Campaign Poll

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Notsonoble
Dragon

Campaign Poll

Post by Notsonoble »

I'm trying to decide if I should take a "second step" on getting some work done on my Pathfinder setting.

http://goo.gl/TLOER
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Campaign Poll

Post by Azhrei »

I guess you need to decide that for yourself.

I'm always talking about things I want to do but never get to. We all have these lofty goals and then real life slams down and crushes them. (Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh. But not by much. ;))

One reason why I don't get as much done as I'd like is that I would rather spend that time relaxing (like playing Valkyria or GT5 on my PS3). So I have to decide which is more important: my desire to further my hobby or my need to unwind to retain my sanity. I often -- but not always -- choose the latter. 8)

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

RL is indeed the crusher of many daydreams.
But I think you'll get most people saying they'd like to have more options, FW-wise. Lindsay's seems to be the go-to for PF, but different people work in different ways and find different approaches better for whatever reason. The more the merrier.

That said, I don't know of any big complaints about L's FW for PF, so your work would be redundant to an extent, and you'd have to decide if giving some people a FW they may prefer over one that works is worth the effort involved. Might help to remind yourself it's great coding practice. ;)
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

You miss understand, not a campaign file for maptools, a campaign setting.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Aha, well same story. :)
If you're thinking about whether it's worth it for you to use, that's something we can't help with. If you're thinking about whether others would like to have access to it, the answer is almost certainly "sure", but it's not like there's an absence of settings, so the question would be whether some people finding your setting a bit nicer than others or making their own is worth all the work.
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

:D we really can't tell. We don't know your campaign setting, if it is in releasable state, in which way you want to release it ... nor how much RL is how much more important than gaming (that happens in RL btw - so it's not totally waste of time).

But the fact that you ask this at all makes me thinking you asked 'please say me it's okay to work more on this' and if you want to ... it is!

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

Mostly its an "is it crazy to take vacation time to work on a project like this" question.

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

Not if you find it rewarding. I personally spend weeks modifying a game I just found, only to never play it, but still feel like I've enjoyed myself.

Return to “General Discussion”