Lindsay's Generic Tools (Whisper, Move Tokens, Handouts)

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Lindsay's Generic Tools (Whisper, Move Tokens, Handouts)

Post by aliasmask »

Warklaw wrote:Hey guys,

I am not sure if it was just me or what but I would use some caution with downloading this file fromt he 4share site. After I downloaded the file I got all sorts of nasties (adware, maleware, and trojans) installed on my machine and had to spend the next two hours cleaning it all off. All I wanted was a whisper macro without having to dream up the wheel again sheesh.

Not accusing or pointing fingers just putting up a warning.

Adware I noticed: Wizend ad, MyPC Backup
Trojan: TR/Dropper.gen
I don't know about the file specifically, but I do know the site has many "download buttons" which are just advertisements that have you download the adware. First, you must be logged in now to download files. The download button is on same line as the share button. Once clicking the correct download button it brings you to a page where you have to wait 20 seconds after clicking Free Download where it will automatically download after the time is up. I scanned the current file and it shows no threats. You probably just got duped in to clicking the "get file" with the Huge Download button which is adware.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

4Share use to be good, now it's crap.

It would probably be better if this was moved to google docs or dropbox or something without a chance to install that adware.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

Full Bleed wrote:4Share use to be good, now it's crap.

It would probably be better if this was moved to google docs or dropbox or something without a chance to install that adware.
Or www.rptools.net as I've uploaded it now... It's under the filesize limit for the forum uploads so no need to use a third party.

Warklaw
Cave Troll

Post by Warklaw »

You are most likely right, though I have to say the original 'Are you sure you want to download this' that I got did have the true file name. I am also pretty savy and wary, being that IT is my career, about those false DL buttons which I was aware of and quit certain I did not use. Regaurdless however, I tend to agree that moving the file was a good idea.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Bone White wrote:Or http://www.rptools.net as I've uploaded it now... It's under the filesize limit for the forum uploads so no need to use a third party.
So, where is it?

OP still links to 4shared (will need a mod to change that link)... and your link just goes to rptools.net.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I added the downloaded file to OP, but left the link alone. I'll let Lindsay make any content changes.

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

Full Bleed wrote:So, where is it?
Previous page in this thread. (Upload links won't work quoted).
Bone White wrote:This is the version I have, which I can't find any so called ware on. I don't believe I've edited anything within the campaign file, just copied tokens/macros out, but I could be wrong.
MT1.3.61_WhisperHandoutsMapMove01.cmpgn

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

Did anyone port the tools to the newest maptool? It gives me an error ("invalid reference") when I try to load version 3.61.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”