D&D Next Framework?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Blakey
Dragon

D&D Next Framework?

Post by Blakey »

Hello all,

I've gone and trawled the User Creations boards but can find no D&D 5E frameworks in existance. Are there any?

Cheers
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

aku
Dragon

Re: D&D Next Framework?

Post by aku »

From what I understand, it's not officially released, so I dont think anyone has started work on it.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

True, but the play test is out there - has no one built even a simple framework for that set of rules yet? The rules themselves are pretty simple so I would expect a simple FW would be easy enough to build...?

Cheers
Blakey

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

I think Aliasmask built something small in response to another poster.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Given that D&D Next only has like, 4 rules, it should be what, a matter of 20-30 minutes to build a framework for it? You'd need:

Add/remove hit points
A set of properties for the tokens.
A d20 roller with options for advantage and disadvantage.
Damage rolls (or generic rollers, since that would also handle hit dice).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

mfrizzell wrote:I think Aliasmask built something small in response to another poster.
Yeah, I did a mod of the 3.5 framework and added a custom attack macro. The stat check now serves as all checks, hp change is the same although I didn't update the death point or recovery but that can be done manually. I redid the visions and added a summon for spiritual hammer. I never did get a chance to run a game though. Now I'm just waiting for the next phase to start (anytime now) before I put any more work in to it.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Any chance of stealing your work Aliasmask?

Cheers
Blakey

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm not ready to share just yet, but I do have the custom attack macro here:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 92#p225246

I found it very useful setting up NPC attacks and works good for PCs too. I use Plothos' spell manager for spells, but I put them in the special abilities area.

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

Actually, we made a DragonAge RPG framework for our games around here, which was easily adapted to DnD Next (since its practically the same system with a d20 instead of 3d6).

The fun part was going into all the macros and adding an 'Advantage?' block, heh.

But as Rumble indicated, its really as simple as it gets. My frameworks aren't as polished as the people who put this insane amount of work into them (because we don't play online, its just a projected-tabletop type game), so I don't post them on here. No player locking-out type things, no automated... anything really. Just keeps stats and rolls attacks, heh.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

Return to “MapTool”