MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Scottbert
Kobold

Re: MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (NEW! Latest V

Post by Scottbert »

Statblock2Token is broken again. And now we can't use the old versions for some reason.

Code: Select all

Error in body of roll.
       Statement options (if any): H, IF(0
        Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [Size_txt=getGroup(id, 1, 1)] [setSize(Size_txt)] [sizeList = table( "SysVars", json.get( table( "SysVars", 0 ), "sizeList" ) ) ] [sizeModList = "8,4,2,1,0,-1,-2,-4,-8"] [Size=listFind(sizeLi

Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Post by Dead_Jim »

TheOneHawk wrote:Is there a way to get character sheet information into the macro's without my players having to understand the code?
The easiest way I know of if the statblock2token macro is broken is to use the "Setup Blank" macro under the Setup section. It will walk you through a bunch of different screens and most of the things are pretty self explanatory. Number of Hit Dice, Total Saves.. etc. I'll try to get a new video made soon since LM changed a few things with the macro and then I'll post a link here.

DJ

Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Post by Dead_Jim »

Scottbert wrote:Statblock2Token is broken again. And now we can't use the old versions for some reason.

Error in body of roll.
        Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [Size_txt=getGroup(id, 1, 1)] [setSize(Size_txt)] [sizeList = table( "SysVars", json.get( table( "SysVars", 0 ), "sizeList" ) ) ] [sizeModList = "8,4,2,1,0,-1,-2,-4,-8"] [Size=listFind(sizeLi

I haven't been able to reproduce this error, were you copying a monster from somewhere or were you using a custom creature like a PC?

TheOneHawk
Kobold

Post by TheOneHawk »

I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm not very good at this kind of thing. How does one go about creating a PC and statting them out and getting all the buttons available to the player for them?

Is it any different for making an NPC? If so, how do you do that?

Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Post by Dead_Jim »

TheOneHawk wrote:I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm not very good at this kind of thing. How does one go about creating a PC and statting them out and getting all the buttons available to the player for them?

Its the same process, I'd just suggest having the PC's Character sheet handy when you're programing the character in. As far as getting all the buttons available to players, when you host a game, the players will connect to your client have all of the framework loaded along with any maps you create, so all they have to do is join your game.

DJ

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Scottbert wrote:Statblock2Token is broken again. And now we can't use the old versions for some reason.

Error in body of roll.
I just tried a few different statblocks with no error... you will need to supply more info.

The older macros are still in the older campaign files, I just found that this one was doing a decent job and removed the clutter.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

TheOneHawk wrote:I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm not very good at this kind of thing. How does one go about creating a PC and statting them out and getting all the buttons available to the player for them?

The buttons are in the Campaign window (or on the character sheet as links). So as long as you share the campaign macros your players will have what they need.

The only differences between a PC and an NPC are vision and data exposure. You set them up the same. But NPCs will show less data to the players than PCs (as NPCs are generally the GMs tokens).

If you are starting with a fresh token, run Setup Blank on it as a baseline, or use Statblock2Token if you are copy-pasting from a PDF/Website. Once you have that baseline setup, the Edit Char (or Sheet) macro will let you tweak various elements.

TheOneHawk
Kobold

Post by TheOneHawk »

Ok, I seem to have everything working, thus far. Just wondering, how come I can't seem to gain access to spells as a magus in the plothos spell tracker? The option is there, but no spells appear to be available to learn.

Also, when I run setup blank and try to get into the skills part, there's a stack overload. I set my stack to 3 as suggested and it didn't work, I also tried four. This might have something to do with the fact that maptool won't start when I use the launcher, I have to use the executable jar file. I don't know if that's normal or not.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

TheOneHawk wrote:Ok, I seem to have everything working, thus far. Just wondering, how come I can't seem to gain access to spells as a magus in the plothos spell tracker? The option is there, but no spells appear to be available to learn.

Also, when I run setup blank and try to get into the skills part, there's a stack overload. I set my stack to 3 as suggested and it didn't work, I also tried four. This might have something to do with the fact that maptool won't start when I use the launcher, I have to use the executable jar file. I don't know if that's normal or not.
The Plothos Spell Manager data is fan populated. So if Magus is incomplete, go for it! :-)

It sounds like you are using MapTools b89. I have not extensively tested in that version as it has bugs that are significant enough for me to not want to run with it. When b90 is released I will test and release an updated framework.

TheOneHawk
Kobold

Post by TheOneHawk »

Switched to b87, still having the same problems. Should I be able to launch the game from the maptoollauncher application? The error I'm getting is unable to access jarfile maptool*.jar

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

First of all I would like to say that this framework is great and a few friends and I just started using it a few days ago. I have just a quick few questions,
1. Is there a way to make Maptools calculate whether an attack hits by comparing the attack roll to the targets AC, by using this framework?
2. As above, but with damage auto-applied as well.

andromada369
Kobold

Post by andromada369 »

Am I blind or is there no option to change what stat affects damage? Would be useful for people who run dervish dancers or zen archers and the like.

