MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Re: MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework (LATEST VERSION)

Post by Dead_Jim »

So I've been playing with the macros and I was wondering if there was any way to change the attack macro to allow for 0 damage output instead of the minimum of 1. Thanks
DJ

Ristora
Kobold

Post by Ristora »

Hi all,

I've been having trouble with the teleport pads in the framework. The pads in the LIMBO map work well enough, but when I try to utilize the interjump and interdrop from the BASE map, I can't seem to make any headway! I've tried copying and pasting and cutting and pasting these, interjump 1 into LIMBO and interdrop 2 into my custom map, but no luck. I've tried them on different layers as well. Is there a trick to getting these to work?

Any help is appreciated. I hope this is in the right spot.

Adam

Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Post by Dead_Jim »

When you move the pads are you making sure to have a PadStart1 and PadEnd1? Also, have you used the initialize pads macro under the bag of tricks add on?
Dead Jim

Ristora
Kobold

Post by Ristora »

Thanks for the reply! I think your suggestion about the bag of tricks thing worked, unfortunately, when I move my token onto interjump one, I get a stack overflow error.
<html>A stack overflow has occurred.<p>This is commonly because a macro being used has exceeded the stack space specified when MapTool was executed.<br>Please run MapTool again and specify a larger stack size.
I have tried various min and max memory allocations in increments of 256 as well as stack sizes from 5 to 50 in increments of 5. Any chance you might be able to shed some light on why I get these overflow errors? Now, whenever I move my token, I get the error.

These stack overflow problems are the only things keeping me from using map tool at this point.

I've read the wiki article on the overflows but it was not of any help.

I'm running windows 7 x64 6 GB ram with Java 7.

Any idea DeadJim?

Ristora
Kobold

Post by Ristora »

Hmmmm, a stacksize of 4 seemed to work for the pads. Hopefully 4 will work across the board. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I'm still getting random occurrences of stacksize overflows, really eradic stuff. It makes maptools unusable :( Am I missing something?

Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Post by Dead_Jim »

One thing you might need to change is the Java 7 back to Java 6. The current build of maptools (87, i think) has a known issue with Java 7. There is an entire post about it at http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21856. Hope this helps.
Dead Jim

Ristora
Kobold

Post by Ristora »

I think rolling back to Java 6 might have just worked! I'll reply in a day or two to update the status. Thanks DeadJim

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

Yes,Java 7 SUCKS! There I said it and don't care. :P Will there be a newer version of 1.3 maptools to fix this issue or maybe some news on 1.4 possibly coming soon. :!:

Ristora
Kobold

Post by Ristora »

Ok, it looks like my stack overflow problems are solved! There really should be a note about Java 7 on the download page me thinks.

Thanks DeadJim!

I now have a question regarding the framework: I can't seem to figure out how to automate damage taking. I've figured out how to add pcs and npcs and tokens and all the good stuff, but when I attack a target the chat window shows the attack but the stats on the token don't change. Is this supposed to be done manually?

Thanks for any help.

Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Post by Dead_Jim »

Damage is normally done manually via the Change HP (F5 key) Macro. The only exception to this is the new targeting macro for area effect spells which can apply the damage itself. There was talk of updating the attack macro at one point but Lindsay decided she didn't want to because then it would just display Weapon #1, Weapon #2, etc instead of the custom name for the attack. (what weapon you're attacking with)

Ristora
Kobold

Post by Ristora »

Ok cool. Thanks DeadJim!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Ristora wrote:Thanks for the reply! I think your suggestion about the bag of tricks thing worked, unfortunately, when I move my token onto interjump one, I get a stack overflow error.
<html>A stack overflow has occurred.<p>This is commonly because a macro being used has exceeded the stack space specified when MapTool was executed.<br>Please run MapTool again and specify a larger stack size.
I have tried various min and max memory allocations in increments of 256 as well as stack sizes from 5 to 50 in increments of 5. Any chance you might be able to shed some light on why I get these overflow errors? Now, whenever I move my token, I get the error.

These stack overflow problems are the only things keeping me from using map tool at this point.

I've read the wiki article on the overflows but it was not of any help.

I'm running windows 7 x64 6 GB ram with Java 7.

Any idea DeadJim?
Good to hear that you got things working, however I *am* a bit weary of the stack overflow generated in j7. We're currently testing MT in J7 but for a different error type, it seems however that stack may also play a roll when we make MT ready for J7. So if you don't mind asking a couple of questions:

- to what settings was your stack set when you got the stack overflow when you used the interpads ?
- when you upped your stack to 4 you still got stack overflow messages, can you find one that is repeatable and could you then upload the campaign file with a short explanation of what we need to do to recreate the overflow error as well? So we can test this.
If the campaign file is too big for this forum (IRC > 4Mb) then drop a public link here (e.g. from dropbox)

Ristora
Kobold

Post by Ristora »

Wolf42: The overflow errors were sporadic and hard to pin down. At one point I noticed that if I loaded my campaign and the first thing I did was move an extant token onto a map pad then I would get the overflow error without fail. However, I could sometimes avoid the overflow error if I moved my token to a non-pad place on the grid and *then* moved the token on to the pad, then it would work....sometimes. Also, if I got one overflow error when moving a token, I would not be able to move that token anywhere without getting an error with every move. When this happened, pretty much nothing would work unless I restarted maptool.

I will post my campaign file and you can load it up in Java 7, and assuming the problem wasn't my computer, you will run into overflow problems soon enough. I recommend trying any macros that intuitively seem to have a lot of calculation to do because this seemed to be a commonality among the majority of the errors.

As far as my settings are concerned, I was definitely getting tons of errors when I had a Stack Size of 10. 4 only helped marginally until I changed to java 6. Min memory was at 64 and max at 2048.

I'll continue to check back to see if you have more questions.

Campaign File: A_Dark_and_Stormy_Knight.cmpgn - 26.0 MB

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Thanks. So you had a stack of 10 and got a stack overflow, and when you lowered it to 4 the stack overflow errors got less?

Weird, are you sure you got stack overflow errors and not eg memory heap ?
I ask cause a stack size of 10 is ridiculously high and can easily result in a out of memory error but NOT a stack overeflow error.

Ristora
Kobold

Post by Ristora »

The errors that I got were definitely stack overflow errors. I had tried a stack size of 50 at one point and still got them. I know they were stack overflow errors because I looked at the errors each time :)

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”