Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Zereth
Kobold

Re: Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Post by Zereth »

Kryx wrote:
Zereth wrote:I am attempting to start a D&D game, and just got this framework, and while attempting to import a PC I am receiving this error:

Invalid condition in IF(!json.contains(ftnm)) roll option.
      Statement options (if any): if(!json.contains(ftnm))
      Statement Body : revFeats = json.set(revFeats, ftnm, newFeat)

Does anyone have advice? :?:
How are you importing the character? Are you using the Wizards summary? Make sure it has the full text of it - including the first line of characters.
Yes, I'm just using select-all to grab the entire summary. It spits out a level 1 commoner with 0 movement and correct HP and surge values.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Paste the character here in a spoiler tag. I've never seen that.

Zereth
Kobold

Post by Zereth »

Okay, here you go.
Spoiler
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Spelljack, level 4
Warforged, Wizard
Arcane Implement Mastery: Orb of Deception

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 19, Wis 10, Cha 17.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16.

AC: 17 Fort: 15 Reflex: 17 Will: 19
HP: 36 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 9

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +11, Religion +11, History +11, Dungeoneering +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Endurance +6, Heal +2, Insight +2, Intimidate +7, Nature +2, Perception +2, Stealth +2, Streetwise +5, Thievery +2, Athletics +4

FEATS
Wizard: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Phantom Echoes
Level 2: Arcane Familiar
Feat User Choice: Implement Expertise (Orb)
Level 4: Battle Caster Defense

POWERS
Wizard at-will 1: Thunderwave
Wizard at-will 1: Illusory Ambush
Wizard encounter 1: Grasping Shadows
Wizard daily 1: Phantom Chasm
Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Fountain of Flame
Wizard utility 2: Shield
Wizard utility 2 Spellbook: Memory to Mist
Wizard encounter 3: Cordon of Bones

ITEMS
Spellbook, Adventurer's Kit, Lantern, Oil (1 pint) (3), Orb Implement, Ritual Book, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Quarterstaff
RITUALS
Create Campsite, Fastidiousness, Secret Page, Tenser's Floating Disk
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Possibly a dumb question, but are you using F4 first to set the token up for the FW before using F5 to import the character?

The only other thing I can think of is that "Feat User Choice: Implement Expertise (Orb)" looks unusual. I've never seen that in a character summary before. Is it an 'illegal' bonus feat (ie. does it mark the character as houseruled)?

Note the reference to 'Feat' in the error message. Maybe the framework parser gets confused by houserule bonus feats. Try removing that line from the summary and see what happens.

Zereth
Kobold

Post by Zereth »

... whoops, I wasn't. It doesn't seem to be making any difference though.

And yes it is a houseruled in feat, but removing it doesn't seem to change anything.

EDIT: I just checked, and attempting to copy the character sheet out of the sample hero into a new token generates the same error.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

It's a syntax error in the macro code. On Lib:RegExParser, in the macro "SummaryParser," the line

Code: Select all

[if(!json.contains(ftnm)):revFeats = json.set(revFeats, ftnm, newFeat)]
should say

Code: Select all

[if(!json.contains(revFeats, ftnm)):revFeats = json.set(revFeats, ftnm, newFeat)]

I have no idea why this hasn't cropped up before.

Zereth
Kobold

Post by Zereth »

Oh, that makes sense. Um... how do I implement that change?

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Find the Lib:RegExParser token (one of the main 6) and select it. Go to the selection window and find the 'SummaryParser' macro button.

Right-click it and choose 'Edit', then replace the text Rumble mentioned.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Just a link for the Custom Mods thread.

It's hard to see under all the stickies in this forum, so thought a mention in this thread might be handy :)

tractx
Kobold

Post by tractx »

I am having problems with the characters skills page does not want to save. I mark the trained skills and then hit the save button. Then I get an errror message I press ok but when I leave that page and come back the information is gone? Any help would be appreciated. Outside of that I love the frame work Awesome work man thank you so much.

Gubler231
Kobold

Post by Gubler231 »

Just a couple random questions about power editing.

1. What is the 'no save' option for on condition duration?
2. How do you get the 'next attack' option to work and only apply an effect to the next attack and make it go away?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Gubler231 wrote:Just a couple random questions about power editing.

1. What is the 'no save' option for on condition duration?
2. How do you get the 'next attack' option to work and only apply an effect to the next attack and make it go away?

1. It's for things that have no way to save against them. I don't even know if there are any such effects in D&D, but I figured why not put it in there.

2. You can't. The "next attack" option is reminder-only; the framework doesn't check to see if you've made your next attack, or compare that to anything. You will have to manually remove those effects.

Gubler231
Kobold

Post by Gubler231 »

I reported a bug a little while back but I think it got over looked and lost in the forums but here it is again:

When a token has a BonusDamage condition, that damage is being applied to attacks that are marked as 'No Damage'
(i.e. I use a power to blind an enemy with no damage and I currently have a BonusDamage +2 condition, then the 'No Damage' power deals 2 damage.

I think an easy way to fix that would be to go to where ever the macro is for adding the bonus damage to damage dealt and just have it check to see if the power was no damage and if it is, dont add the bonus damage. Another way that might work, depending on how you have it written, is if your no damage macro just zeros out all the damage, you could just have it set the damage to negative of the damage bonus if there is one and then when it adds it in later it would end up being 0. Either way seems like a simple fix but you have so many macros it makes it tough to navigate it and edit your code effectively.

BTW, this framework is awesome. Thank You and good job.
I only have one request that I think would be a good addition to handle little things and add some customization. I have been adding code into the text boxes of powers for hit/miss/effect to make it so I can handle simple tasks that the framework doesn't cover (i.e. losing healing surges, applying auras/lights when you use the power etc). Only thing is that it gets tossed into the chat box with the normal description text. Would it be possible to just add an extra block on there for custom code that wont be displayed in chat? If its too much trouble then dont worry about it and Ill just make my players do that stuff manually if they dont like the code in the chat box :P

algnc
Cave Troll

Post by algnc »

How do Ineherent bonuses work with magic weapons in the framework? In 4E they are supposed to overwrite, but the only way I could get a magic item to work in the framework was to disable inherent bonuses (these characters are level 2, so they don't have a bonus yet).

After disabling IB the magic item's enhancement bonus worked.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”