FINALLY

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

CoveredInFish
Demigod

FINALLY

Post by CoveredInFish »

keep-calm-and-be-a-demigod-6_large.png
keep-calm-and-be-a-demigod-6_large.png (51.51 KiB) Viewed 1298 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: FINALLY

Post by wolph42 »

you actually started a new topic for this... :shock:
well... welcome to our select company 8)
and as you enter this building, three of us are already close to the exit... maybe you should do something about that fish thingie :mrgreen:

nice pic btw, where you got it from?

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

No my 2500th post was an answer in the introduction thread. :) So I created a topic to celebrate but not to get here.

Yeah ... I know you guys post like crazy :-D but well there has to be some demigods too and when you leave i try to take the place. :-D

While google led me to the image its actually from here http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

At my usual posting rate of 4.25ish a day, I should reach god-hood right around my birthday at the beginning of February. That assuming we all live past the 21st of this month.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

aliasmask wrote:At my usual posting rate of 4.25ish a day, I should reach god-hood right around my birthday at the beginning of February. That assuming we all live past the 21st of this month.
ah yes the mayans...

interesting notion about the post count... lets see
5000-4535 = 465
3.33 p/d
465/3.33 ~ 140 days or 20 weeks or 4.6 months. Or... lets also predict the future: I should ascend on Tuesday, 30th of April 2013. Unless the Mayans are right... which actually is a bit of a predicament cause if they're not then they've proven that you can't predict the future and thus my prediction will turn out false... however if they're right then they've proven that you *can* predict the future and I might be right... we're it not that we'd all be gone by then making my prediction false again... hence you can't predict the future!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I can probably finagle my post count to assure ascension on my holiest of holy days (which isn't very holy). Gifting unto all my faithful followers macro mana from the heavens. Hopefully, we'll be at build b89 by then :)

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

I always thought the Mayan calendar was always counting days in a cycle, forming groups of hundreds of years. That the "end of days" was more the "end of the calendar" rather than the "end of the world" because they hadn't thought this far ahead.

Millennium Bug anyone?

patnodewf
Cave Troll

Post by patnodewf »

I've been telling myself that we've passed the Mayan's 12/21/12 because they didn't have leap years. :mrgreen:
My form-fillable PDF Character Sheet for Pathfinder can be found here.

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

patnodewf wrote:I've been telling myself that we've passed the Mayan's 12/21/12 because they didn't have leap years. :mrgreen:
They didn't have leap years because they didn't count years, they counted long-count cycles - therefore not requiring them to "correct" the years.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Bone White wrote:
patnodewf wrote:I've been telling myself that we've passed the Mayan's 12/21/12 because they didn't have leap years. :mrgreen:
They didn't have leap years because they didn't count years, they counted long-count cycles - therefore not requiring them to "correct" the years.
so... are we doomed or not? EoC also sounds pretty ominous to me...

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

wolph42 wrote:so... are we doomed or not? EoC also sounds pretty ominous to me...
Taking into account that the beginning of the mayan calendar, like all others, has no link to any similar astronomical event (sun or galaxy birth, or whatever) there's no way it can have any link to any similar end, except like broken clocks which have the right time twice a day :lol:

patnodewf
Cave Troll

Post by patnodewf »

Bone White wrote:
:shock:
Way to yank me out of my comfort-zone on that topic, BW!
My form-fillable PDF Character Sheet for Pathfinder can be found here.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

JML wrote:
wolph42 wrote:so... are we doomed or not? EoC also sounds pretty ominous to me...
Taking into account that the beginning of the mayan calendar, like all others, has no link to any similar astronomical event (sun or galaxy birth, or whatever) there's no way it can have any link to any similar end, except like broken clocks which have the right time twice a day :lol:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. After all some astronomical events are dated and thus linked to the calendar, e.g. a solar eclipse or the Bethlehem star from the bible (although thats most likely a star going super nova, making it a bit hard to 'get the point in time'). These might not signify the *start* of the calendar but they do align dates with a calculable point in time which allows different calendars to be 'synced'.
The obvious question is of course is whether this has ever been done (properly) and of course 21-12-2012 for whom? as there will NEVER be a point in time where its the same date for everyone as the time difference over the time zones is 25 hours while we only have 24 hours in a day. Interestingly enough that would allow 3 different dates to co-exist on earth at midnight at the international date line. But you could argue to take the Mayan time zone (UTC-6 IRC)... so back to the question: are we doomed or not :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussion”