Auto Incrementing Screenshots [1.3.b87]

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
JP585
Kobold

Post by JP585 »

Is there an way to do auto incrementing screenshots, or at least screen shots with the current date-time stamp on them? In our games we like to record top of the round images for later review, and having to constantly rename the export screen shot each time is tiresome.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Auto Incrementing Screenshots [1.3.b87]

Post by neofax »

I was just going to ask about this as I want a timer'd version as well. Reason is one game I play in the DM doesn't keep chat logs(which drives me crazy) and I would like to have a way to remember what went on without watching a video. Yes, I know I can keep my own chat log and I do, but this doesn't save all of the info, just the chat I can see.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

There's a feature freeze that I'm sure you're aware of. While doable, perhaps you'd like to consider 3rd party applications that do the job? I'm sure there are some out there that fits your needs.

If all else fails, try AutoHotKey or AHK for short. Wonderful piece of scripting software. I use it heavily for a lot of stuff. It can do timed events too. What's nice about it is you can set it so when you use the MT hotkey to take a screenshot, it can also trigger AHK to do some scripted action; like searching auto-incrementing a counter, building a file name string, locating the entry field on MT, pasting the text on it, and submitting it all in fraction of a second. Did I mention putting all this on a timer thread? Lastly, the learning curve isn't so bad.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Lee wrote:If all else fails, try AutoHotKey or AHK for short. Wonderful piece of scripting software. I use it heavily for a lot of stuff. It can do timed events too. What's nice about it is you can set it so when you use the MT hotkey to take a screenshot, it can also trigger AHK to do some scripted action; like searching auto-incrementing a counter, building a file name string, locating the entry field on MT, pasting the text on it, and submitting it all in fraction of a second. Did I mention putting all this on a timer thread? Lastly, the learning curve isn't so bad.
While nice for a Windows environment, it does not work in Linux. Also, I would like for this to work so that the screenshot capability in MapTool is implemented so I can take the screenshots using player view.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Return to “MapTool”