in Sequim, so I've bopped around up in PA and PT.
Great area.
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Yeah, I don't get down onto the Olympic Peninsula very much, last time was over 6 months ago. Don't think I've ever been to Sequim, but I have a grand view of the Olympics from my kitchen window.

http://bayview-estates.com/images/DSC_0080.JPG (warning, large image!)
plothos wrote:Hey Rat, I just saw you live in Oak Harbor. My sister owns the Alderwood Bistro over in Sequim, so I've bopped around up in PA and PT.
Great area.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Just to let everyone know, RPGMapShare.com recently underwent a server upgrade, paid for in part by the wonderful user community. The old server was just getting overwhelmed, mainly due to activity on RPGMapShare. I posted an appeal for donations to help pay for an upgrade, and in less than 2 days had met the $200 goal. I was amazed, and touched by the response.

So, now we're on a much better server, uptime should be greatly improved.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Excellent news.
Thanks for this great website.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”