Waylorn
Kobold

Post by Waylorn »

Hello all.. I am posting this here as I dont know where else to post it. We have been using 1.3.b87.06 framework for the last little bit and I have one issue I dont know how to fix. When we statblock a token from HeroLab, we always get 3 popup windows in a row. (example: Value for match.1279.m1.group1). If you hit ok it will statblock but I am afraid the token is not getting statted correctly.

running 1.3.b89 java 6.45 x64 on windows 7 x64 professional.

Any help would be appreciated.

Example statblock from hero lab

Riven
Male Angel-Blooded Aasimar (Angelkin) Oracle 5
N Medium Outsider (native)
Hero Points 1
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +1 shield, +4 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 50 (5d8+10)
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +6
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, fire 10
Weakness oracle's curses (haunted)
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft., revelations (cinder dance, molten skin)
Melee Light Shield Bash +4 (1d3+5/x2) and
+2 Heavy mace +10 (1d8+7/x2) and
Masterwork Morningstar +9 (1d8+5/x2)
Spell-Like Abilities Alter Self (1/day)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 5):
2 (5/day) Resist Energy, Minor Image (DC 17), Cure Moderate Wounds, Weapon of Awe (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 17), Levitate
1 (8/day) Shield of Faith, Summon Monster I, Burning Hands (DC 16), Cure Light Wounds, Burning Disarm (DC 16), Forbid Action (DC 16)
0 (at will) Stabilize, Mage Hand, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound (DC 15), Guidance, Light, Enhanced Diplomacy
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 20, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 17, Wis 14, Cha 21
Base Atk +3; CMB +8; CMD 23
Feats Additional Traits, Dodge, Mobility, Nimble Moves (5 ft/rd)
Traits Extremely Fashionable (Bluff), Eyes and Ears of the City, Highlander (hills or mountains), Rich Parents
Skills Acrobatics +14 (+18 jump), Bluff +11, Climb +7, Diplomacy +13, Escape Artist +2, Fly +2, Heal +8, Intimidate +11, Knowledge (history) +8, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +11, Ride +2, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +11, Stealth +11 (+13 in hilly or rocky areas), Swim +3, Use Magic Device +6; Racial Modifiers +2 Heal, highlander (hills or mountains), scaly diplomacy (1/day)
Languages Dwarvish, Elvish, Enochian, Mharoti (Draconic), Trade Tongue
SQ hero points, mysteries (flame), status: 9
Combat Gear Wand of - Add custom wand -, Cure Light Wounds; Other Gear Masterwork Chain shirt, Light steel shield, +2 Heavy mace, Masterwork Morningstar, Backpack, masterwork (7 @ 11.5 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (empty), Flint and steel, Glass cutter, Silk rope, Twine (50'), Weapon cord, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (empty), 826 GP, 9 SP, 9 CP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Damage Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Acid attacks.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (10) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Haunted Retrieving stored gear is a Standard action or worse, dropped items land 10' away.
Hero Points (1) Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.
Highlander (hills or mountains) +1 to Stealth checks, Stealth is always a class skill for you. Double this in hilly or rocky areas.
Mobility +4 to AC vs. AoO provoked by moving out of or through a threatened area.
Nimble Moves (5 ft/rd) Move through the listed amount of difficult terrain each rd as if it were normal terrain.
Scaly Diplomacy (1/day) (Ex) +2 Diplomacy with scaly creatures 1/day
Status: 9 In Midgard, prestige or status is a matter of public importance, and the setting assumes that PCs will come from different stations, social classes, and backgrounds. This social standing is reflected in the optional Status attribute. This attribute i
Weapon cord Attached weapon can be recovered as a swift action.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

dontadow
Cave Troll

Post by dontadow »

I've had this pop up with a couple of different stat block formats. From what I've gathered, nothing is wrong with my character block with 2 of them, however with 1 it just didnt stat as a whole. The problem was in the stat block.

What i would do is compare hero labs stat block to the official paizo block and see what is extremely different.

Also, a trick i learned to stop the problem in a couple was to simply cut and paste it it into a notebook file. Then cut and paste it into maptools.

StoneCracker
Kobold

Post by StoneCracker »

So, don't kill me but... I'm a total noob to MapTool and (obviously) this framework. Do you have a Wiki or tutorial page I can take a look at? I'm planning on DMing a campaign with some friends and this looks like the best tool/framework to use. But i don't know HOW to use it lol.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”