[4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Kryx
Cave Troll

Re: Question about Defenses

Post by Kryx »

DarkWiz58 wrote:Hi,
It appears that when equipping armor, the AC defense (and others?) is not adjusted.

Am I missing something in my testing ?
Same deal. I actually posted this about 5 pages ago and Rumble said it was fixed. No check penalty either.
Rumble?

Rumble
Deity

Re: [4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Post by Rumble »

If you recall, what you requested was that I make AC/Fort/Ref/Will a static number you enter. I did that - thus, entering armor values doesn't do anything anymore. If you wanted it to auto-calculate, that's what it used to do before I made the requested change (which is not to say I disagreed with the suggestion - in the end, just entering the values is a much better solution).

Armor check penalties are included for the following skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Endurance, Stealth, Thievery. Observe:
armor-check-penalty.png
armor-check-penalty.png (9.17 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
Armor speed penalties are not included.

DarkWiz58
Cave Troll

Re: Equipping Armor does not change AC

Post by DarkWiz58 »

Rumble wrote:...in the end, just entering the [Defense] values is a much better solution.
Considering, I agree with this. There's so many uppers and downers that go into calculating each Defense score that I prefer the foundation code to remain simple.

That's the point of Slim, right?

I'll just tell players.

I'll also use the Misc Notes to keep track of how/why Defenses change -- especially since some treasure and stores can make stuff complicated in this area.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Rumble wrote:
armor-check-penalty.png
Ah, there it is! I never actually ran the check, I just looked at it in the check drop down.

And ya static values for AC, etc are good. I had forgotten the exact conversation.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Note, though, that I didn't remember to remove the parts of the Equipment editor where you put in the values, so that is misleading. Those can be removed simply by taking the lines out of the input() dialog and substituting default values.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Rumble wrote:Note, though, that I didn't remember to remove the parts of the Equipment editor where you put in the values, so that is misleading. Those can be removed simply by taking the lines out of the input() dialog and substituting default values.
I can do that and update.

Also, did you do this:
Rumble wrote:No, I did. This part of the macro

Code: Select all

[h,if(EditMode),CODE:
should read

Code: Select all

[r,if(EditMode),CODE:
And the macro that adds the feature (rfw.addMarkStrikerMacros) needs to be updated correspondingly.
The macro editing would be easy if pointed to the right macho. I can update that as well and re-release.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

The macro you need is...um...I think it's that rfw.addMarkStrikerMacros one I mentioned.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

There is rfw.addMarkStrikerMacros and rfw.addMarkStrikerMacros2. The initial one has lots of "h,if(EditMode),CODE:" Should all of these be r instead of h? addMarkStrikerMacros2 has none of those.

Also: any ideas on how to handle lay on hands in Slim? It works great in V5 with the leader powers, but not as well in Slim.
Lay On Hands
Lay On Hands

Your divine touch instantly heals wounds.

At-Will Divine, Healing
Minor Action Melee touch

Special: You can use this power a number of times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1), but only once per round.

Target: One creature

Effect: You spend a healing surge but regain no hit points. Instead, the target regains hit points as if it had spent a healing surge. You must have at least one healing surge remaining to use this power.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

It's the one I said - rfw.addMarkStrikerMacros. Usually if you see a "2" or whatever on the end of a macro name, that's an old copy that was never removed (a working copy, or a test, or something).

And only the one about sneak attack needs to be changed, I believe - all the others should work.

mhcsor
Kobold

Post by mhcsor »

Hi guys!

I am in doubt about ranger dual-wield powers. How can I import Two Fanged Strike and Twin Strike.

I've tried to use the "one creature two attacks" and "main hand followed by off hand" options but it just doesnt't work.

It keeps rolling only the main hand attack modifiers and damage.

any idea?

tks!

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

It appears to be an issue not with the actual bonuses, but with the name of the weapon displayed (this is an issue probably generated by the fact that the total attack bonus isn't broken down, so if the weapons are identical or have the same proficiency, etc., it'll look wrong. That breakdown won't change, though, b/c too much work for the payoff).

However, I just tested it with a Battleaxe and Dagger (main and off, respectively), and the damage and bonuses are correct, but the second attack is displaying the wrong weapon name. I will fix that and post the corrected macro here (it has the potential to be tricky).

Edit: false alarm, not tricky at all. Replace ExecutePower on Lib:4e with the attached version.
Attachments
execute_power_fix20110529.mtmacro
(3.52 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

MHolman
Cave Troll

Post by MHolman »

Rumble,

Everything with the framework has been awesome, and we really enjoy using it. Recently, however, we've been running into this error.

My DM made some new monsters in BUILD 86, and any time he tries to have them take damage OR use a skill check, we get the following:

gstrformat("%{token.name} takes %{DmgValue} damage.") = strformat("%{token.name} takes %{DmgValue} damage.") = Demkur takes 0 damage.

g,rStrength check 26.

I know that I'm not giving a whole lot of information, but I don't know what else to really say. Do you recognize anything? the "G,r" and "GSFormat" thing is what throws me for a loop.

Any help is appreciated.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

MHolman wrote:Rumble,

Everything with the framework has been awesome, and we really enjoy using it. Recently, however, we've been running into this error.

My DM made some new monsters in BUILD 86, and any time he tries to have them take damage OR use a skill check, we get the following:

gstrformat("%{token.name} takes %{DmgValue} damage.") = strformat("%{token.name} takes %{DmgValue} damage.") = Demkur takes 0 damage.

g,rStrength check 26.

I know that I'm not giving a whole lot of information, but I don't know what else to really say. Do you recognize anything? the "G,r" and "GSFormat" thing is what throws me for a loop.

Any help is appreciated.
Yeah...I don't really know. The "g,r" stuff - it looks like for whatever reason the macro is dumping code to the chat window, stripping some characters. See, the g,r are roll options that are supposed to deliver text to the GM, and not show up in the code. But it's as if MapTool is stripping out the colon that follows them, and jamming them together with the output. I had that problem before during development, and after much grief, thought I'd fixed it. It's a very frustrating bug. I suspect it may be related to user-defined functions and output, but the alternative is no output at all, I think.

I might be able to look at it this evening - can you give me some notes to let me know exactly what steps you take to get that error? It will help me reproduce it (I have definitely seen it before, but I don't know how you triggered it, and that will help).

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

I created a token in build 86 by dropping it on the board and hitting F4, and designated it as an NPC. Then, I clicked the damage macro on the token, gave it some damage, resulting in:
gstrformat("%{token.name} takes %{DmgValue} damage.") = strformat("%{token.name} takes %{DmgValue} damage.")Mage takes 1 damage.

Here's the weird thing. If I select two tokens at once (even if both tokens on their own are broken), and click the damage macro (which is common between them), it works perfectly fine. Also, if I click the Damage & Healing macro from the campaign macros, there is no problem. If it's an NPC made before build 86, no problem, and if it is a PC, no problem.

Thanks for taking a look at this!

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

paulstrait wrote:I created a token in build 86 by dropping it on the board and hitting F4, and designated it as an NPC. Then, I clicked the damage macro on the token, gave it some damage, resulting in:
gstrformat("%{token.name} takes %{DmgValue} damage.") = strformat("%{token.name} takes %{DmgValue} damage.")Mage takes 1 damage.

Here's the weird thing. If I select two tokens at once (even if both tokens on their own are broken), and click the damage macro (which is common between them), it works perfectly fine. Also, if I click the Damage & Healing macro from the campaign macros, there is no problem. If it's an NPC made before build 86, no problem, and if it is a PC, no problem.

Thanks for taking a look at this!
Your strange bugs bother me, and I find them offensive. Please cease to be discovering new bugs in my code.

It is bad for my self esteem.

i am nothing now... :D

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”