[RPGMapShare] GoFundMe campaign started

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

[RPGMapShare] GoFundMe campaign started

Post by Steel Rat »

Hello All!

I know many of you are users of RPGMapShare.com, a free repository or user-created maps and mapping objects. But some folks may not be, or may not be aware of recent developments.

Until about a year ago, RPGMapShare was funded pretty much by me alone, with an occasional generous donation. Due to an un-wanted career change a few years ago, it became increasingly difficult for me to keep the site going financially. While the donations were much appreciated, they were too few and far between to make much of an impact.

So, I considered going subscription only, something I really didn't want to do, but the alternative was to shut down the site. Fortunately the folks at Roll20 offered to fully fund the server on a trial basis. After 6 months they graciously agreed to continue funding for another 6 months. We've gone beyond that, and they're still funding. I can't thank them enough!

But I know they can't fund the site forever. So, I started a GoFundMe campaign in an effort to fund the server for at least 2 years, and to upgrade. The goal is $5000. Seems like a lot, I know, but that's two solid years of server lease payments and significant upgrades. That boils down to 250 people donating $20, or 500 donating $10.

I know not everyone can afford much, I'm one of those people, but every little bit helps. I know this community can pull together, like they did when the server needed upgrading a couple years ago. That was simply awesome! This is going to take that kind of dedication, and a lot more. I'm confident that we can get this done.

The campaign has been up for about 21 days now. We're off to a slow start, so if you use RPGMapShare, or just want to support the gaming community, please consider donating.

Thanks to everyone for the support in the past, present, and future.

Oh, and GO HAWKS 8)
Last edited by Steel Rat on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: [RPGMapShare] GoFundMe campaign started

Post by RPTroll »

I've used that site for a long time and plan on donating. I'll also spread the word.

Thanks for all your work on this SR.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Thanks very much for the donation and for spreading the word. You're awesome!
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

good to post it here. Haven't used your site for last few years, but donated anyway. Its always good to keep these things up! I hope more will follow.

Return to “Links & External Resources”